Judging update

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> All-Time League Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sky
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Judging update

The depth of the game plans has made it difficult for us to get the verdicts done. That's a great thing, folks are into it and they're bringing it, but that means a trade off in doing those plans justice by us taking the time to break it down. We may not get it done today.

I haven't touched base with DB yet on where he's at, KobeWan has a couple verdicts in so far. I'm through the west and doing the east today.

Thanks for stepping it up and thank you very much for your patience. Some great games, very competitive.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Judging update

Sky wrote:
The depth of the game plans has made it difficult for us to get the verdicts done. That's a great thing, folks are into it and they're bringing it, but that means a trade off in doing those plans justice by us taking the time to break it down. We may not get it done today.

I haven't touched base with DB yet on where he's at, KobeWan has a couple verdicts in so far. I'm through the west and doing the east today.

Thanks for stepping it up and thank you very much for your patience. Some great games, very competitive.

gosh darn it sky. we must be in double O.T.

GP pass ELIE THE FREAGIN BALL he's wide open.

Thanks for all the Time judges
Chef Green
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Suck up.

postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Chef Green wrote:
Suck up.

I was about to make a starbucks run. any of you judges need anything?

Jamba juice?
jamas33
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject:

I was gonna make a bank run.. you judges need anything? Money? Money Order? Cashier's Check? Wired money? or maybe a Better Gameplan? LOL
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject:

jamas33 wrote:
I was gonna make a bank run.. you judges need anything? Money? Money Order? Cashier's Check? Wired money? or maybe a Better Gameplan? LOL

Donahgy aren't you in jail?
GUARD.... GUARD
Sky
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject:

KobeWan reports that his wife is sick and he has to take care of the kids. DB might get done tonight but he says tomorrow night is more realistic. So I think we're looking at tomorrow night guys.
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Are the deadlines for the new gameplans going to be pushed up as well?

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
TIME
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Sky wrote:
KobeWan reports that his wife is sick and he has to take care of the kids. DB might get done tonight but he says tomorrow night is more realistic. So I think we're looking at tomorrow night guys.

Sounds like KobeWan's priorities are all out of whack. Doesn't he know we always come first?
Sky
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Yes everything will be pushed back. Easy to just throw deadlines out there but we really need to actually do it to get a better feel for how long each phase will take. Judging should be faster as we go on though, 8 games to 4, to 2, etc.

How many days do you guys need for game plans? Some feedback on that would be appreciated.
TIME
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject:

I always wait until just before the deadline anyway, so any time frame works for me.
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject:

I can't speak for anyone else, but it really depends on which days I get. Friday to Sunday, I can get it done really quick. I'm busy the rest of the week and usually try to put it off until the end of the week gets here.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not at all upset that there's a delay. I wasn't thrilled to have the deadline be on a Friday.

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
Chef Green
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Same here - 3 days is probably plenty of time to get it done though, that's what this one took me.
Sky
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Based on these reponses sounds like we're better off having a fixed weekend time. So Sunday noon will be the deadline for each round going forward. If that's too early or folks have conflicts PM me now.
Sky
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject:

Heard from one coach who has a conflict this weekend and if he is playing he needs the deadline for round 2 moved out to a week from today. After that it can go back to sundays.

DancingBarry has finished with the west and is now on the east. Same with me. Both of us will be done today. Haven't talked with KobeWan yet.
Chef Green
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject:

Update?
Sky
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Update is I have 6 of the 8 games written. Final notes finished on the last 2 in the east but have to write them up now. Have PMs out to DB and KobeWan. Have not heard back from them today.
Chef Green
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Excellent. Thanks for all the hard work, guys!
Sky
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject:

DB has sent in his writeups. He and I disagree on every game in the west save one. That one game will be posted. Kobe Wan will be needed to break the tie. If he is not available, and he has a sick wife to attend to at the moment, then the coaches in the opppostie conference will be asked to cast their vote on who wins and that'll be it.
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject:

*cough*Hey KobeWan *cough*

DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Sky wrote:
DB has sent in his writeups. He and I disagree on every game in the west save one. That one game will be posted. Kobe Wan will be needed to break the tie. If he is not available, and he has a sick wife to attend to at the moment, then the coaches in the opppostie conference will be asked to cast their vote on who wins and that'll be it.

We could battle it out in private on a couple, if you want. I know I was real close on one. Not sure if you were close on any others.

(I just PM'd over another ... pretty sure we'll agree on this one.)
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Sky wrote:

We could battle it out in private on a couple, if you want. I know I was real close on one. Not sure if you were close on any others.

(I just PM'd over another ... pretty sure we'll agree on this one.)

come on let us coaches in on the west coast. I'll tell you write now who i got
Sky
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject:

KobeWan is focused on taking care of his family and will sit out the judging in this round. He may return for round 2 but we will continue to have opposing conference coaches voting. Playoff coaches who didn't get the win are welcome to join the judging if they wish, PM me if you'd like to do it.

So going forward it will be one vote for DB, one vote for me, one vote for the collective coaching vote..
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject:

Sky wrote:
KobeWan is focused on taking care of his family and will sit out the judging in this round. He may return for round 2 but we will continue to have opposing conference coaches voting. Playoff coaches who didn't get the win are welcome to join the judging if they wish, PM me if you'd like to do it.

So going forward it will be one vote for DB, one vote for me, one vote for the collective coaching vote..

there were some good matchups to start this thing off. but i made my choices and pm you last night sky. if its a stale mate or a hung jury on a few of these. let me know
Sky
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Buffalo-Washington is down to the wire. Five coaches have voted and it's 3-2. Caron hasn't been here in a long time so he is unlikely to vote, but there's two other coaches that I hope will cast votes and want to hear from at least one that could decide it or tie it and we go from there.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> All-Time League All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: