Game 4 Adjustment - Start Turiaf!

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakermax
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Game 4 Adjustment - Start Turiaf!

PG - Fish
SG - Kobe
SF - LO
PF - Turiaf
C - Pau

Is it me or is Turiaf playing superb basketball? He's just getting it done on both ends of the floor and is owning D Williams in the paint by sending his week shiz the other way. (That last block was totally clean) He's also another good rebounder to have on the floor that can body up on Boozer. And he is hitting that open 15 ft jumper!

Let Pau guard Okur - Pau's length will disrupt that shot of his. This will allow LO to guard AK and get in the lane for some more rebounding.

Vlad just hasn't been doing it for me and is more of a liability at this point. IMO he's making too many little mental mistakes. I'd almost rather have Luke start instead of Vlad.
Rayaboy30
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject:

yea bc luke performed so well in crunch time yesterday. id give it a try but pau guarding okur means pau out on the parimeter and the lane even more open
BT
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject:

... but I think it won't happen. I think Phil Jackson uses to make substitutions and call timeouts always a little later than he (maybe) should.

I don't see him changing the lineup at this moment. I believe he'll start with Vlad and later, if he makes some of his famous mistakes just seat him on the bench (a little bit later, once again).

Anyway, Ronnie plays very well from the bench. It's just a matter of giving him some extra minutes.
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject:

No way Phil depletes the bench by starting Turiaf. We would be starting ALL of our interior post threats. Mbenga, who I think is doing a very nice job, just isn't a bonafide offensive post presence. Mihm has been done for 2 years now. There is no one else who would even be considered a post player. That leaves our 2nd unit to thin to compete well, and Phil won't be likely to do this.

Jake Speed, 1986
Banzai
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Fish/Kobe/Pau/Vlad/Odom...same line up
japanesebeef1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 4 Adjustment - Start Turiaf!

lakermax wrote:
PG - Fish

Is it me or is Turiaf playing superb basketball?

Well, its not you . . . so it must be Turiaf!

Actually, the banging change of pace may be a good thing. He can bang with Boozer . . . but fouls might be a problem. I prefer Vlad on Okur because of his tendency to stay out of the middle. He can't out quick vlad but I think he could shoot on Turiaf.
LakeShow09
LG Multimedia Team
LG Multimedia Team

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Turiaf's 15 footer has become a nice looking, dependable shot!
Critical Beatdown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject:

I prefer having Ronny out there with Jordan on the 2nd unit protecting the paint.
deepster3223
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject:

we are fine...its one game in the last 10-11. relax....just like the majority of the member of this site, you panic after a loss. we played like crap in game 3 and almost pulled out the win. we are going to be fine. everyone will step up and kobe will carry us home tomorrow.

We Miss You Chick!!!
Brand New
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject:

yea no need to change, all we need is Pau and Odom to man up.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Game 4 Adjustment - Start Turiaf!

Lakers will not be th first to blink -- the Jazz will adjust first.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject:

No, I don't think it's good to suddenly mix things up, Odom hasn't played Small Forward in a while. And... Who would back up Turiaf at Power Forward, and who would back up Gasol at Center?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Turiaf is not starting material
He is too out of control with his shot block attempts, fouling guys on shots he never had a chance in blocking
Senor Mortgage
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Turiaf is much better at backup C than PF IMO.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject:

I'd prefer starting Chris Mihm with the express purpose of trying to draw 2 early fouls on Boozer. I'd tell Chris to go to the hole very aggressively and tell him he's got 6 fouls he can use up in the first quarter trying to draw 2 on boozer. I think Mihm is up to it, and might just get a few easy baskets as well. The second Boozer leaves with his second foul, insert Gasol and play normal. Gasol just has trouble operating against Boozer and this would be a simple solution. I' favor Mihm over MBenga because he can post up on Boozer and draw him out a bit thus increasing the chances of a foul. Mbenga can't do this since his offensive game is ONLY at th rim.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
limchrc
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 12:17 am    Post subject:

We need to attack the Jazz bigs and get them into foul trouble.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 1:23 am    Post subject:

Length bothers Boozer. I wouldn't mind seeing Mihm or DJ guard him for short stints. I think Boozer abuses Ronny. But Ronny is so solid protecting the paint from guard penetration. We just need to read the game and adjust the lineups accordingly.

Oh and we gotta quit with those TO's... ugh.
osj
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 1:32 am    Post subject:

Turiaf was excellent in the spells he played in game 3. But I think we are better off holding him in reserve off the bench. However, Mbenga should get some PT, simply to give Pau some breaks to regroup mentally and physically during the game. Mbenga just has to make sure that he doesn't give up any easy baskets on defence, even if he has to foul. 6-10 good minutes from DJ would be invaluable, also allowing us to preserve Turiaf's effectiveness to critical spurts.
ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 1:56 am    Post subject:

no need to change the starting five, just lessen the turnover , be more quicker on covering their spot up shooter and also be quicker on covering up the driving lane when someone is trying to slash in the basketball. Having radma in the starting five has some advantages, with his outside shooting, it opens up the middle for the lakers.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 4:52 am    Post subject:

We do need to start playing Mbenga though. He literally hasn't seen a second of action in this series.
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: Game 4 Adjustment - Start Turiaf!

Okur overpowers Pau in the post.
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 5:59 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
We do need to start playing Mbenga though. He literally hasn't seen a second of action in this series.

I agree, I'd like to see what he can do.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: