Who is the best boxer of all time?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:
Check the thread. I have repeatedly offered why Ali got knocked down. You disagree. Fine, but don't act like it hasn't been repeatedly answered.

Check your very 1st response. You didn't answer at all. But that's done with now.

Quote:
And I can fathom Mike knocking him down, but I think it's less likely than Wepner. Why? Because the fighters greater than Wepner seemed to have problems doing it. Why? Because Ali against a real opponent was vastly different than Ali vs. a Wepner. That has evidence behind it. Would you say Utah will beat LA this series because LA lost a game to Sacramento? Why not? Utah's certainly better than Sac, and has playoff experience and killer instinct. Perhaps it's because a relatively meaningless game against Sacramento has less of LA's attention than a playoff series against Utah. And I never acted as if Ali getting caught off guard was unfathomable. Quite the opposite, I explained exactly why.

Wow. Just...wow. You can't REALLY believe that Tyson would have a HARDER time than Wepner in knocking down Ali? Wow, bro. To say that it ONLY happened because Ali WASN'T fighting a good opponent really doesn't hold any weight. And you can't compare a team sport with an individual sport. THAT'S apples and oranges right there. But ok, we're done here. We'll just agree to disagree.

Fair enough
Junooooow24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:16 am    Post subject:

Manny Pacquiao hands down Haha biased
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject:

With the Mike and Ali debate, if Mike didn't get Ali out early, Ali would boat race him to victory.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Junooooow24 wrote:
Manny Pacquiao hands down Haha biased

Manny is definitely making a case ......... the Mexicutioner is dominating people
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:
Check the thread. I have repeatedly offered why Ali got knocked down. You disagree. Fine, but don't act like it hasn't been repeatedly answered.

Check your very 1st response. You didn't answer at all. But that's done with now.

Quote:
And I can fathom Mike knocking him down, but I think it's less likely than Wepner. Why? Because the fighters greater than Wepner seemed to have problems doing it. Why? Because Ali against a real opponent was vastly different than Ali vs. a Wepner. That has evidence behind it.

Wow. Just...wow. You can't REALLY believe that Tyson would have a HARDER time than Wepner in knocking down Ali? Wow, bro. To say that it ONLY happened because Ali WASN'T fighting a good opponent really doesn't hold any weight. And you can't compare a team sport with an individual sport. THAT'S apples and oranges right there. But ok, we're done here. We'll just agree to disagree.

Fair enough

I don't think your theory is that ludicrous, 24, considering that 3 of Ali's 4 knockdowns came from nobodies. Frazier being the only big name and he had to damn near kill Ali in the process.

In addition, Ali was able to easily stay out of the range of Liston and Foreman (otoh, see George demolishing Frazier). Tyson similarly preyed upon guys who stood in front of him, even Buster Douglas tattooed Mike's face with a strong exhibition of footwork. I doubt Ali has too many problems with Tyson knowing that he's a 1-punch KO artist and that he is woefully behind in terms of late round experience.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
24 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
And I can fathom Mike knocking him down, but I think it's less likely than Wepner. Why? Because the fighters greater than Wepner seemed to have problems doing it. Why? Because Ali against a real opponent was vastly different than Ali vs. a Wepner. That has evidence behind it.

Fair enough

I don't think your theory is that ludicrous, 24, considering that 3 of Ali's 4 knockdowns came from nobodies. Frazier being the only big name and he had to damn near kill Ali in the process.

In addition, Ali was able to easily stay out of the range of Liston and Foreman (otoh, see George demolishing Frazier). Tyson similarly preyed upon guys who stood in front of him, even Buster Douglas tattooed Mike's face with a strong exhibition of footwork. I doubt Ali has too many problems with Tyson knowing that he's a 1-punch KO artist and that he is woefully behind in terms of late round experience.

I agree, but I was just being respectful of LB's request to call the argument off and agree to disagree.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I don't think your theory is that ludicrous, 24, considering that 3 of Ali's 4 knockdowns came from nobodies.

That comment doesn't make any sense. If "Nobodies" knocked Ali down, then it's PERFECTLY FEASIBLE TO BELIEVE that a "SOMEBODY" like Tyson could do it.
TheBattleOfLosAngeles
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject:

Marciano. Undefeated don't lie.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject:

TheBattleOfLosAngeles wrote:
Marciano. Undefeated don't lie.

Died too soon ...... but definitely in the top 10 Heavies of all time
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> The Best Of... All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6
Jump to: