Paula Pierce shows up on Kimmel with a wheelchair

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakersRBack21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:04 am    Post subject: Paula Pierce shows up on Kimmel with a wheelchair

Im sorry for those who think its too painful to watch.

But this fool is now mocking us. By the way, this is what makes LA people sooo freaking soft. I would be booing that fool . Look at them cheer for him.

Disgusting.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:14 am    Post subject:

Wow. I just youtubed it. Bleep Pierce. I cant believe he actually came out on a wheelchair, thats ridiculous.
Split
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:02 am    Post subject:

B*tch ass faker.
Andrew Evenstar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:53 am    Post subject:

Are you F'ing serious. Who does that. What a loser.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject:

I just saw it on Youtube, Paul Pierce is such a loser... He acts like the injury is serious, and he mocks us by showing up in a WheelChair? I noticed his MVP trophy was kind of close to the table, I wish Kimmel would have accidentally knocked it over and broken it. That would have been priceless... I liked how Jimmy asked him if he was going to take acting classes, and then compared him to Bennedict Arnold, though. Pierce is stunted for saying ''It's like going from one gang to another.''

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject:

I actually predicted he would do this.
Variant
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject:

Uh, guys... he's just making light of the situation... poking fun at himself for the "overreaction". How is this a slight to LA?

Ya'll are way too sensitive.
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject:

So I take he hasn't had an MRI yet, even though he said he would after the season was over? And he hasn't gotten surgery, even though many proclaimed that surgery was needed?
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:51 am    Post subject:

Variant wrote:
Uh, guys... he's just making light of the situation... poking fun at himself for the "overreaction". How is this a slight to LA?

My guess is considering all the drama queen antics and the comparisons to Willis Reed. It would be considered rather insulting after all that and given how there are players who suffered far worse injuries and took it better than he did(see Shaun Livingston) to come out in a wheelchair and milk it for all its worth even if it is not serious.

That being said if it wasn't serious I hope Willis Reed hunts him down and (bleep) him for having their names share the same sentence.

Rest assured they will repeat this episode on Kimmel this Independence Day.

Last edited by Basketball Fan on Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject:

24KaratGold wrote:
So I take he hasn't had an MRI yet, even though he said he would after the season was over? And he hasn't gotten surgery, even though many proclaimed that surgery was needed?

Pretty much and he won't be called out on it.
Variant
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Variant wrote:

My guess is considering all the drama queen antics and the comparisons to Willis Reed. It would be considered rather insulting after all that and given how there are players who suffered far worse injuries and took it better than he did(see Shaun Livingston) to come out in a wheelchair and milk it for all its worth even if it is not serious.

That being said if it wasn't serious I hope Willis Reed hunts him down and (bleep) him for having their names share the same sentence.

You all act like it was some pre-meditated thing... in the heat of the moment if you get a knee injury that hurts like hell you're going to be really concerned... why NOT use a wheelchair to get back to the locker room? Seriously, why not? What does it hurt?

Maybe it was more than was called from from a necessity point of view, and I think that's what Paul is making fun of by using a wheelchair on the Kimmel show...

Seriously, the ONLY thing using a wheelchair during the game accomplished for him was being extra careful about a knee injury of unknown severity. It also resulted in a lot of ridicule for the guy not just from Laker fans....

Sorry to inject a little sanity into this, but you all just need to take a chill pill if this wheelchair thing is seriously pissing you off THAT much.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject:

Variant wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Variant wrote:

You all act like it was some pre-meditated thing... in the heat of the moment if you get a knee injury that hurts like hell you're going to be really concerned... why NOT use a wheelchair to get back to the locker room? Seriously, why not? What does it hurt?

Maybe it was more than was called from from a necessity point of view, and I think that's what Paul is making fun of by using a wheelchair on the Kimmel show...

Seriously, the ONLY thing using a wheelchair during the game accomplished for him was being extra careful about a knee injury of unknown severity. It also resulted in a lot of ridicule for the guy not just from Laker fans....

Sorry to inject a little sanity into this, but you all just need to take a chill pill if this wheelchair thing is seriously pissing you off THAT much.

For his appearance on Kimmel I think it was pre-meditated. Now on the court? Yeah you should be cautious but the fact he had to be carried out and then minutes later goes back without so much as a limp. Notice how he hasn't gone for an MRI or any surgery? Why is that?

Folks dogged Wade for using a wheelchair as well. Notice how nobody dogged Shaun Livingston for it is because he had a horrific knee injury and didn't resort to theatrics.

For someone who's so "tough" like Pierce its just laughable he was a drama queen about it.

Its insulting to real warriors like Willis Reed.
LakersRBack21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject:

Here it is.
alwayslakers08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject:

that piece of (bleep)

GO LAKERS
Inglewood_Laker Fan_310
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject:

What happened to his MRI??????
What A LAIR!!!!!!!!!
"I'm the Ali of today. I'm the Marvin Gaye of today. I'm the Bob Marley of today. I'm the Martin Luther King, or all the other greats that have come before us. And a lot of people are starting to realize that now." - R. Kelly
Lakers82Fan23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Who the hell cares if he did fake it? I doubt he did, but really, who gives a crap? Whatever he did, it worked. You do what it takes to win.

The fans went crazy, Boston got all the momentum they needed, and Kobe got too confused by the whole situation he left Pierce wide open for 2 three-pointers that inevitably won Boston the game, and turned the tide for the whole series.

That moment WON Boston the title essentially. If we had stolen Game 1, Lakers win the championship. Instead, Boston gets all the momentum they need to maintain home-court and steal one from us at home. Series over. Score one for Pierce and the Celtics.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject:

Lakers82Fan23 wrote:
Who the hell cares if he did fake it? I doubt he did, but really, who gives a crap? Whatever he did, it worked. You do what it takes to win.

The fans went crazy, Boston got all the momentum they needed, and Kobe got too confused by the whole situation he left Pierce wide open for 2 three-pointers that inevitably won Boston the game, and turned the tide for the whole series.

That moment WON Boston the title essentially. If we had stolen Game 1, Lakers win the championship. Instead, Boston gets all the momentum they need to maintain home-court and steal one from us at home. Series over. Score one for Pierce and the Celtics.

For me its the fact he was being compared to Willis Reed of all people over it. And well its obvious it wasn't serious with this chump. Its insulting to compare Pierce with a real b-ball warrior.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject:

Good job by Kimmel. Comparing Pierce to other traitors throughout history. Asking him if he is going to continue taking acting lessons now that he's back in LA after showing the clip of him being wheeled off the court and then returning 2 minutes later. It was decent.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Variant wrote:

I agree, I thought it was funny.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:

For me its the fact he was being compared to Willis Reed of all people over it. And well its obvious it wasn't serious with this chump. Its insulting to compare Pierce with a real b-ball warrior.

Then don't.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Then don't.

Then don't what? First off this is a MB so if folks want to vent they should be able to.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject:

I meant that if you don't want to compare Pierce with Reed, then don''t. You were the only one here who mentioned that.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: