Game Talk
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> All-Time League Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sky
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Game Talk

Post your comments, praise and smack about playoff games and game plans in here. Please don't post in the game threads. Judges have been told not to enter this thread until they have submitted a verdict for each of this week's games.
L4L
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:11 am    Post subject:

Tick... Tock. Tick... Tock.
2Cleva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:32 am    Post subject:

Ahhh. So ready to get this started...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
L4L
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:42 am    Post subject:

Closing in on 4 hours.
L4L
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject:

3 hours.
L4L
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:05 am    Post subject:

Thoughts on Bemidji and Las Vegas now that the game plans have been revealed?
2Cleva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject:

Bemidji vs Las Vegas

I think Bem should have attacked inside more instead of basing their offense on attacking Baron. Being that its assumed he's healthy for this game, he is a strong defender who gets a lot of steals. I also believe Wilt should have been more involved in the gameplan. Vegas does a better job at a balance attack and utilizing its strengths.

LA vs Barcelona

Barcelona could have been exploited by Barkley - risking putting Hakeem on him. But Barcelona does have the bigs that would force Barkley outside - LA isn't ready for that. LA spent too much time on balanced attacks and not focusing on MVP Barkley exploiting guys who couldn't guard him. Either he could have taken them outside, drove past them, or posted the small ones up.

Buffalo vs Washington

I didn't expect it but I like the gameplan of Buffalo on Washington. I don't think Wade can just drive-drive-drive with 6'9" Pippen playing off of him. Even with no handchecking, Pippen was such a great defender it would be real tough for Wade. Still not sure they slow down Shaq with that gameplan though. Would have liked to see zones to prevent Shaq from even touching the ball.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
2Cleva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject:

Nice gameplan hsenation.
L4L
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject:

Final hour and I presume a lot of teams haven't sent in their write-up yet.
L4L
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject:

Deadline has passed...
jamas33
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:30 am    Post subject:

oh man.. I, Sweden Meatballs want a Divorce from LA Lakers. On the grounds that he just took me for granted... DID YOU SEE HIS GAMEPLAN? I feel so taken for granted... ::dialing divorce lawyer::
L4L
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject:

As long as the judges enjoy short novels, I will win.
TIME
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject:

L4L wrote:

Did you just say "short" novels?
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject:

TIME wrote:
L4L wrote:

Did you just say "short" novels?

No kidding. I was thinking more along the lines of "Multi-Volume Encyclopedia" myself.

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
2Cleva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject:

New York vs Sweden

Man - that gameplan was unconventional to say the least. NY matches up very well with Sweden and actually could beat them but will the judges find it wrapped in the cover its in?
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject:

2Cleva wrote:
New York vs Sweden

Man - that gameplan was unconventional to say the least. NY matches up very well with Sweden and actually could beat them but will the judges find it wrapped in the cover its in?

come on if its that hard to see. i dont know what to say. thats why i broke every single player down. there are holes all over that sweet-en team. holes that i showed how to exploit on both ends of the floor. its a simple gameplan. as i've stated, i really dont see how sweet-en got homecourt. aside from the fact that have Sexy names on the team. dennis rodman playing sf should be the death of sweet-en. by placing him there you have taken away his strength(s) and you have exposed his weakness. he's a great rebounder but playing pf or C closer to the basket. you can't crash the boards like a man man and play paul pierce at the same time. it just can't happen. and if he wants to stick with pierce he's going to have to stay close. doing so will result in early foul trouble for drodman. or a bunch of layups for pierce. if he backs off its 3 time. you saw what pierce did to us when we watched him shoot.

obvious holes.

no one can matchup with moses on that team. obvious holes. sheed can't stop or slow webber off the dribble from the high post, and he can't help off webber to double moses down low. obvious holes that can't be plugged by his bench players either.
TIME
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
2Cleva wrote:
New York vs Sweden

come on if its that hard to see. i dont know what to say. thats why i broke every single player down. there are holes all over that sweet-en team. holes that i showed how to exploit on both ends of the floor. its a simple gameplan. as i've stated, i really dont see how sweet-en got homecourt. aside from the fact that have Sexy names on the team. dennis rodman playing sf should be the death of sweet-en. by placing him there you have taken away his strength(s) and you have exposed his weakness. he's a great rebounder but playing pf or C closer to the basket. you can't crash the boards like a man man and play paul pierce at the same time. it just can't happen. and if he wants to stick with pierce he's going to have to stay close. doing so will result in early foul trouble for drodman. or a bunch of layups for pierce. if he backs off its 3 time. you saw what pierce did to us when we watched him shoot.

obvious holes.

no one can matchup with moses on that team. obvious holes. sheed can't stop or slow webber off the dribble from the high post, and he can't help off webber to double moses down low. obvious holes that can't be plugged by his bench players either.

Not sure if you realize this, but Rodman was verrrry effective as a SF in his Piston period. He had the quicks to guard Pierce in spite of your claim otherwise. There are some other blatant misstatements, but I'll leave that to the judges to address.
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Rodman starting at the 3 may not be the best idea from an offensive standpoint, but it certainly doesn't hurt Sweden defensively. Rodman was a fantastic defender at both the 3 and the 4 (and pretty damn solid at the 5 for his size).

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Jeffs wrote:
Rodman starting at the 3 may not be the best idea from an offensive standpoint, but it certainly doesn't hurt Sweden defensively. Rodman was a fantastic defender at both the 3 and the 4 (and pretty damn solid at the 5 for his size).

he can't guard paul pierce. mr finals mvp. i dont care what kind of makeshift defender he was at the 3. how many times was dennis guarding dominique? he wasn't. why? because he couldn't guard a superstar sf. he could guard a normal sf. prince aint starting. pierce is. rodman better be in foul trouble.
2Cleva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:

obvious holes.

I can see it.

I'm just saying that when the judges are so used to writeups being in the format that it was requested at and you find one in a totally different format - it makes it hard on the judges to see what you want them to because they're wired to see something else.

Best of luck to you. I think your plan is sound - you gotta hope the judges see that.
2Cleva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
Jeffs wrote:

he can't guard paul pierce. mr finals mvp. i dont care what kind of makeshift defender he was at the 3. how many times was dennis guarding dominique? he wasn't. why? because he couldn't guard a superstar sf. he could guard a normal sf. prince aint starting. pierce is. rodman better be in foul trouble.

I do agree there. Rodman 91/92 didn't matchup with wing players - he did that in his younger years. By that time he was just a rebounder and post defender. He didn't have the guile he did in late Chicago years either - he was just beginning to wild out at that time.

Pierce would tear him up.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject:

2Cleva wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
Jeffs wrote:

I do agree there. Rodman 91/92 didn't matchup with wing players - he did that in his younger years. By that time he was just a rebounder and post defender. He didn't have the guile he did in late Chicago years either - he was just beginning to wild out at that time.

Pierce would tear him up.

pierce would have him heading to the sidelines with 3 quick fouls and taking off his shoes in disgust. then the coach would tell him to put them back on. he would refuse. and that would be the end of dennis for that game.
2Cleva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Also its new school rules. Rodman can't be physical on the perimeter.
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject:

2Cleva wrote:
Also its new school rules. Rodman can't be physical on the perimeter.

A lot of old-school players would have to adjust because of that. Payton can't be physical either.

Chef Green
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Baron cannot guard Tiny. Tony Parker averaged more than 5 PPG over his average against Golden State last year. In my eyes, Tony is the closest thing to Tiny that Baron has ever faced, and Tony lights him up.

As for attacking the paint more - Wilt was only a 13 PPG scorer - I've been assuming all along that the judges were going to consider statistics when they made their judgments.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> All-Time League All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7
Jump to: