Vic "The Brick" Jacobs just confirmed on the Joe McDonnell show that a crazy Jazz fan confronted D-Fish during a commercial T.O.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mugwump
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject:

CabinCreek44 wrote:
Let's face it, our society is becoming more and more hostile, and the general fan behavior at sporting events now is increasingly boorish and offensive...

Ah the good ole days. I remember going to a Bulls game in the early 80's against the Celtics, and guys in the rafters yelling and reaching for guns in their leather coats whenever a Boston player fouled too hard. In the nearby bathroom, the stalls were occupied with patrons smoking weed.

If anything, sports are becoming more upscale as the ticket prices, salaries, and advertising increases.

Lookie here from 1948.
suqrat
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject:

like i said, IT SHOULDN'T BE ALOWED. After my team lost to the jazz last round in game 6 a fan got up into mcgrady's face and started screaming (bleep) too i dont understand these people but this just crosses the line here

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v461/eureca323/?action=view&current=fishfancopy.jpg
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Game #666 wrote:
Maybe it was a closet Laker Fan. Hoping it would add fuel to the fire?

It was bozak.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject:

drew4lakers wrote:
If true, then yes, I think this will fuel the Lakers going into game 4.

I thought they would be motivated enough as is, but this is in another league.

I won't put down the people of Utah in general, but like anywhere else they have a fair share of fans who are lousy human beings and by all rights should probably be institutionalized.

Especially when if comes to fans supporting sports franchises... Hell, I've even tried to stop labeling the entire city of Sacramento the result of a very large inbreeding cult...

The fans of Utah, and any other city just love there team. Years ago I think I might have said a few savory things to Bruce Bowen had I been able to get within ear shot of him too...

With that said however, I just wish a local chapter of LA's most vicious supporting fans in Utah would have been in the area of that (bleep) who went after Fish about the issues that he did. Fisher is trying to take care of his child MF, would have been the first thing I would have said before the ensuing ruckus took place... That (bleep) doesn't know Fish! He's just a (bleep) up individual that doesn't appreciate being down 2-1...
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 5:24 am    Post subject:

mugwump wrote:
CabinCreek44 wrote:
Let's face it, our society is becoming more and more hostile, and the general fan behavior at sporting events now is increasingly boorish and offensive...

Ah the good ole days. I remember going to a Bulls game in the early 80's against the Celtics, and guys in the rafters yelling and reaching for guns in their leather coats whenever a Boston player fouled too hard. In the nearby bathroom, the stalls were occupied with patrons smoking weed.

If anything, sports are becoming more upscale as the ticket prices, salaries, and advertising increases.

Lookie here from 1948.

I've attended more sporting events at the college and pro levels than I can begin to count for more years than I'd care to remember. IMO fan behavior has become progressively worse at games in the last decade or so.

I'm sure the fans in 1948 were quite vociferous while they were calling an opposing player a bum or telling the ump he needed to put his glasses on. But I doubt it compared in terms of vile, profane nastiness with some of the stuff I've heard screamed at people like Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, etc.

Perhaps if more fans today were smoking weed in the bathroom stalls, the crowds would be a little more mellow...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: