View previous topic :: View next topic  
Orestes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject:

drzucchini wrote:
Critical Beatdown wrote:
drzucchini wrote:
All he did was barrel into Batgirl constantly for what seemed like a record-breaking amount of and-1s.

Lamar only had 3 fouls in the game, at least one of which was clearly not a foul, just Lamar standing there with his arms up, and I'm not even sure the other 2 were even committed when Millsap was shooting.

It's too easy to dispell ignorant statements, especially when there's a tape and a play-by-play chart (which I'm about to review).

In every single highlight that TNT just showed of Millsap, Batgirl was on the receiving end.

Maybe it's just a coincidence.

Or maybe he really did, in fact, get abused.

Milsap is too strong and active for Odom. He gave Odom (and everyone else) trouble when we got blown out in Utah earlier in the season.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That second half may have put to rest the rumors that Deron is more injured than he's letting on.
2The4th
Star Player
Star Player

LakerLanny wrote:
That one drive and dunk Deron Williams had was pretty sick.

That is something you won't see CP3 do. I am a big fan of Deron Williams, he has a lot of game. That said, I hope we only see him twice more this season!

I remembered pp debating if D. Williams was better than CP3. Now, we know the result.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

drzucchini wrote:
Critical Beatdown wrote:
drzucchini wrote:
All he did was barrel into Batgirl constantly for what seemed like a record-breaking amount of and-1s.

Lamar only had 3 fouls in the game, at least one of which was clearly not a foul, just Lamar standing there with his arms up, and I'm not even sure the other 2 were even committed when Millsap was shooting.

It's too easy to dispell ignorant statements, especially when there's a tape and a play-by-play chart (which I'm about to review).

In every single highlight that TNT just showed of Millsap, Batgirl was on the receiving end.

Oh you mean that ONE highlight. Yeah I saw that too where Milsap made some falling left handed miracle hook.
Critical Beatdown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Looking at the play-by-play, Lamar had three fouls, one defending Millsap which ended up a 3-point play (terrible call), one a loose ball foul against Millsap that did not result in points, and then one other foul on Boozer.

Meanwhile, Lamar put up 19 and 17 on only 10 shots, drew 6 fouls on Utah, blocked at least 2 shots (should have been credited with at least one more), and also registered a steal.
isph
Star Player
Star Player

We'll have a stiffer test in Utah, but I Believe.!!!!!!

LET'S GO LAKERS!!!!!!
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Orestes wrote:
drzucchini wrote:
Critical Beatdown wrote:
drzucchini wrote:

Milsap is too strong and active for Odom. He gave Odom (and everyone else) trouble when we got blown out in Utah earlier in the season.

The ball bounced his way and he also made some real tough shots that only occur when you do indian rain dances.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Odom outplayed Boozer, which makes me forget about Milsap.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
hellsling
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject:

drzucchini wrote:
Critical Beatdown wrote:
drzucchini wrote:

Are you serious? Lamar's D was very very good he was rotating on D, blocking shots and distorting the Jazz O. If you saw the game you can see it was mostly Pau who was lost on D especially on the Pick and Roll. Thus, forcing Lamar to rotate and helping Pau out. In addition, defensive rebounding is part of defense and LO gave us 14 rebounds

Last edited by hellsling on Wed May 07, 2008 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
fan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject:

How anyone can put down LO tonight is beyond me....19, 16, and 2 blks. Don't take it for granted fans.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Lamar is ballin period.
RhodyRay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject:

phenotul wrote:
How did the Jazz shoot 33 more times than us? Damn.

The Jazz shot 16 FTs and the Lakers 42. Shots that draw fouls (not counting AND1s) don't count as attempts right??? Stats are very misleading. Same thing happened in the 1st game. The Jazz are fouling and the Lakers are getting to the line.
Vercetti
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject:

LOL @ the end of the game with Sloan trying to help his players like Williams statpad with his useless timeouts and fouls.
dna.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject:

I just got home so didn't read the rest of this thread, but I think that once again (like game 1) we played a worse 2nd half than our 1st half but still managed to pull out a win.

Yes, a win is a win and I'm happy about it. But I just don't know if I like the trend where we come out playing our best ball for only half a game and that ends up being enough to get the win. I've already been ripped by some other fans for my "negativity"...

I just don't think we'll be able to win a championship that way. I think Utah is definitely NOT the greatest challenge we will have in these playoffs and in order to get some rings we'll need to step it up and be consistent thoughout the whole game.
AndrewBynum17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject:

I am not satisfied with these first two games. We need to play a lot better if we are to get the sweep. I am scared for my sweep prediction topic.
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject:

fan4life wrote:
How anyone can put down LO tonight is beyond me....19, 16, and 2 blks. Don't take it for granted fans.

"but, but, but he's batgirl and odumb and and and has no impact and isn't a second option and and is a stat stuffer and..."

Gets old, but they never stop.
Lamar played a solid game.
Props to the team. So far, they have met every challenge.
Critical Beatdown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Well, it looks like Lamar, Pau and Luke all fouled Millsap for an And-1 in the first half. Also, while Lamar was in the game, not even necessarily covering Millsap, Millsap was a meager 4-9 from the field, hardly dominant or "abusing" Lamar (and Lamar wasn't covering him on all those plays either, just from my own recollection, I would have noticed Millsap abusing Lamar, and obviously Millsap had the And-1's with Kobe and Luke fouling him in the 1st half).
AndrewBynum17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Lamar always gets singled out by the refs.
Critical Beatdown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject:

What's funny is just as numerous other times in the season I could go back to the tape and show that relatively very few points were actually scored by Lamar's man, whoever it happened to be on a particular possession.
former_statman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject:

fan4life wrote:

It's the same as the conspiracy crap. People decide ahead of time what they want to see, and then when it happens, they point it out. When it doesn't, they conveniently ignore the facts. Odom had a great game and without him the Lakers probably lose this one.
thegreatest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject:

lamar was huge in the 3rd
Vercetti
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Sasha was CLUTCH tonight
Critical Beatdown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject:

Vercetti wrote:
Sasha was CLUTCH tonight

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52
Page 52 of 52
Jump to: