Andrew Bynum : 290lbs with 9% body fat???? WOW!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
10scott10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject:

FreakofNature wrote:
I am a fitness freak....Hence the name freak of nature... I weigh 235 pounds and stand 6-3 in height. Sculpting my body is a way of life for me. I keep my body fat at a "everyday life comfort zone of 5%....

Bynum at 9% body fat is a guy that can show the very beginnings of some ab's popping through as long as he has given his abs some work growth wise. 9% for him is impressive.

Basically if Bynum were 5 inchs taller like Yao he would weigh about 330. 8 pounds per inch is a safe estimate.....If Yao is in fact 10% body fat this would suggest Bynum has about 20 to 25 more pounds of muscle than Yao. But you always have to consider bone density too.....

I am not so sure of this,as Yao has tree trunks for legs. But.....Bynum may have grown more since we last saw him too?

He should lift heavy these next couple months,pack on a nice 10 pounds of lean muscle weight,lose another 10 pounds while doing so,get his body fat down to 7%.

Practice that sky hook and the other half of the time imitate the "old Shaq" and rip down the rims....

they changed the style about 15 seasons ago casue shaq broke so many rims.

worst come to worst, the rims breakaway from the basket, rather than having glass fly everywhere.
NatureBoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:46 pm    Post subject:

Bynum has been busy with the Hotlanta babes

the best exercise is sex

Andrew's glutes, quads, and hamstrings are going to be more ripped than ever.

Talk about also working on leg/base strength... Drew is a genius!

Last edited by NatureBoy on Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
10scott10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject:

NatureBoy wrote:
Bynum has been busy with the Hotlanta babes

the best exercise is sex

that is one of the funnier things i have seen posted here in a while
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject:

10scott10 wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:
I am a fitness freak....Hence the name freak of nature... I weigh 235 pounds and stand 6-3 in height. Sculpting my body is a way of life for me. I keep my body fat at a "everyday life comfort zone of 5%....

Bynum at 9% body fat is a guy that can show the very beginnings of some ab's popping through as long as he has given his abs some work growth wise. 9% for him is impressive.

Basically if Bynum were 5 inchs taller like Yao he would weigh about 330. 8 pounds per inch is a safe estimate.....If Yao is in fact 10% body fat this would suggest Bynum has about 20 to 25 more pounds of muscle than Yao. But you always have to consider bone density too.....

I am not so sure of this,as Yao has tree trunks for legs. But.....Bynum may have grown more since we last saw him too?

He should lift heavy these next couple months,pack on a nice 10 pounds of lean muscle weight,lose another 10 pounds while doing so,get his body fat down to 7%.

Practice that sky hook and the other half of the time imitate the "old Shaq" and rip down the rims....

they changed the style about 15 seasons ago casue shaq broke so many rims.

worst come to worst, the rims breakaway from the basket, rather than having glass fly everywhere.

Yup I know,but what I meant was "go strong to the cup" and rattle the rims as much as they allow you to these days....
Kool-Aide
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:09 am    Post subject:

Well LeBron is 260 pounds with 6% body fat so
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:24 am    Post subject:

Wow! 290 pounds sounds kind of heavy for his thin frame. But I guess we'll have to wait and see.
king255
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:26 am    Post subject:

If Shaq was at 12% pre-drafted, then that's great news for Bynum. Shaq was clearly "fatter" during his Lakers days(though it's truely frightening that a guy that big and athletic could be at 12% body fat. One can only imagine what he could have accomplished, if he was able to lower it down to 4%).

In other words, one can reasonably project Bynum at 5-6% would be as least as athletic as Shaq in his Lakers days(if he's not already), which means at least 25 and 12 production. Even though Shaq is slightly taller, Bynum has a higher standing reach. Shaq is quicker, but Bynum has a better shooting touch. Take all that into account, then to me, Bynum should at least be able to slightly outproduce Shaq's Lakers production, by keeping himself in tip-top shape.

Finally, assuming Shaq's body fat was at 14-15% in his Lakers days, then it seems to me that Bynum's body fat has to be a good 9-10% lower than Shaq's for him to be as athletic. I'm guessing this difference is due to their fast-twitch muscles composition. Slow-twitch muscles is not all bad however. It gives you more endurance, so assuming that Bynum is able to reduce his body fat to where he's made up the difference in the fast-twitch muscles department, then the slow-twitch muscles SHOULD now come into play and allow him to be able to play longer than Shaq(and we've already seen shades of that last season. Remember the Phoenix game where Bynum said he felt like he could play another game?), unless there are some other variables affecting athleticism that I haven't been able to observe.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:45 am    Post subject:

Kool-Aide wrote:
Well LeBron is 260 pounds with 6% body fat so

no he is not....these numbers that athletes and celebrities throw around about body fat % are such bs. Elite bodybuilders usually go on stage between 5%-7%, and they can only remain that low for a limited number of days without risking their life (body needs for fat to function). Bynum is not 9%, Lebron is not 6%....unless you think he is more lean than the guy in the picture below at 7%.

7% - 10% - 14% Pic

btw, it would require true tortured prisoner camp or an assortment of drugs to get in that 4% to 7% range for 99.9% of the population.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:01 am    Post subject:

PrplReign wrote:
LMAo at Karl Malone claiming to have only 4% body fat. Anorexics aren't that low and they are a bit more cut than Malone was.

Most of his organs would have began to shut down....and that would be before actually tried to do physical exercise
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:29 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
PrplReign wrote:
LMAo at Karl Malone claiming to have only 4% body fat. Anorexics aren't that low and they are a bit more cut than Malone was.

Most of his organs would have began to shut down....and that would be before actually tried to do physical exercise

My friend, you are replying to an 8 year old thread
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:29 am    Post subject:

Just curious, but why does this even matter???
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:34 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
adkindo wrote:
PrplReign wrote:

My friend, you are replying to an 8 year old thread

Yeah, the joke is definitely on me....how can a thread be brought back from that way back?
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:37 am    Post subject:

5 pages for this bum of a player? Hilarious.

Doesn't matter the shape he's in, he still never gave a crap about the game or getting better and worse, his knees are made of glass.

Any team even considering him is stupid.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: