Vic "The Brick" Jacobs just confirmed on the Joe McDonnell show that a crazy Jazz fan confronted D-Fish during a commercial T.O.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 6:57 am    Post subject:

Last edited by 55 on Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
lalfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 8:16 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
CabinCreek44 wrote:
Let's face it, our society is becoming more and more hostile, and the general fan behavior at sporting events now is increasingly boorish and offensive.

And it's really bad in the NBA. I guess it's the closer proximity to the players, you can see them more easily, and they're playing in their skivvies... Fans feel more free to hurl invective I guess.

It's gotten very personal and profane. It's a real shame and a societal thing. That said, the Utah fans have behaved like classless jerks toward Fisher. I can understand the booing right now when it's playoffs and whatnot, but the booing from the game in November was inexcusable. And some deranged fan trying to get into his grill and insulting his integrity is way beyond the pale.

But the media has gone far enough with the booing of Fish angle. And Fish needs to get over it too. It's done, it's over, not everybody in Utah feels that way, and now it's time to take care of business. So there's some idiots in Utah that hate Derek Fisher now...so what? Eff 'em. Let's get this team out of our face and make Sunday our last game in that hellhole until next season.

I might be inclined to agree had this been in a metro area plagued with urban blight, but it took place in Salt Lake City. The Jazz fans have always been among the most vicious and nasty in the NBA. I think there is a stronger correlation between classless, vicious fan behavior and small cities that have only one major sports team. Think Sacramento.

totally agreed. it's the us against the world mentallity small towns against big cities. i just can't imagine scum places like utah and sacramento still have a team while a metropolitan city like Seattle about to lose theirs. now you can add oklahoma city to that list of that undeserving nba franchise city.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 8:36 am    Post subject:

In the Houston series, Bob Delaney had security throw out one out of control Utah fan sitting courtside.

Turns out the guy (in his 50s with face paint on! ) is actually a prominent local surgeon.

I think in Utah, going to a Jazz game is the one time these uptight people get to let down their inhibitions and their inner animal and racism comes out big time.

They are a disgusting group, vile and foul mouthed. I had thought about heading out for a road game, but didn't want to expose my kid to that type of environment.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 8:38 am    Post subject:

Perfect Makes Practice wrote:
Crazy Jazz fan = Product of Inbreeding

Haha... same thing I was thinkin. Sure, I'm sure not all Jazz fans (or people of Utah) are classless, 'The Hills have Eyes' rejects. But you have to figure these guys are frothing at the mouth to gather together and get out of their homes after sunset to watch the ball go bouncy. And if they can take some of their inner rage and frustration out on someone other than a family member (an opposing team) then it's a win-win situation.

Even some of the players on the Jazz have that in-bred, not-quite-right look to 'em. Check out Korver's mug and the strange, pig-like features of Deron Williams' melon. Creepy.
drew4lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
In the Houston series, Bob Delaney had security throw out one out of control Utah fan sitting courtside.

Turns out the guy (in his 50s with face paint on! ) is actually a prominent local surgeon.

I think in Utah, going to a Jazz game is the one time these uptight people get to let down their inhibitions and their inner animal and racism comes out big time.

They are a disgusting group, vile and foul mouthed. I had thought about heading out for a road game, but didn't want to expose my kid to that type of environment.

I mentioned earlier and elsewhere that I lived in Utah for 2 years. 2 of the longest years of my life, but I don't have any ill will. They are happy with the way they have things, and I need something else.

I do have to say this though - you can tell a lot about people by observing the way they drive. Lesson learned: don't expect much courtesy from the average driver there.

There are too many great people in that state to write them off as a group, but certainly beneath the surface there are plenty of people who definitely aren't saints. What some of them do at Jazz games [which I won't call rooting - just like I don't for some of the more tasteless things done or said by fellow Laker fans] is probably one of the few acceptable ways they can vent the more unsavory parts of their personalities in public and actually have that appreciated by their peers.
KOBEGASOL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject:

And one of the Jazz fans' touch Steve Hartman in a funny place
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject:

CabinCreek44 wrote:
Let's face it, our society is becoming more and more hostile, and the general fan behavior at sporting events now is increasingly boorish and offensive.

And it's really bad in the NBA. I guess it's the closer proximity to the players, you can see them more easily, and they're playing in their skivvies... Fans feel more free to hurl invective I guess.

It's gotten very personal and profane. It's a real shame and a societal thing. That said, the Utah fans have behaved like classless jerks toward Fisher. I can understand the booing right now when it's playoffs and whatnot, but the booing from the game in November was inexcusable. And some deranged fan trying to get into his grill and insulting his integrity is way beyond the pale.

But the media has gone far enough with the booing of Fish angle. And Fish needs to get over it too. It's done, it's over, not everybody in Utah feels that way, and now it's time to take care of business. So there's some idiots in Utah that hate Derek Fisher now...so what? Eff 'em. Let's get this team out of our face and make Sunday our last game in that hellhole until next season.

Yep as I was watching the brawl in Detroit ... again on Youtube I noticed how quickly it got hostile when the fans were involved... And don't get me started on the lack of security.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject:

I think they seriously need to consider moving the front row seats back in the NBA.
Vercetti
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 11:04 am    Post subject:

And people called some LA fans "classless" for taunting them because they had a Boozler jersey on at staples.

Seriously, i hope Kobe torches them for 60 on sunday and wakes up gasol.
Skate
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
I think they seriously need to consider moving the front row seats back in the NBA.

I think this would a VERY good idea for Utah, Portland and Detroit.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments in life that take our breath away"

Last edited by Skate on Sat May 10, 2008 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Skate
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject:

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments in life that take our breath away"
LakerFanAlways
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Thank you Jazz fans for handing this series back to the Lakers..if this kind of crap isn't enough motivation for the lakers to come out tomorrow and lay some serious smackdown on these fools I don't know what is
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject:

LakerFanAlways wrote:
Thank you Jazz fans for handing this series back to the Lakers..if this kind of crap isn't enough motivation for the lakers to come out tomorrow and lay some serious smackdown on these fools I don't know what is

March 20.

They need to give up the tentative offense BS. Jackson said it himself, "Flow the ball around quicker."
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject:

SwingLeftShootRight wrote:
Jazz fans are classless; always have been.

you can't classify all of one fan base because of a few idiots .... there are some great and true Jazz fans who are passionate about their squad ...

a few idiots ruin it for everyone .....
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject:

lalfan wrote:

i just can't imagine scum places like utah and sacramento still have a team while a metropolitan city

Both cases were a rich guy with ties to either place who bought a failed franchise and moved it there. Only thing is, the Utah guy had the intent of eventually scooting the Jazz over to Las Vegas (he had them play 10 home games at UNLV for a few years to show the Commish that it could work) and it was never approved. Later on, the Kings boyz were mulling the same move. Utah almost failed of its own in the early days, Nique was able to scare them into a trade for junk and $1 mill with the threat of a holdout. The Jazz needed that million just to help stay afloat, . Suckers.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Vic "The Brick" Jacobs just confirmed on the Joe McDonnell show that a crazy Jazz fan confronted D-Fish during a commercial T.O.

MAJIC wrote:
The fan reportedly peppered Derek with all kinds of bad names including "Liar" leading to Fisher barking back and being visibly upset.....

Not sure if this bothers anyone else but this pisses me right off as a Lakers fan!!!!

This just solidifies my opinion that Utah has the most classless fans in the history of professional sports!!!!

Fans are entitled to yell at players all they want, as long as they don't use obscene language. I don't have any problem with a Utah fan calling Fisher a liar. Derek, as a pro athlete, should be in more control and not respond or let it get to him.
Skate
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:

you can't classify all of one fan base because of a few idiots .... there are some great and true Jazz fans who are passionate about their squad ...

Ahhh... only if it were just "a few idiots"... trust me, it's more like majority. Have you been to Utah?

Last edited by Skate on Sat May 10, 2008 7:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
HasBeenWarned
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Vic "The Brick" Jacobs just confirmed on the Joe McDonnell show that a crazy Jazz fan confronted D-Fish during a commercial T.O.

activeverb wrote:
MAJIC wrote:
The fan reportedly peppered Derek with all kinds of bad names including "Liar" leading to Fisher barking back and being visibly upset.....

Not sure if this bothers anyone else but this pisses me right off as a Lakers fan!!!!

This just solidifies my opinion that Utah has the most classless fans in the history of professional sports!!!!

Fans are entitled to yell at players all they want, as long as they don't use obscene language. I don't have any problem with a Utah fan calling Fisher a liar. Derek, as a pro athlete, should be in more control and not respond or let it get to him.

I agree, though, I bet that fan said more than just that he was a liar.
Brand New
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject:

NatureBoy wrote:
Use it as fuel for Game 4

turn a negative into a positive!

Exactly.
10scott10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject:

while i do think what the fan said was classless, am i the only one who caught the mega-irony of insulting people who we claim to be classless by saying this. im just saying
dre3kla
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Vic "The Brick" Jacobs just confirmed on the Joe McDonnell show that a crazy Jazz fan confronted D-Fish during a commercial T.O.

MAJIC wrote:

Besides pissing me off as a Laker fan, it pisses me off as a human f***in being. Idiot doesn't know that if he was put in D-Fish's position that he would do the same thing.
Game #666
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Maybe it was a closet Laker Fan. Hoping it would add fuel to the fire?
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject:

No offense to anyone but if we all had to live in Utah, most of us would end out weird as they are ourselves!!

Anyone here ever been influenced by the Mormon Church??? Those folks are different than the rest of us.

Have that doctrine breathing down your neck every day and it's not surprising they act like they do.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject:

skate wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

Ahhh... only if it were just "a few idiots"... trust me, it's more like majority. Have you been to Utah?

yeah. many times and the ones I've encountered were cool to me ..... I took a ribbing for being a Lakers fan in Salt Lake but many times, after the game, win or lose, we kicked back and chilled ..... not everyone is Utah is a Holy Roller ... Squatters is a decent place to chill and get ya drink on
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject:

That fan deserves to be banned from all events at that stadium for life. That is absolutely classless. You can boo Kobe because he's Kobe, but you can't boo Fisher because he wanted his daughter to get treatment. This guy has some nerve to call Fisher a liar. Being belligerent to a degree it OK, but seriously, you just don't do that kind of stuff to a guy who has a daughter with Cancer...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: