Floyd Mayweather calls HBO's Jim Lampley a racist

View previous topic :: View next topic  
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Floyd Mayweather calls HBO's Jim Lampley a racist

LINK

Quote:
Floyd Mayweather did an interview with boxingscene.com and had this to say about HBO commentator Jim Lampley.

Excerpts from the interview:

"Even a guy like Jim Lampley, he praises Kelly Pavlik -- who has won some good fights, he beat Jermain Taylor twice, we have to give him credit for that -- but they talk about Kelly Pavlik, a white fighter, like he's the second coming. Or they go crazy over Manny Pacquiao. But I'm a black fighter. Is it racial? Absolutely. They praise white fighters, they praise Hispanic fighters, whatever. But black fighters, they never praise.

I've noticed it for a long time but I couldn't say anything because I had to do business with them. I'll still do business with them, but I'm done holding my tongue. I think HBO is great. But their announcers are full of (crap)."

"I've seen Jim Lampley in the same strip club as me before. They always want to talk about me going to strip clubs, but they don't want to talk about that. He caught a court case himself, too. But when they catch a case, all they do is take them off the air a couple weeks, then it's over."

On whether he’s going to come out of retirement:

"I'm through … Once I tell people I'm through, I'm through. And if I did want to come back, I was going to make, what, $50 million (for the De La Hoya rematch)?

You know what, don't call my phone unless you've got $100 million. I was truly, truly blessed to have good people around me and I was smart during my career. "I made great investments. By the end of this year, I should be a billionaire."
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Mayweather should just fight De La Hoya again. They had the whole thing set up and then he comes up with this retirement excuse... I call it BS!

No comment on the racism accusations. If they praise a latino, there's no reason why they wouldnt praise a black fighter.

They dont badmouth you because of your color Floyd, they do it because you're an arrogant SOB that noone likes.
TNLakersFanInLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:
Mayweather should just fight De La Hoya again. They had the whole thing set up and then he comes up with this retirement excuse... I call it BS!

No comment on the racism accusations. If they praise a latino, there's no reason why they wouldnt praise a black fighter.

They dont badmouth you because of your color Floyd, they do it because you're an arrogant SOB that noone likes.

YYYEEEEAAAAAA
Monta Ellis: "Kobe is #1, I'm #2, LeBron is #3."
Triumph
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject:

I don't know about the racist part, but Jim Lampley is a douche.

BTW Floyd, Pacquiao is not a Hispanic fighter.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject:

Mayweatha caught feelings from Jim Lampley. What kind of thug 4 lyfe is he, anyway?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: