The Goodbye Ronny Turiaf Thread (ESPN - LA Doesn't Match, Turiaf a Warrior, p. 47)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakersalltheway17
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:52 am    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
Good for Ronny. If he can't stick here, I hope he goes to a situation that is good for him.

And Utah is perfect for Ronny...

he is but heres the thing, would you rather not help a rivial and keep him, or image how much he would be such a great fit and how much he would help are rivial. the choice is yours...
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:57 am    Post subject:

Lakersalltheway17 wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
Good for Ronny. If he can't stick here, I hope he goes to a situation that is good for him.

he is but heres the thing, would you rather not help a rivial and keep him, or image how much he would be such a great fit and how much he would help are rivial. the choice is yours...

If Ronny accepts 3 years, $6MM deal (roughly $2MM per) from us - then fine. IMHO, the Lakers simply talked wih both Ronny and Sasha and told them to gage their value around the league, so they don't feel lowballed by the Lakers. In any case, the Lakers have "the right of first refusal". Not to worry, my Laker fans brothers and sisters...
Lakersalltheway17
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject:

golakersgo121 wrote:
Lakersalltheway17 wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:

If Ronny accepts 3 years, $6MM deal (roughly $2MM per) from us - then fine. IMHO, the Lakers simply talked wih both Ronny and Sasha and told them to gage their value around the league, so they don't feel lowballed by the Lakers. In any case, the Lakers have "the right of first refusal". Not to worry, my Laker fans brothers and sisters...

well thats......intresting...
AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject:

Don't get all the Ronny hate, if he plays the 4 he's a benefit to have on this team. Can knock down a mid range shot, good hands, good shot blocker energy, hustle. Don't get all the Kwame love, did I watch most games as some Lakers fan on this board. Kwame, soft mentally, can't catch, can't shoot, so so defender often injured and some want him back on this team. Man I don't get it.
cirehawk
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:13 am    Post subject:

Caron1 wrote:
KOBE 2.0 wrote:
Tinybus... you also have to factor in.. will he want to be back after he witnessed half of the Laker crowd booing like a midnight hour of a forest when ghosts boo at there own curiosity?

Either a brilliant metaphor I can't quite comprehend, or more weird, nonsensical drivel.

If I had to bet on it, I'd say the latter option is most accurate.
Futuristic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: Utah contacts Ronny to begin talks

KOBE 2.0 wrote:

Please overpay him Connor.. you will be my hero.. goodbye Ronny.

Why are you hating on Turiaf so much? Is it because he's not Kobe? Do you hate on everybody not name Kobe?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TNLakersFanInLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Utah contacts Ronny to begin talks

Futuristic wrote:
KOBE 2.0 wrote:

Why are you hating on Turiaf so much? Is it because he's not Kobe? Do you hate on everybody not name Kobe?

He likes Ariza.
Monta Ellis: "Kobe is #1, I'm #2, LeBron is #3."
DrumR
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject:

JD wrote:
KOBE 2.0 wrote:
Tinybus... you also have to factor in.. will he want to be back after he witnessed half of the Laker crowd booing like a midnight hour of a forest when ghosts boo at there own curiosity?

What?

Quite possible the worse metaphor ever.
DrumR
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:08 am    Post subject:

The only way we lose Ronny is if a team overpays IMO. He's shown the potential to play elite bigs very well. I think I've seen him cleanly 1 on 1 block every elite big in the league at least once. Especially Duncan. He blocked him at least once every game he got to cover him.

Plus hes our only playoff ejection on a team where everyone claims softness to be a premium AND he's Kobe's friend on this roster.
Walter Sobchak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject:

DrumR wrote:
JD wrote:
KOBE 2.0 wrote:

What?

Agreed, I can't make heads or tails out of that. I'm totally at a loss for what he is even trying to say

Just a reminder folks: "a lot" is two words. So is "no one".
10scott10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Utah contacts Ronny to begin talks

Lakersalltheway17 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Lakersalltheway17 wrote:
KOBE 2.0 wrote:
Quote:
The Jazz contacted agent Mark Bartelstein about L.A. Lakers forward Ronny Turiaf

Bartelstein added that he was planning to talk with O'Connor later Tuesday.

LINK

why? ronny is like kobe's best friend. and he brings a lot of energy on the bench. plus hes a good defender. and has improved a little on offence. ronny just stay here

1. Ronny doesn't rebound
2. Ronny would rather pass out of the post than make a strong move
3. Ronny's too small to play C

1. your high
2. thats because thats not his thing. he just shoots the mid jay. but your right he should do that more.
3. ben wallace is a 6'9 center. barkley was a 6'4 PF. the hieght doesen't mean sh**.

1. no he isn't. he had a total of 3 rebounds during the entire finals. his rebounding has sucked this season.
2. he has seemed to get weaker this season, and isn't taking hard to the hole.
3. well he is. he isn't even 6'9, but doesn't have the wingspan or hops to make up for it.
KOBE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject:

The only thing Ronny brings is energy and he doesn't even bring it to games on most occasions hes a cheerleader.
Kobi-wan-kenobi
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject:

I would rather have Ronny than Kwame... But thats not saying much.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject:

Walter Sobchak wrote:
DrumR wrote:
JD wrote:
KOBE 2.0 wrote:

What?

Agreed, I can't make heads or tails out of that. I'm totally at a loss for what he is even trying to say

Thats either way too deep or out of a Harry Potter book.
All_Star_Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:01 am    Post subject:

JD wrote:
KOBE 2.0 wrote:

What?

Kobe 2.0, are you drinking?
KOBE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject:

Yes, it's summer we all drink.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject:

Walter Sobchak wrote:
DrumR wrote:
JD wrote:
KOBE 2.0 wrote:

What?

Just what I needed to start my day off right. Maybe ghosts come out at mighnight? and go boo? In the woods? At a tv set watching re-plays of old Kwame games? ..............Anyhow, I sure Kame remembers the boos very well.
LakersInFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject:

LMAO [ at ] JD's response.
"It’s like going to the Getty and standing in front of Van Gogh’s Irises while some schmuck next to you critiques individual brush strokes. Just shut up already. The more you talk, the more you embarrass yourself."
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject:

golakersgo121 wrote:
Lakersalltheway17 wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:

Sorry, but it's time to panic.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to light myself on fire and go for a nice jog down the 110.
Laker Lurker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject:

X56 wrote:
The Jazz hmmm, i actually prefer Milsap than Ronny

Ronny was misused by the lakers - playing C out of position and with back to the basket plus having to facilitate the triangle. He did ok against most centers. Playin C and back to the basket , he couldn't focus on his J

With the Jazz playing PF backing up Boozer and with D Williams at PG and Okur at C and Ak47 ar SF - Ronny would have a chance to show why he was the WCF player of the year.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:58 am    Post subject:

Laker Lurker wrote:
X56 wrote:

Ronny was misused by the lakers - playing C out of position and with back to the basket plus having to facilitate the triangle. He did ok against most centers. Playin C and back to the basket , he couldn't focus on his J

With the Jazz playing PF backing up Boozer and with D Williams at PG and Okur at C and Ak47 ar SF - Ronny would have a chance to show why he was the WCF player of the year.

^yep. and watch him explode because of it. with a true pg on your team setting you up. and a team that isn't so perimeter heavy like the lakers. on top of the fact utah plays hard, just like ronny. so ronny getting into his usual foul trouble wont be an issue if this is how his entire team plays. the refs will write it off. he will end up being some great role player you wish you knew how to use correctly.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:00 am    Post subject:

Let's sign and trade him for Milsap, problem solved.
Edienstag
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Utah contacts Ronny to begin talks

Dr. Laker wrote:
Lakersalltheway17 wrote:
KOBE 2.0 wrote:
Quote:
The Jazz contacted agent Mark Bartelstein about L.A. Lakers forward Ronny Turiaf

LINK

why? ronny is like kobe's best friend. and he brings a lot of energy on the bench. plus hes a good defender. and has improved a little on offence. ronny just stay here

1. Ronny doesn't rebound

1. I'm sorry, when did Kwame become Michael Cage? Last time I checked nobody ever mistook Kwame for a being a great rebounder.

2. Kwame has the court sense and intelligence of a plastic seat in Staples. Do you think it's a coincidence how much more fluid the Triangle is without Kwame involved in it? He's as dumb as a bag of coal, sorry, but it's the truth.

3.Give me someone who is smaller and plays his butt off all the while playing for 70+ games per season. I have no interest in someone taller who doesn't give it his best and is always too injured to play this great defense that he allegedly plays. Seriously, what does it matter what kind of defense Kwame can play when he's either injured on the sidelines or being a complete liability on offense? Think about it. You think the Celtics were playing off the other Lakers to triple team Kobe in the Finals with the team we had out there? Put Kwame on the floor. The only way KG would know where he was was if Kwame had a giant blinking neon light on his head.

We would be much worse off having Kwame over Turiaf.
AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
Laker Lurker wrote:
X56 wrote:

^yep. and watch him explode because of it. with a true pg on your team setting you up. and a team that isn't so perimeter heavy like the lakers. on top of the fact utah plays hard, just like ronny. so ronny getting into his usual foul trouble wont be an issue if this is how his entire team plays. the refs will write it off. he will end up being some great role player you wish you knew how to use correctly.

I agree PnP and Laker Lurker. If he goes to Utah and does great, he's going to get alot of hate on this board which will be unwarranted. He's a good player, use Ronny the right way and he'll be solid; always out of position with us which kind of hindered him and some funky rotation stuff from the coach also.
Lakersalltheway17
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Utah contacts Ronny to begin talks

10scott10 wrote:
Lakersalltheway17 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Lakersalltheway17 wrote:
KOBE 2.0 wrote:
Quote:

LINK

1. Ronny doesn't rebound

1. your high
2. thats because thats not his thing. he just shoots the mid jay. but your right he should do that more.
3. ben wallace is a 6'9 center. barkley was a 6'4 PF. the hieght doesen't mean sh**.

1. no he isn't. he had a total of 3 rebounds during the entire finals. his rebounding has sucked this season.
2. he has seemed to get weaker this season, and isn't taking hard to the hole.
3. well he is. he isn't even 6'9, but doesn't have the wingspan or hops to make up for it.

1. everybody sucked in the finals, whats the point?
2. hmmm, i did not really see him get weaker but i think he might be a little more agressive.
3. wtf? he is 6'9? and your high.

p.s. you even have ronny as your avatar, why are you hateing him?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 3 of 60
Jump to: