Game Talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> All-Time League Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
hsenation
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 27 Jul 2008
Posts: 49

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Top Ten Things You Should Believe Cause I Say So...oh yeah? Prove me wrong...

10. The Moon is made of cheese.
9. Bigfoot exists and his buddy is the Loch Ness Monster
8. Love is higher than a mountain, love is thicker than water
7. Me? ...like a horse, baby!
6. Superman is waay stronger than the Hulk
5. The Bermuda Triangle is a portal to another dimension
4. Michael Jackson digs older men
3. Dogs have a language that only other dogs and Filipinos understand
2. No one in the history of basketball could check Pierce...Brosnan

and the number one thing you should believe cause I say so...oh yeah, prove me wrong...

1. Dennis Rodman could not stop Dennis Rodman under the NO TOUCH rules of the current NBA





and in case you are checking...NO, there are no YOUTUBE videos to substantiate any of this...
_________________
There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Sep 2003
Posts: 36822

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject:

hsenation wrote:
Top Ten Things You Should Believe Cause I Say So...oh yeah? Prove me wrong...

10. The Moon is made of cheese.
9. Bigfoot exists and his buddy is the Loch Ness Monster
8. Love is higher than a mountain, love is thicker than water
7. Me? ...like a horse, baby!
6. Superman is waay stronger than the Hulk
5. The Bermuda Triangle is a portal to another dimension
4. Michael Jackson digs older men
3. Dogs have a language that only other dogs and Filipinos understand
2. No one in the history of basketball could check Pierce...Brosnan

and the number one thing you should believe cause I say so...oh yeah, prove me wrong...

1. Dennis Rodman could not stop Dennis Rodman under the NO TOUCH rules of the current NBA





and in case you are checking...NO, there are no YOUTUBE videos to substantiate any of this...



10. The Moon is made of cheese. (ask brett favre)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTa4Tpy-ORk

9. Bigfoot exists and his buddy is the Loch Ness Monster (big foot does exist according to one of your fellow LGers. i know you've seen the thread). and after that Tsunami, have you seen some of those deep sea pictures? No telling whats in the water.

Bigfoot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF70wOyRq1U&feature=related

Loch Ness
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UazKtiogq4o&feature=related



8. Love is higher than a mountain, love is thicker than water (this is gospel)


6. Superman is waay stronger than the Hulk, as long as their is no krptonite around.

You have to watch this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQPtgXIHPys

5. The Bermuda Triangle is a portal to another dimension (prove it isn't to those that have never been found)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPLQfc4g3eA&feature=related

4. Michael Jackson digs older men (If the Chinese govt. can't tell me 9 yrd old little girls in gymnastics are really 16 and up. I can tell you those boys were men that Mjax took a liking to)

3. Dogs have a language that only other dogs and Filipinos understand (if its a dog from the Philippines. this is true)

2. No one in the history of basketball could check Pierce...Brosnan(the truth, just like paul's name)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_0R6MlDVTc


Last edited by postandpivot on Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sky
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Apr 2001
Posts: 9830
Location: Up

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Pivot posted this in the game thread. It belongs here. In response to the Webber-Sheed stats in the thread he said this...

who said webber was guarding sheed the entire time alone? thats the problem with having Vlade as your center and having a non defensive team. vs Sheed's Trailblazers that scared the living daylights out of the lakers because they had hard nose defenders and guys who could score. but if you have to go to head to head stats only, i agree. statistically speaking head to head.

thats why its even more important that people realize what i'm saying about what pierce did to bruce bowen (the best sf defender in this soft era) on a TOP of the line defensive team, with a MVP defensive anchor. and pierce still put up the numbers on him. that means a lot more then you guys want to think it means. it means not only did bowen not have an answer. it meant a defensive minded team & coach in pop didn't have the answer for pierce. thats kobe type of stuff right there. no he aint kobe. but you get the point.


and for the record there wasn't a legit webber debate about his head to head defense. i was just running my mouth about him in that regard. i admitted to that. i was to lazy to look at the matchups. and i assumed sheed and a few others problably got theirs vs him. i just wanted to see how far out i could take the conversation. could i make them even believe webber was the next lockdown defender at PF. ha haa. but as i stated, all the pierce talk was legit and looked up/looked into.

wait a second. let me throw this end now that i'm looking at the numbers. that defense from wallace isn't above average just basing it on cwebbs fg%. how many assists does cwebb have? thats point guard numbers. that means he's still apart of someone else scoring because of his offense. there's a thing that says if a passer makes a pass to a player for an assist two guys let the defense down. the guy guarding the guy who caught the pass and scored. also the guy guarding the passer. if a Bigman has that many assists against you, that means you're not playing as good of defense on him as you think. sure you may stop him from going to his first option of in the paint or jumpshot. but you're not stopping or slowing his 2nd or 3rd option, thats working like a charm.

so how is wallace playing Cwebb to make his fg% fall off? he's playing him close/tight. which is exposing himself to cwebb's passes. now wasn't someone supposed to be doubling moses? if sheed is in cwebbs face, odd are he's not in a zone. and if thats the case, who is doubling down on moses? Rodman? well who's sticking pierce then? ahhhh haaaaaaa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Sep 2003
Posts: 36822

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject:

Sky wrote:
Pivot posted this in the game thread. It belongs here. In response to the Webber-Sheed stats in the thread he said this...

who said webber was guarding sheed the entire time alone? thats the problem with having Vlade as your center and having a non defensive team. vs Sheed's Trailblazers that scared the living daylights out of the lakers because they had hard nose defenders and guys who could score. but if you have to go to head to head stats only, i agree. statistically speaking head to head.

thats why its even more important that people realize what i'm saying about what pierce did to bruce bowen (the best sf defender in this soft era) on a TOP of the line defensive team, with a MVP defensive anchor. and pierce still put up the numbers on him. that means a lot more then you guys want to think it means. it means not only did bowen not have an answer. it meant a defensive minded team & coach in pop didn't have the answer for pierce. thats kobe type of stuff right there. no he aint kobe. but you get the point.


and for the record there wasn't a legit webber debate about his head to head defense. i was just running my mouth about him in that regard. i admitted to that. i was to lazy to look at the matchups. and i assumed sheed and a few others problably got theirs vs him. i just wanted to see how far out i could take the conversation. could i make them even believe webber was the next lockdown defender at PF. ha haa. but as i stated, all the pierce talk was legit and looked up/looked into.

wait a second. let me throw this end now that i'm looking at the numbers. that defense from wallace isn't above average just basing it on cwebbs fg%. how many assists does cwebb have? thats point guard numbers. that means he's still apart of someone else scoring because of his offense. there's a thing that says if a passer makes a pass to a player for an assist two guys let the defense down. the guy guarding the guy who caught the pass and scored. also the guy guarding the passer. if a Bigman has that many assists against you, that means you're not playing as good of defense on him as you think. sure you may stop him from going to his first option of in the paint or jumpshot. but you're not stopping or slowing his 2nd or 3rd option, thats working like a charm.

so how is wallace playing Cwebb to make his fg% fall off? he's playing him close/tight. which is exposing himself to cwebb's passes. now wasn't someone supposed to be doubling moses? if sheed is in cwebbs face, odd are he's not in a zone. and if thats the case, who is doubling down on moses? Rodman? well who's sticking pierce then? ahhhh haaaaaaa


my bad sky.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jamas33
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jun 2001
Posts: 3369
Location: Lake Minnetonka

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject:

I still think Superman isnt stronger than Hulk when he gets Hulk megaMADDDD.. but Superman is smart so I dont think he will push Hulk..
_________________
Want Some Pancakes?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jamas33
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jun 2001
Posts: 3369
Location: Lake Minnetonka

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject:

BTW Superman got three range and I dont think Hulk can check him...
_________________
Want Some Pancakes?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Aug 2006
Posts: 25274

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, but can Superman body him up in the post?

Ultimately, it doesn't matter. The Flash would just dribble around everyone and score at will. A one-man fast break.
_________________
Jeffs

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jamas33
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jun 2001
Posts: 3369
Location: Lake Minnetonka

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:20 am    Post subject:

Jeffs - its about help defense.. personally my defensive stopper would be the Invisible Man...
_________________
Want Some Pancakes?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jamas33
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jun 2001
Posts: 3369
Location: Lake Minnetonka

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:54 am    Post subject:

I think Felix the Cat is underrated... the way he just locks down The Professor and Rock Bottom... the guy just have games for days...
_________________
Want Some Pancakes?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Aug 2006
Posts: 25274

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject:

You think George Gervin was good? Well, wait til you see what the real Iceman can do!
_________________
Jeffs

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Sep 2003
Posts: 36822

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:14 am    Post subject:

Superman vs hulk did you watch the movie above? if so, you saw how superman out smarted hulk in the end.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Chef Green
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 23 Apr 2007
Posts: 769

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:17 am    Post subject:

Next time I'm definitely drafting Ant Man instead of Tiny.
_________________
I play with knives and fire.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Sep 2003
Posts: 36822

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject:

jamas33 wrote:
I think Felix the Cat is underrated... the way he just locks down The Professor and Rock Bottom... the guy just have games for days...

every time he scores they sing his theme song.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jamas33
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jun 2001
Posts: 3369
Location: Lake Minnetonka

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:56 am    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
jamas33 wrote:
I think Felix the Cat is underrated... the way he just locks down The Professor and Rock Bottom... the guy just have games for days...

every time he scores they sing his theme song.
and his heart goes pitty pat...
_________________
Want Some Pancakes?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jamas33
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jun 2001
Posts: 3369
Location: Lake Minnetonka

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:58 am    Post subject:

Jeffs wrote:
You think George Gervin was good? Well, wait til you see what the real Iceman can do!
he is pretty good,until he runs into the Fantastic Four's box and one defense. The Human Torch can really lite up a person, and the power game? Ben Grimm baby... Shotblocking from Mr. Fantastic.. and I heard they have been playing together for awhile..
_________________
Want Some Pancakes?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
hsenation
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 27 Jul 2008
Posts: 49

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:07 am    Post subject:

Hulk MAD! HULK MADDDD!!! HUUULK MADDDDDDD!!!!

cause Hulk no can stop Paul Pierce in no touch NBA era...
_________________
There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jamas33
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jun 2001
Posts: 3369
Location: Lake Minnetonka

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject:

invisible man can stop Paul Pierce in any era:

1. Can't see him
2. Can't see touch or no touch.
_________________
Want Some Pancakes?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Sep 2003
Posts: 36822

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject:

jamas33 wrote:
invisible man can stop Paul Pierce in any era:

1. Can't see him
2. Can't see touch or no touch.

excellent point.

now if you want to go Justice league vs Xmen vs fantastic 4 vs Marvel. Lets do it.

I got flash at SF, the best slasher in the game. but he can't shoot a 3 to save his life. Colussus at Center . who you got?

ay and did you see that kid trying to explain how the moon is made of cheese? Hilarious.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Aug 2006
Posts: 25274

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject:

I counter Superman with Darkside. Our team plans to implement the "Kent-Rules" to throw him off balance by using physical play. We also plan to all wear kryptonite bracelets.

Can't take Flash away from me. He's already my starting point guard. No one can stop his dribble penetration, and he'll get a ton of steals with his quick hands.

Spiderman will be my defensive specialist off the bench, creating a web around the basket and not allowing anything to fall through.
_________________
Jeffs

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
2Cleva
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Jun 2001
Posts: 9191

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject:

Why not go with the Yoda of the Superhero world - Professor X. He'd spout some Zen-like mess like Phil, make everyone think they were Kwame Brown, then get out the chair and moonwalk his way to easy buckets.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
hsenation
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 27 Jul 2008
Posts: 49

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject:

why not just go with Yoda? he'll just close his eyes...put his right hand up...use the force...and well, game over.

I do not believe it...that is why you fail...
_________________
There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Aug 2006
Posts: 25274

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject:

Well, I'd have to go with Jean Gray to counter Yoda's "force" powers. Then again, she might just go nuts and kill everybody.

Hmm... if she's the last person alive on the court, does my team win?
_________________
Jeffs

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
2Cleva
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Jun 2001
Posts: 9191

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject:

Can't argue with either of those points.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
L4L
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 28 Nov 2007
Posts: 145

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Phil chimes in on the Dennis debate:
Quote:

After receiving an honorary doctor of letters degree from his alma mater, University of North Dakota, Lakers coach Phil Jackson touched upon a range of subjects from the school’s nickname to the greatest athlete he has ever coached.

And it wasn’t Michael Jordan.

Or Kobe Bryant.

Or Shaquille O’Neal.

Not Karl Malone, Derek Fisher, Rick Fox, Scottie Pippen, Steve Kerr, Bill Cartwright or Smush Parker (OK, so he might not belong).

No, the player Jackson called the greatest that he has coached is that wedding dress aficionado and Newport Beach police’s favorite basketball bad boy, Dennis Rodman.

That’s right. No need to rub your eyes.

“He could probably play a 48-minute game and play the 48th minute stronger than the first minute of the game,” Jackson told the crowd at UND. “He was that terrific an athlete.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TIME
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 23 Sep 2003
Posts: 278

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Interesting. That was after the year jamas picked. Rodman was a stud. However, you cut that quote from PJ off too soon. He went on to say...

"Of course, as terrific an athlete that Dennis was, I have to mention that there is one man that even Dennis could not possbily check. Paul Pierce. He is simply the one unguardable man in the history of basketball."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> All-Time League All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB