In Honor of Emplay -- Who is it going to be?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is it going to be?
Barry!
4%
 4%  [ 12 ]
Rose!
34%
 34%  [ 102 ]
Curry!
18%
 18%  [ 56 ]
KG! (ha ha ha)
21%
 21%  [ 63 ]
Other player. I dont know who!
21%
 21%  [ 63 ]
Total Votes : 296

Panthera
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject:

TheQuestForSeventeen wrote:
Funkee wrote:
I believe that Emplay and Lionel would sound a lil bit more excited if it was Curry.
Nah, it's not Curry.

I dunno, I think Curry definitely falls under the "genius or fool" category, especially after what happened (sadly) to Turiaf. If Curry ends up not being able to play because of his condition, Mitch will be run out of town, but if he does, it should seriously improve this team.

Also, I don't know if ever seen Lionel get all that excited about anything, trade-wise.

Well, yeah Curry for Mihm is a risky trade but it's obvious that Curry is a superior player to Mihm.

If that trade was on the table, we'd have to risk it.
Curry's just too good to pass on.

I'm thinking about the trades in the lines of Bender-Pollard for Mihm-Vlade-George.

Remember, Lionel said that both Kupchak and Phil are crazy about Bender and are still trying to get him..

Now that would be a "genius or a fool" type of a trade IMO.

Why genius?

2007 plan is still on
Bender can bloosom into a good player
Depth
Extra roster space

Why fool?

Although Mihm is probably not a starting caliber, he's a serivacable center.
Would it be smart to trade him for Bender and a washed up backup center?

Perhaps Phil would use Odom-Bender-Kwame at the same time. Now that's some crazy length and athleticism there..

I dunno, I was thinking about this kinda trade..

You know Mitch, he rarely makes obvious moves and often a lot of people don't like his moves.
startrex
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Funkee wrote:
Funkee wrote:
I believe that Emplay and Lionel would sound a lil bit more excited if it was Curry.
Nah, it's not Curry.

I dunno, I think Curry definitely falls under the "genius or fool" category, especially after what happened (sadly) to Turiaf. If Curry ends up not being able to play because of his condition, Mitch will be run out of town, but if he does, it should seriously improve this team.

Also, I don't know if ever seen Lionel get all that excited about anything, trade-wise.

Well, yeah Curry for Mihm is a risky trade but it's obvious that Curry is a superior player to Mihm.

I'm thinking about the trades in the lines of Bender-Pollard for Mihm-Vlade-George.

Remember, Lionel said that both Kupchak and Phil are crazy about Bender and are still trying to get him..

Why genius?

2007 plan is still on
Depth
Extra roster space

Why fool?

Perhaps Phil would use Odom-Bender-Kwame at the same time. Now that's some crazy length and athleticism there..

You know Mitch, he rarely makes obvious moves and often a lot of people don't like his moves.

OKay I am going crazy. I know we have talked a lot about 2007 plan.
Can the 2007 be actually a smokescreen to make other teams into thinking we won't be after a power player Like KG or Chandler?

Yeah... man... anything is not so far-fetched now... 8)
Panthera
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject:

^ No, 2007 is not a smokescreen.
Shapecity
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject:

I'm going to guess a deal with the Blazers. They have pieces we want, and we have expiring contracts they need.

Jack & Reuben for George & Slava ?

Not sure if this falls under Emplay's definition of "genius or fool," since it's no big names or players with upside are involved.

Bender is a solid choice, maybe the Lakers can squeeze Anthony Johnson out of the deal as well.

I'm just glad to hear something is finally brewing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject:

we are going to get rose,i really dont see us trading for a starting big when we dont have a pg,so i think its george,divac,slava for rose,or something similar so salaries matches
datniggbstyle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject:

lakeshow03 wrote:
we are going to get rose,i really dont see us trading for a starting big when we dont have a pg,so i think its george,divac,slava for rose,or something similar so salaries matches

there is no genius or stupidity invovled in that. That is pretty clear cut and dry a Win for the Lakers.

Trading for Curry who has issues on the court and off the court is a pretty huge risk and reward factor. especially if it includes mihm and multiple draft picks.

Your deal for rose has no risk involved for the lakers unless they are giving away first round picks and even then i dont see that as being foolish. Trading away your starting center and some picks for a center with as much upside AND downside as curry is either genius or foolery. think about it. How is getting rid of divac, slava and george, three players that didnt even play last year for Rose foolish.
kups
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject:

snipped from emplay's post:
- I've said this numerous times - Mitch is either a genius or a fool.

snipped from Lionel's post:
- Well, that's hard to say. Usually on the board no matter what happens some people are happy and some don't like it. It's not a bad trade IMO.

^ Trade might involve some risk - Curry.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Funkee wrote:
Funkee wrote:
Nah, it's not Curry.

Why genius?

2007 plan is still on
Depth
Extra roster space

Why fool?

You hit the nail on the head with the "rarely makes obvious moves" remark, but I don't quite agree with your "genius" end of that deal. Trading your starting center, your most valuable expiring k, and a backup for swingman for a backup forward and backup big man does qualify as genius in any way. Bender would have to come up huge to make that an even trade, much less genius. This is what our roster would look like in such a scenario:

C: Pollard, Bynum
PF: Brown, Bender, Cook, Slava
SF: Odom, Bender/Jones, Walton
SG: Kobe, Wafer
PG: ?, Parker, Vujacic

Even if we acquired Anderson and/or McKie, we would have an even larger hole in the middle than we already do. Depth is something that can be acquired with LLE's, MLE's, and vet minimum contracts, but you don't give up a starter to do so. If we wanted to keep the 2007 plan intact we could still do that with someone like Rose or Curry, or even standing pat. The Bender deal that you mentioned wouldn't change anything one way or another. Also, with rosters being increased to 14, I don't think that roster space would be a problem.

Odom-Bender-Kwame would be an interesting lineup for short periods of time, but anyone with a decent low post threat (i.e. most of the Western Conference) would kill us if we used it more than sparingly.
startrex
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject:

kups wrote:
snipped from emplay's post:
- I've said this numerous times - Mitch is either a genius or a fool.

snipped from Lionel's post:
- Well, that's hard to say. Usually on the board no matter what happens some people are happy and some don't like it. It's not a bad trade IMO.

^ Trade might involve some risk - Curry.

The difference is Lionel's hint is a compromise, middle road while Emplay's totally Either a fool OR a genius, no middle ground between fool and genius.

Aha! Keep guessing.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Showtime_32 wrote:
Chandler

Chandler Bing?
Black Sheep
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Rose
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject:

I haven't had a chance to read much of the postings today - but what I specifically meant was Mitch is either foolish for waiting and waiting for the perfect player - and ends up just blowing the next 2 years while LA waits for cap space.

OR

He's a genius who played the right kind of poker and manages to put together a really exciting team for the next 2 years - who may not win it all - but will be fun to watch and competitive (a la the pre-Shaq era 90's Lakers).
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject:

I'm inclined to believe it involves an EC team, so from the list it could be either Rose or Curry...
Charles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject:

How soon is soon?
startrex
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject:

emplay wrote:
I haven't had a chance to read much of the postings today - but what I specifically meant was Mitch is either foolish for waiting and waiting for the perfect player - and ends up just blowing the next 2 years while LA waits for cap space.

OR

He's a genius who played the right kind of poker and manages to put together a really exciting team for the next 2 years - who may not win it all - but will be fun to watch and competitive (a la the pre-Shaq era 90's Lakers).

WEll folks... it's clear now about Fool Vs. Genius.
Man... I ( and many others) have been way off by three miles in terms of intepreting what the fool vs. genius might be!!
Star
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject:

emplay wrote:

OR

Oh the plot thickens!!
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject:

emplay wrote:

OR

With his Buddhist-like answers, I've always suspected that emplay is actually Phil Jackson.
startrex
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Mark Hurlbarf, Esq. wrote:
emplay wrote:

OR

With his Buddhist-like answers, I've always suspected that emplay is actually Phil Jackson.

And then the thought of Phil is about to have a baby named Maya killed your Buddhist-like guess instantly.
jmac78
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Showtime_32 wrote:
Chandler

Chandler Bing?

You mean "Chanandler Bong."

Anyways, I hope that it's Chandler. I'd much rather have him than Curry.
startrex
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Man... I guess KG has been seriously taken here. A real surprise to me as the intial option on KG was meant to be a joke. After all, some still think that despite the high regard Phil has had on Odom, any player other than Kobe is subject to trade.

I remember a spurs fan named his son something like Parker Duncan Ginobli Lastname. I know that emplay would name Jalen for a son. I just wonder what lionel would name a son. Any clue? I am sure it wouldn't be KG Rose Chandler Lionel.
MikanJordan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject:

This has nothing to do with the topic, but as a litigation lawyer who followed the Kobe case closely, I had a huge laugh out loud at the poster named "Mark Hurlbarf." That is absolute genius, my friend. That's why I love this site. You get great b-ball talk and truly, truly hilarious asides as well.
startrex
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Caron1 wrote:
Kobe Jocker wrote:
What number should KG wear when he's traded to the Lakers?

Joking aside,

DID MITCH ONCE SAY SOMETHING ABOUT A DISGRUNTLED STAR WHO MISSED THE PLAYOFFS LAST YEAR?

Joking aside,

DID KOBE ALSO INDICATE ONE TIME THAT LAKERS WERE GETTING A POWER PLAYER?

I just got goose bumps...
Kwame54Brown
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject:

probably a big trade for ... slava george walton for Jalen Rose... and Mihm and someone else for curry and jay williams
Serious NBA Fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Its Magloire and Brown for Mihm, Vlade, George and Cook. So far, the Lakers wouldn't give up mihm as part of the trade. I guess they changed their minds.

BTW, this is only my speculation, BUT its based on the following:

The player(s) received had to have 07 contracts
The deal must have been in the works for a while waiting for one side to run ouf options and pay the other team's price.
No way chicago gives up Tyson and we don't want curry for more than 2 years

With DA and McKie at guards, it would be NICE!
vicman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject:

yeah but ho does not like that. i mean that is early christmas. i mean come to think of it some people on the site find fault with every player. but seriously that would be awesome i could deal with that
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: