Centers of the future POLL.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which current young centers will have the biggest impact in the NBA over the next 10 years.imp
Andrew Bynum
54%
 54%  [ 92 ]
Dwight Howard
35%
 35%  [ 60 ]
Tyson Chandler
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Greg Oden
9%
 9%  [ 16 ]
Other
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 170

LakerJake
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Centers of the future POLL.

Which current young centers will have the biggest impact in the NBA over the next 10 years.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject:

Andrew Bynum at #1 with D. Howard coming in as #1b.
lakers jg
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject:

I say Bynum, runner up is D Howard.
Oden reminds me of Ewing, personal opinion.
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Great just hwat we need in LG, another poll

but of course i have to say Andrew. Tyson is hwere he can be already. Dwight is as good as he can be already. So taht leaves us to Drew and Greg. Oden looks injury prone so I say Drew.

MOst Poewerful though goes to Dwight
LakerJake
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject:

lakers jg wrote:

Oden reminds me of Michael Olowokandi.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject:

KBandKB wrote:

Polls aren't a problem . . . only the ones where team bias is clearly going to rule the day - making them essentially meaningless.
DoubleClutch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject:

LakerJake wrote:
lakers jg wrote:

Nah, Kandi never really wanted to play basketball. He was just big so he figured he'd make some cash. Oden seems to at least enjoy the game, and probably wants to get better.

I have a feeling Drew will consistently own everyone on that list for the next 10 years.
LakerJake
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject:

DoubleClutch wrote:
LakerJake wrote:
lakers jg wrote:

Nah, Kandi never really wanted to play basketball. He was just big so he figured he'd make some cash. Oden seems to at least enjoy the game, and probably wants to get better.

I have a feeling Drew will consistently own everyone on that list for the next 10 years.

I agree about Andrew owning everyone eventually. What i meant about Oden reminding me of Michael Olowokandi was the way he plays and he's a hyped up #1 pick and nothing more. Andrew averaged a double double in an actual NBA season and Oden couldn't even do that in summer league.

Can't wait to see Andrew go up against Dwight though!
D Nice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject:

I think Andrew ends up the better player, but his impact on the team won't match Dwight. Why? Because Andrew is going to be #2 for a loooooooong time. Dwight will, almost without question, always be the man on his team.

Next 5 years? Howard. After that? Drew.

at Tyson Chandler even being a poll option. He's good, but he doesn't have the offensive game to even touch the other guys - he's almost maxed out.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject:

:rolleyes:
APeeler
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject:

DoubleClutch wrote:
LakerJake wrote:
lakers jg wrote:

I saw Olowokandi all three years he played at Univ. of the Pacific. True story, when he came to his first practice, coach Thomasson told him to "go to the block" and he didn't know what he meant. Didn't know what the "free throw line" was. 3 years later and this guy was a BEAST. I couldn't believe he went number 1. Although all the hype back then had the Clippers liking him over Bibby.

I knew he could potentially be a decent center in the league, but never worthy of a number 1 pick. Guys who don't start playing organized ball until College don't work out. For what it's worth, he is a very smart guy, got his economics degree from Pacific, and he is a nice guy to, but his thick accent has faded since he has been in the states.
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject:

1-Dwight
2-Drew
3-Biedrins
4-Oden
5-Bogut
6-M. Gasol lol

Last edited by Gellollo on Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brand New
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Since I'm a homer, Andrew.
Buddha
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Howard's not really a center.
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject:

KBandKB wrote:

but of course i have to say Andrew. Tyson is hwere he can be already. Dwight is as good as he can be already. So taht leaves us to Drew and Greg. Oden looks injury prone so I say Drew.

MOst Poewerful though goes to Dwight

Oden looks injury prone? You getting that from his knee injury?

What other center do we know of that ended last season due to a knee injury?

I'm not saying Oden will be better than Bynum, but it's funny to see so many people just dismiss him like that.

In any case, I think Howard will have a bigger impact than either of them, because he isn't on a stacked team. The Lakers are stacked, and the Blazers certainly can be if their players develop.

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
Jsmoothy
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Bynum is overrated

I enjoy the Lakers like anyone else, but there is something called "reality". Bynum does not even have half of the potential that Greg Oden does. Not only that, but Howard owns Bynum in every category. I love the Lakers, but of any forum I've ever seen, this is the biggest bunch of homers in the history of forums. Oden and Howard are FAR superior talents to Bynum. Ridiculous. You guys are horrible and make Lakers fans look stupid.
LakerJake
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Bynum is overrated

Jsmoothy wrote:
I enjoy the Lakers like anyone else, but there is something called "reality". Bynum does not even have half of the potential that Greg Oden does. Not only that, but Howard owns Bynum in every category. I love the Lakers, but of any forum I've ever seen, this is the biggest bunch of homers in the history of forums. Oden and Howard are FAR superior talents to Bynum. Ridiculous. You guys are horrible and make Lakers fans look stupid.

Overrated? Oden is Overrated. Has not even played a single second of NBA ball, is injury prone, and couldn't even put up better numbers in summer league than Andrew had in the ACTUAL NBA SEASON. Oden is nothing but a bunch of hype and Drew is going to put him in his place. And that will be on the floor looking up at Drew staring down at him just after he throws it down.
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Bynum is overrated

Jsmoothy wrote:

Did you join just to post that?

Quote:
Overrated? Oden is Overrated. Has not even played a single second of NBA ball, is injury prone, and couldn't even put up better numbers in summer league than Andrew had in the ACTUAL NBA SEASON. Oden is nothing but a bunch of hype and Drew is going to put him in his place. And that will be on the floor looking up at Drew staring down at him just after he throws it down.

LakerJake
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Bynum is overrated

Gellollo wrote:
Jsmoothy wrote:

Did you join just to post that?

Quote:

Thanks Gellollo

You should see the smack they talk in the Blazer forum about Oden vs Bynum. They act as if it a far gone conclusion that Oden will totally roll Drew. Then I had to educate them on the facts of the matter and they resorted to personal attacks and bathroom humor/putdowns in the face of logic.

They really believe the hype.
Jsmoothy
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: LOL

Laughable guys. Bynum isn't injury prone? He still is a mystery health-wise at this point.

The question was who will make more of an impact in the next TEN YEARS. That to me is a question that screams "who has a higher ceiling/potential?"

Oden, if he stays decently injury free (all big men are more injury prone), has a MUCH MUCH MUCH HIGHER ceiling than Bynum. Bynum also has his share of injuries. Oden is the 2nd coming of Shaq in terms of physical tools (just look at the combine results). He has also dominated at every level he's been at. He put up a monster game in the NCAA finals. He put up poor numbers in SL bc he was hurt guys. He required MICROFRACTURE surgery. Yea... he put up crappy numbers. Good observation, idiots.

In the next ten years, Oden has much more of an opportunity to be a stratosphere superstar than Bynum. Bynum has the potential to be a very very good center... a future all-star. Oden has the potential to be a league-dominating center, like Shaq.

Get over yourselves guys. We have bragging rights at the moment... with our finals appearance and multiple championships with Shaq. But, Oden is the future of the NBA if we're being honest.
ptown
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Bynum is overrated

Post on the topic, not other posters - VLF
LakerJake
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Bynum is overrated

ptown
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject:

lackor555
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: LOL

Jsmoothy wrote:
Laughable guys. Bynum isn't injury prone? He still is a mystery health-wise at this point.

The question was who will make more of an impact in the next TEN YEARS. That to me is a question that screams "who has a higher ceiling/potential?"

Oden, if he stays decently injury free (all big men are more injury prone), has a MUCH MUCH MUCH HIGHER ceiling than Bynum. Bynum also has his share of injuries. Oden is the 2nd coming of Shaq in terms of physical tools (just look at the combine results). He has also dominated at every level he's been at. He put up a monster game in the NCAA finals. He put up poor numbers in SL bc he was hurt guys. He required MICROFRACTURE surgery. Yea... he put up crappy numbers. Good observation, idiots.

In the next ten years, Oden has much more of an opportunity to be a stratosphere superstar than Bynum. Bynum has the potential to be a very very good center... a future all-star. Oden has the potential to be a league-dominating center, like Shaq.

Get over yourselves guys. We have bragging rights at the moment... with our finals appearance and multiple championships with Shaq. But, Oden is the future of the NBA if we're being honest.

Lol Oden the future? Oden being dominant like Shaq? lol. Cmon. Its people like you that overhypes ODen alot. Oden has proved NOTHING. He doesnt even look like a Center. Dominant as shaq? Wow. First of all, no one will dominate like Shaq unless they have the size. Oden has no size, im sure Lebron James is bigger then this guy. Centers like Yao, Dwight, or Andrew Bynum himself will dominate Oden if he wants to play physical, because they simply beat Oden in size.

What has Oden prove? NCAA Tournement? Hmm.
Andrew Bynum, shut down Amare on all the games in 07-08 season.
Andrew Bynum destroyed Chris Kaman
Andrew Bynum was the main piece to help the laker team get a win streak going and get 1st place in the west .

Its amazign how alot of people like you and blazer fans think they can see into the future
ptown
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: LOL

lackor555 wrote:
Jsmoothy wrote:

Lol Oden the future? Oden being dominant like Shaq? lol. Cmon. Its people like you that overhypes ODen alot. Oden has proved NOTHING. He doesnt even look like a Center. Dominant as shaq? Wow. First of all, no one will dominate like Shaq unless they have the size. Oden has no size, im sure Lebron James is bigger then this guy. Centers like Yao, Dwight, or Andrew Bynum himself will dominate Oden if he wants to play physical, because they simply beat Oden in size.

What has Oden prove? NCAA Tournement? Hmm.
Andrew Bynum, shut down Amare on all the games in 07-08 season.
Andrew Bynum destroyed Chris Kaman
Andrew Bynum was the main piece to help the laker team get a win streak going and get 1st place in the west .

Its amazign how alot of people like you and blazer fans think they can see into the future

I'm not going to enter this discussion of who is better because I don't see any real point to it (better to just wait and see than bicker). However with that said, I have no idea how you think a guy that's 290 lbs at 7'1" with the highest standing reach in his draft class doesn't even look like a center. Or even worse, saying that a 6'8", 260lb (LeBron) has more size. Uh?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6
Jump to: