Bynum Declares His Knee 100%
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
king255
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
emplay wrote:
king - wow - your misinterpretation of what I wrote is staggering.

I think he's still pushing his idea that Bynum should sit for half the season. Nothing about your report was ambiguous, Eric.

Bynum is 100% ready. We got that.

Thanks!

You're way off here. If I want Bynum to sit out, it's to sit out and train(if he was healthy), not doing nothing.

And if Bynum is really 100%, then why hasn't Mitch given him that extension already? Why risk alienating your future franchise player any more than necessary?
king255
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Freakout wrote:
king255 wrote:
And you did buy into my analysis(in other words, you didn't see that number either), didn't you? Because if you were so insightful, you would have been able to point that figure out yourself.

Also, with all due respect to emplay, how does he know that Bynum is 100%? Based on past examples, NO ONE has ever recovered 100% from arthroscopic surgery in just 4 months. While Bynum's surgery was minor, Kobe's surgery was said to "remove some scar tissues." In fact, most arthroscopic surgery always sound minor from the start(JO's included), and it always gets dragged out and ends up more severe in the end, and some never recover, at least completely, at all, for example, in addition to JO, there's J-Rich, Darius Miles.

Keep digging that hole. Eventually everyone will have you on scroll.

Go ahead, show me who's recovered from arthroscopic surgery "100%" in just 4 months. I'm using data, whereas all you can do is make irrelevant comments. Right now, all we have is Bynum's words, and obviously, there are reasons to question it.
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject:

let's put it this way

Andrew Bynum, Los Angeles Lakers center, when asked how his knee was at today's press conference answered, "It's 100%"

and move on
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject:

king255 wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
emplay wrote:

I think he's still pushing his idea that Bynum should sit for half the season. Nothing about your report was ambiguous, Eric.

Thanks!

You're way off here. If I want Bynum to sit out, it's to sit out and train(if he was healthy), not doing nothing.

And if Bynum is really 100%, then why hasn't Mitch given him that extension already? Why risk alienating your future franchise player any more than necessary?

Maybe because he wants to see Bynum playing 5 on 5 before he does? The Lakers have until the end of October to get an extension worked out, and it's not going to alienate anyone at all if it takes till then to get done.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject:

king255 wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
emplay wrote:

Thanks!

When you're talking about that kind of big money, you will ALWAYS be prudent and wait to see the player play first. Indeed, Mitch, himself, has said that Bynum showed no ill effects whatsoever from his injury, but that he just needs to see him play basketball first before talking money. That's the position the Lakers have always held and it's the right position to have. That's just smart business involving a huge mutli-million dollar contract.
im_back
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject:

king255 wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
emplay wrote:

Thanks!

what did Kup do last night? maybe AB coming out is kup having him sell us on the idea that he is 100 so he wont be questioned for giving him the max
king255
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
king255 wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
emplay wrote:

Thanks!

Maybe because he wants to see Bynum playing 5 on 5 before he does? The Lakers have until the end of October to get an extension worked out, and it's not going to alienate anyone at all if it takes till then to get done.

So instead of saying let's wait and see if he's really 100% on the court, it's to wait to see him play 5 on 5. If that's your argument, then I guess, I have no rebuttal, since we'll just be going back-and-forth.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject:

Well, 5 on 5 is played on the court and it would indicate if he was 100% or not.

Considering that preseason games are generally 5 on 5 and are played on the court, that would fall under those parameters.
browser1215
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject:

hello I am doubting thomas (king255), I need to feel Jesus'(Bynum) wounds in order to believe he is really 100% alive.
king255
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Well, when the data is in my favor, then I have reasons to be skeptical. Are there different degrees of arthroscopic surgery where the recovery time(to 100%) could be 4 months or less? Possibly. However, I haven't seen such a case yet(and this is a very common surgery), therefore I have to assume that Bynum's recovery will take longer, especially when there's evidence that he's a slow healer.
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject:

"there's evidence that he's a slow healer" - evidence is factual - and that's simply not the case - that's a subjective determination based on a singular injury - and the interpretation of his recovery - how quickly it should have taken - is subjective

100% recovery from arthroscopic surgery could be 4-6 weeks - 2 months - 3 months - or longer - it completely varies
browser1215
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Emplay, please bring Bynum's knee for king255's examination. After his through examination, we can then officially call him 100%, ok? He has data and evidence on his side!
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject:

BTW, his Halo SN is AndrewBynumXT
RealityCheck
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject:

emplay wrote:

Thanks for responding to the King - at first I thought I might be the only one wondering how he reached his conclusions.

Great Update!
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject:

RealityCheck wrote:
emplay wrote:

Thanks for responding to the King - at first I thought I might be the only one wondering how he reached his conclusions.

Great Update!

Well, if you're like me and you live in a shack in Montana, walls covered in news clippings, bits of string linking them together in John Nash fashion (A Beautiful Mind), it's hard not to see how Bynum is doomed to reinjure himself and that he should be held out for the rest of his career to avoid that fate.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
king255
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject:

emplay wrote:
"there's evidence that he's a slow healer" - evidence is factual - and that's simply not the case - that's a subjective determination based on a singular injury - and the interpretation of his recovery - how quickly it should have taken - is subjective

100% recovery from arthroscopic surgery could be 4-6 weeks - 2 months - 3 months - or longer - it completely varies

Well, it depends on what you meant by 100% here. JO was supposedly healed after 4-6 weeks, yet his statistical production suggested nothing of the sort.
japanesebeef1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Scherm wrote:
Sounds pretty disgruntled to me. I think I'll alert Hacksaw.

Hot of the wire . . . Hacksaw's headlines!

lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject:

king255 wrote:
Well, when the data is in my favor, then I have reasons to be skeptical. Are there different degrees of arthroscopic surgery where the recovery time(to 100%) could be 4 months or less? Possibly. However, I haven't seen such a case yet(and this is a very common surgery), therefore I have to assume that Bynum's recovery will take longer, especially when there's evidence that he's a slow healer.

your being skeptical doesnt concern everyone. it only concerns you. i for 1 am going to sleep good and expect to have a good season. if you worry that bynum's knee isnt right and lose sleep over it, more power to you. it doesnt matter if the stars, moon, & sun arent lined up right for you, in the end he's going to do well. feel as uncomfortable about it as you want but you'll be miserable all by yourself.
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject:

king255 is taking a little break from LG.

Let's try to move on.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject:

uberzev wrote:

Let's try to move on.

Training until the All-Star break?
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject:

uberzev wrote:

Let's try to move on.

ok. no more controversy
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
BTW, his Halo SN is AndrewBynumXT
the more i read, i question the sincerity. i'm thinking of a missing poster from last season who's sincerity i also questioned and wonder if the screen name changed. i'm not going to focus on it though. i'm going to be a good little lakers fan and stay positive.
RealityCheck
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject:

king255 wrote:
emplay wrote:

Well, it depends on what you meant by 100% here. JO was supposedly healed after 4-6 weeks, yet his statistical production suggested nothing of the sort.

Its probably flattering to the surgeon/hospital to be able to bill the out patient work as "surgery". The procedure sounded similar to the clean-up work frequently done on players during the off-season:

The Lakers said the procedure will entail a cleanup of some rough spots and fraying on the underside of Bynum's kneecap.

I believe we would have a greater basis for concern if we were discussing liament or cartilage damages. Even then, after arthroscopic surgery an ace bandage is applied and rehab is started within days to avoid muscle atrophy. [I have no medical expertise, but I did have arthroscopic out-patient surgery performed on my knee for cartilage and liament damages. Thanks for the concern - the knee is find, and NO the fate of the Lakers season did not rest in the balance.]
10scott10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
uberzev wrote:

Let's try to move on.

Training until the All-Star break?

i was just about to ask that
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject:

comparing Bynum to Jermaine O'Neal

Let's hope not - but maybe just a little premature, no?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6
Jump to: