Saw Andrew Bynum working out today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dawglaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
I never knew why more basketball players didn't play football. Top two I can think of are Gates and Peppars. Imagine a 7-footer in football pads.

taller = more wind resistance when running usually
Lakers For Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Two 7 footers upfront that are scoring threats. Should open things up nicely for Kobe to do his thang.
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Great news. He's really gunning for that max contract.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
Lakers For Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't offer max until next summer. Its not in Lakers favor to guarantee a player off of surgery a max contract. 4 years $40 million is fair for what he's shown so far and the risk involved. Raise it to 5 years $60 million mid season and 5 years $80 million next summer, if all goes well.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject:

An extension happens by the start of the season or it doesn't happen until next summer.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Lakers For Life wrote:
I wouldn't offer max until next summer. Its not in Lakers favor to guarantee a player off of surgery a max contract. 4 years $40 million is fair for what he's shown so far and the risk involved. Raise it to 5 years $60 million mid season and 5 years $80 million next summer, if all goes well.

Another injury (knock on wood!) and he'd be signing for alot less under
the possibility of being injury-prone, so that's one reason to wait.

I'd also wait to sign him big-time just to keep him hungry all this season.
He really hasn't proved anything just yet, outside of some very nice
flashes of potential... keep him wanting to prove his worth and earn
those clams.
OX1947
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject:

If I were the Lakers, I would wait until next summer. Bynum has to at least play a full season of productive ball.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject:

RYZ wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
I never knew why more basketball players didn't play football. Top two I can think of are Gates and Peppars. Imagine a 7-footer in football pads.

Imagine a full speed open field tackle at the knees. End of career.

Oh, no worries then: No one at El Segundo makes full speed open-field tackles

Hawaiian Punch is right though, he looked supremely fit and ready to go. I can't quite figure out how he fits in that little black car of his (couldn't quite tell the make) though, but he appears to be pretty determined.

I saw Sun Ming Ming get into an Acura, so it is possible.
MAJIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Be afraid league.....

Be very afraid!!!

(Rubs hands together as if he's some sort of mad scientist)
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject:

ERod86 wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
lickmylovepump wrote:
Laker_Behemoth wrote:
Bynum = Best center in the league within 2 years.

Fixed.

Yep.

If you crazy kids are correct, then the Lakers are going to win the championship this year, and as long as KB stays, 3-peat.

Based on his comments about Bynum this past season, Kobe stays.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject:

OX1947 wrote:
If I were the Lakers, I would wait until next summer. Bynum has to at least play a full season of productive ball.

That's not the Laker style, they lock up their impact players when they have the chance. If he looks good in camp and preseason, he likely extends before the season starts. That is the Buss way.
RYZ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject:

*wishlist* wrote:
RYZ wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

Imagine a full speed open field tackle at the knees. End of career.

Oh, no worries then: No one at El Segundo makes full speed open-field tackles

Hawaiian Punch is right though, he looked supremely fit and ready to go. I can't quite figure out how he fits in that little black car of his (couldn't quite tell the make) though, but he appears to be pretty determined.

I psyched for the season to start. is that little "black" car of his a nissan gt-r? i've heard he's had his graphite-colored gt-r since before his atl trip. that was probably it. don't ask how i know. hehe.

Could have been... little black convertible. Seeing him stand next to it this morning, he literally looked as long as the car. He did look in great shape though. He had his shirt off -- excuse me ladies -- and the dude looked ripped.
lakers1969
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:29 am    Post subject:

Drew will dominate the league and he should have drag Puke and Space Cadet. And we know Machine, Ariza and Jordan are working hard this summer.

"If you are a LAKER FAN, you are LAKERS FOR LIFE" - Doc Buss

- NBA BIAS
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:53 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Bballguru5000 wrote:
Well, that's fantastic news!

But until he beats Usain Bolt in the 100 meters, I'm not going to get too excited.

Lets' see Bolt try to score a lay-up with Bynum in the paint...!

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
Bballguru5000
Star Player
Star Player

Location: Born and Raised in Los Angeles, now living in Manhattan, NY.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:21 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Bballguru5000 wrote:

But until he beats Usain Bolt in the 100 meters, I'm not going to get too excited.

I was being sarcastic.
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:23 am    Post subject:

Bballguru5000 wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
Bballguru5000 wrote:

I was being sarcastic.

I think you need to upgrade to the full duplex model because your receiver doesn't seem to be working while you're transmitting.
Bballguru5000
Star Player
Star Player

Location: Born and Raised in Los Angeles, now living in Manhattan, NY.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:30 am    Post subject:

Exick wrote:
Bballguru5000 wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
Bballguru5000 wrote:

I was being sarcastic.

I think you need to upgrade to the full duplex model because your receiver doesn't seem to be working while you're transmitting.

Would Radio Shack have this Full Duplex model?
tamakin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: Saw Andrew Bynum working out today

HawaiianPunch wrote:
Bynum is in great shape. I coach football at El Segundo High and he was out on our track today running with what looked like a conditioning coach. He looks ripped and toned, hes actually very fast for a 7-footer.

The trainer worked him hard, having him do combinations of 1/4 and 1/2 mile runs and sprint intervals. We should all be excited about his return this year, Mitch was right...its obvious he worked hard while out with injury because the guy has almost no body fat and is looking fast.

Ban this guy HawaiianPunch for posting a lie. Look at Andrew's new blog. He says he's been in ATL for the past 6 weeks and is coming back to LA soon.
skyball21
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Saw Andrew Bynum working out today

Quote:
Ban this guy HawaiianPunch for posting a lie. Look at Andrew's new blog. He says he's been in ATL for the past 6 weeks and is coming back to LA soon.

The blog takes a few days after he writes it to post. Andrew is back in LA and working with Rambis today.
Mark_in_Tulsa
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: Saw Andrew Bynum working out today

tamakin wrote:
HawaiianPunch wrote:
Bynum is in great shape. I coach football at El Segundo High and he was out on our track today running with what looked like a conditioning coach. He looks ripped and toned, hes actually very fast for a 7-footer.

The trainer worked him hard, having him do combinations of 1/4 and 1/2 mile runs and sprint intervals. We should all be excited about his return this year, Mitch was right...its obvious he worked hard while out with injury because the guy has almost no body fat and is looking fast.

He wrote that last week. And it was posted today. You can tell it was written last week because it says "this week Mitch came to see me" witch happened last week. He also says in a couple of days he would be back in LA from when he wrote that. So it's been a couple of days and sure enough he is here working out.

So don't jump that gun so quickly next time and call someone a liar.

---George Carlin
HawaiianPunch
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Saw Andrew Bynum working out today

tamakin wrote:
HawaiianPunch wrote:

Haha wow relax. Listen I'm not going to defend my post because its such a minor thing...I saw him running with his trainer in El Segundo, big deal. Believe what you want.
SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Saw Andrew Bynum working out today

tamakin wrote:
HawaiianPunch wrote:

It would be nice if you apologized for calling him a liar, and requesting he be banned.
easybreeze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Saw Andrew Bynum working out today

HawaiianPunch wrote:
tamakin wrote:
HawaiianPunch wrote:

Haha wow relax. Listen I'm not going to defend my post because its such a minor thing...I saw him running with his trainer in El Segundo, big deal. Believe what you want.

Pay those guys no mind. As if a pro-baller is gonna post an up to the hour, post of his where abouts on the internet.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Saw Andrew Bynum working out today

HawaiianPunch wrote:
tamakin wrote:
HawaiianPunch wrote:

Youtube video of you and two additional eyewitnesses taking a polygraph in the presence of a notary public or it didn't happen.
im_back
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:26 am    Post subject:

andrew having a press conference noting that he saw you seeing him or it didnt happen
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6
Jump to: