Bynum Declares His Knee 100%
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject:

SICK.. I'm stoked for this season..

golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject:

emplay wrote:
this was bynum's press conference on his return to la - not sure who decided to call it - but i was happy to go

Thanks, appreciate it, Eric.

I guess, it was a press-conference for basketball junkies
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject:

king255 wrote:
He could bend the knee "more?" So that means he can't really bend it 100%, and with less pain "immediately after surgery," I don't find that surprising. No swelling is not the same as no pain.
Seems to me he's still not 100%. To me, he should do nothing but rest for now. Otherwise, he's going to have to start compensating in the regular season and that can lead to even more complications. In fact, it'll lead to another arthroscopic surgery, in which case, he'll have to start all over again(actually, you lose a little bit of cartilage each time, and as we saw with Kobe, one is okay, but two, and you start to lose your athleticism.)

I guess the reality is setting in. You can't heal from arthroscopic surgery that fast. Even Kobe had to take more than half a year to recover. Bynum is a much slower healer. It'd probably take him till January doing NOTHING to recover completely.

IMMEDIATELY AFTER SURGERY (when he still had swelling) he could bend his knee more.....than he could prior to his surgery........ that doesnt make it sound like his knee isn't 100%. like emplay is saying...where are you getting your interpretation?
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Scherm wrote:
Sounds pretty disgruntled to me. I think I'll alert Hacksaw.
yup. he's definitely got irreconcilable differences with the lakers.
king255
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject:

emplay wrote:
Bynum had some loose fragments in his knee that stopped him from completely healing - they waited until the last option to do surgery - which Bynum emphasized today - you never want to get cut if you can avoid it - he never would have healed without cleaning the knee

it's now clean - he noticed the difference immediately - so much so that it actually felt better immediately after the surgery - despite the fact that a doctor just dug into his knee, etc

bynum says there are no lingering effects - he feels great - stronger than he did at this point last year

I can't figure how you came up with what you did - maybe my breakdown was unclear.

So what exactly did you mean by that he could bend the knee "more?" Doesn't that imply that he could bend it more, but not really all the way, without feeling pain? And what's wrong with what I said about him "feeling less pain not being surprising"(you'd hope that he felt less pain, considering that's exactly why he had the surgery).
Heyvoon24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Bynum Back

these words literally give me chills
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject:

king - no what I wrote does not imply he couldn't bend it all the way without feeling pain.

If you can move your knee 70% - have surgery - and then immediately after surgery move it more than 70% - that doesn't say if it's 71% or 100% - it doesn't imply anything.
king255
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
king255 wrote:
He could bend the knee "more?" So that means he can't really bend it 100%, and with less pain "immediately after surgery," I don't find that surprising. No swelling is not the same as no pain.
Seems to me he's still not 100%. To me, he should do nothing but rest for now. Otherwise, he's going to have to start compensating in the regular season and that can lead to even more complications. In fact, it'll lead to another arthroscopic surgery, in which case, he'll have to start all over again(actually, you lose a little bit of cartilage each time, and as we saw with Kobe, one is okay, but two, and you start to lose your athleticism.)

I guess the reality is setting in. You can't heal from arthroscopic surgery that fast. Even Kobe had to take more than half a year to recover. Bynum is a much slower healer. It'd probably take him till January doing NOTHING to recover completely.

IMMEDIATELY AFTER SURGERY (when he still had swelling) he could bend his knee more.....than he could prior to his surgery........ that doesnt make it sound like his knee isn't 100%. like emplay is saying...where are you getting your interpretation?

Looking at the context, it appears that the bend his knee comment refers to right after he had the surgery, so you're right. The sentence below, however, suggests that he's referring to now(notice he didn't say no pain.)

Regardless, he's being very ambiguous in making what Bynum felt right after surgery to look like what he's feeling NOW, which is what we're concerned with.
king255
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject:

emplay wrote:
king - no what I wrote does not imply he couldn't bend it all the way without feeling pain.

If you can move your knee 70% - have surgery - and then immediately after surgery move it more than 70% - that doesn't say if it's 71% or 100% - it doesn't imply anything.

If you're Bynum, then wouldn't you have just said that I could bend my knee all the way? Why be so specific? Also, I notice that nowhere did you say he felt no pain, just "less" pain, and no swelling.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject:

King, unless you have multiple personalities, it looks like you're the only one concerned.
captain jack
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject:

I don't know how you do it Eric. A nice read. Wassup with Kobe's operation. BTW, it was nice to meet you the other day.
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject:

i'll try again

Quote:

just left the press conference

quick thoughts:

Favorite game while down was Halo

He's 100%

285 9% body fat - wants to get down to 8% - but happy

better numbers on the track than last year - squatting more etc

said he could bend the knee more - and with less pain IMMEDIATELY after surgery even while still swollen from just getting cut

no swelling now - no ice - ready to go

hasn't played 5 on 5 - but is cleared - just waiting for the guys to get back into town

will start working out with Rambis on Monday - with Cap when the season gets closer

understands that it's all about what he can add defensively - he saw what was missing while on the sidelines and knows where he can contribute to put the team over the top

wants a contract by the start of the season but will leave that to his agent - he'll still be working hard every day regardless of what happens - that's his focus - but it'd be nice to have the contract out of the way

I included the "feeling no pain" in the 100% part

the no ice and no swelling indicates that in addition to no pain - there doesn't appear to be any structural remants of the injury - to date.

the feeling better after surgery indicates that the knee clearly had an obstruction - that once removed - resulted in an immediate improvement even after the rigors of arthroscopic surgery.
king255
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
King, unless you have multiple personalities, it looks like you're the only one concerned.

Too bad your attempt to be a devil's advocate fails again. Look at how many are already celebrating prematurely, clearly thought that emplay was referring to how he's feeling "now."
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject:

king255
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject:

emplay wrote:
i'll try again

Quote:

just left the press conference

quick thoughts:

Favorite game while down was Halo

He's 100%

285 9% body fat - wants to get down to 8% - but happy

better numbers on the track than last year - squatting more etc

said he could bend the knee more - and with less pain IMMEDIATELY after surgery even while still swollen from just getting cut

no swelling now - no ice - ready to go

hasn't played 5 on 5 - but is cleared - just waiting for the guys to get back into town

will start working out with Rambis on Monday - with Cap when the season gets closer

understands that it's all about what he can add defensively - he saw what was missing while on the sidelines and knows where he can contribute to put the team over the top

wants a contract by the start of the season but will leave that to his agent - he'll still be working hard every day regardless of what happens - that's his focus - but it'd be nice to have the contract out of the way

I included the "feeling no pain" in the 100% part

the no ice and no swelling indicates that in addition to no pain - there doesn't appear to be any structural remants of the injury - to date.

the feeling better after surgery indicates that the knee clearly had an obstruction - that once removed - resulted in an immediate improvement even after the rigors of arthroscopic surgery.

Hmm, didn't notice that 100% part. I guess I was looking at specific phrases that I didn't see that simple explanation.
king255
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Freakout wrote:

That part was like a disclaimer in small print. His wording sure didn't help either.
browser1215
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject:

oh god i am reading bynum is 100% well and ready to go but i seriously think something is wrong. even if the reporter came out in this thread clearly saying he's all right, i still believe something wrong is with bynum, what if he sneeze funny and his knees pop out again laker r dun 4 da year....

oh god, imma have an aneurysm now....
king255
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject:

browser1215 wrote:
oh god i am reading bynum is 100% well and ready to go but i seriously think something is wrong. even if the reporter came out in this thread clearly saying he's all right, i still believe something wrong is with bynum, what if he sneeze funny and his knees pop out again laker r dun 4 da year....

Before he pointed that out, I bet that wasn't the part that you were paying attention to most.
browser1215
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject:

king255 wrote:
browser1215 wrote:

Before he pointed that out, I bet that wasn't the part that you were paying attention to most.

yeah i reading too hard on your superb analysis and ignoring all of emplay's post all while holding to my roof because i think it was falling
Kobezlegit24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Bynum is back!!!!
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject:

emplay wrote:
king - wow - your misinterpretation of what I wrote is staggering.

I think he's still pushing his idea that Bynum should sit for half the season. Nothing about your report was ambiguous, Eric.

Bynum is 100% ready. We got that.

Thanks!

Last edited by LakerJam on Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
king255
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject:

And you did buy into my analysis(in other words, you didn't see that number either), didn't you? Because if you were so insightful, you would have been able to point that figure out yourself.

Also, with all due respect to emplay, how does he know that Bynum is 100%? Based on past examples, NO ONE has ever recovered 100% from arthroscopic surgery in just 4 months. While Bynum's surgery was minor, Kobe's surgery was said to "remove some scar tissues." In fact, most arthroscopic surgery always sound minor from the start(JO's included), and it always gets dragged out and ends up more severe in the end, and some never recover, at least completely, at all, for example, in addition to JO, there's J-Rich, Darius Miles.
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Eric.

Slightly off-topic, any idea or guess when Kobe's going to get his surgery?
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject:

king255 wrote:
And you did buy into my analysis(in other words, you didn't see that number either), didn't you? Because if you were so insightful, you would have been able to point that figure out yourself.

Also, with all due respect to emplay, how does he know that Bynum is 100%? Based on past examples, NO ONE has ever recovered 100% from arthroscopic surgery in just 4 months. While Bynum's surgery was minor, Kobe's surgery was said to "remove some scar tissues." In fact, most arthroscopic surgery always sound minor from the start(JO's included), and it always gets dragged out and ends up more severe in the end, and some never recover, at least completely, at all, for example, in addition to JO, there's J-Rich, Darius Miles.

Keep digging that hole. Eventually everyone will have you on scroll.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject:

king255 wrote:

No offense, but you're seriously being ridiculous. Eric's report was very clear. Look at everyone ELSE's response to it and you can see that you're the only one looking for ways to twist it into something that requires Bynum to sit for a half a year. (Incidentally, this position of your's is very convenient to your other thread where you keep pushing for Andrew to sit out half the year and just train). Beyond that, go check Club Lakers and you will again see fans doing nothing but rejoicing at Eric's report, because it was that clear that Bynum is 100%.

Ultimately, Bynum knows his own body better than you do, and he's stated unequivocally that he's 100% ready to go, and that he's in even better and stronger physical condition now than he was last season, when he was a budding monster.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6
Jump to: