Official MMA thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 422, 423, 424 ... 497, 498, 499  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
That was Yamasaki again??! I was wondering why they kept letting her get hit with no interference smh

I feel sorry for Anders tonight. I thought he won rounds 2,3,&4. But in Brazil they’re gonna give machida the edge

Yep, another Yamasaki special. I'm going to dig up a torrent since I didn't catch it but over on reddit they're saying the other girl tapped earlier and par for the course, Yamasaki didn't see it.

230-3 in strikes. Dude....

Yeah! Look at this! https://twitter.com/stipemiocicufc/status/960057610325159936

That was absolutely brutal and while Yamasaki deserves to be put into a crucifix and beaten mercilessly for 5 minutes himself, what is up with her corner? Yamasaki is supposed to be incompetent but her corner is supposed to care for her and, in large part, be responsible for her.

That poor girl may never be the same.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
That was Yamasaki again??! I was wondering why they kept letting her get hit with no interference smh

I feel sorry for Anders tonight. I thought he won rounds 2,3,&4. But in Brazil they’re gonna give machida the edge

Yep, another Yamasaki special. I'm going to dig up a torrent since I didn't catch it but over on reddit they're saying the other girl tapped earlier and par for the course, Yamasaki didn't see it.

Yeah! Look at this! https://twitter.com/stipemiocicufc/status/960057610325159936

That was absolutely brutal and while Yamasaki deserves to be put into a crucifix and beaten mercilessly for 5 minutes himself, what is up with her corner? Yamasaki is supposed to be incompetent but her corner is supposed to care for her and, in large part, be responsible for her.

You’re absolutely right man. They should have been doing something. Can a corner throw in the towel in mma?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:

You’re absolutely right man. They should have been doing something. Can a corner throw in the towel in mma?

I checked the rules and there are a couple of examples of corners doing that (Diaz's corner vs. Thompson / Smolka vs. Nguyen) but I know that the Diaz fight was just about to be stopped when Nick threw it in.

It's a universal signal of surrender so I'm sure that even a thick dumbass like Yamasaki would've gotten the memo. If there were any rule against it, I'm sure the UFC would have forgone any infractions because anyone with a positive IQ saw that fight should have been stopped.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:33 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:

I checked the rules and there are a couple of examples of corners doing that (Diaz's corner vs. Thompson / Smolka vs. Nguyen) but I know that the Diaz fight was just about to be stopped when Nick threw it in.

It's a universal signal of surrender so I'm sure that even a thick dumbass like Yamasaki would've gotten the memo. If there were any rule against it, I'm sure the UFC would have forgone any infractions because anyone with a positive IQ saw that fight should have been stopped.

Good research GTR!
Fighters and Dana White's reaction to Yamasaki's referring after saturday.

One fighter even tweeted about throwing in the towel
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/FloydMayweather/status/959597170813845505

noooooo!!!!!
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:42 pm    Post subject:

i wanna see mcgregor vs Khabib in russia. talk about rocky 4.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
i wanna see mcgregor vs Khabib in russia. talk about rocky 4.

Same, but it likely won't happen. at least not for a while if there's any truth to these Floyd Vs McGregor in UFC rumors. McGregor could make stupid money again for an easy fight. No way he chooses getting mauled by Khabib over that
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject:

Rockhold vs Romero tonight!

Romero didn’t make weight (took the fight on short notice) so he is ineligible to win the interim title and any fight bonuses. He’ll also have to give some of his purse to Luke too. But if he wins he’ll be the #1 contender
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Curtis razor blaydes with an impressive comeback over mark hunt! Crowd was not happy about it though 😂😂
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:24 pm    Post subject:

my goodness the Cuban Missile just knocked Lucas into next week

Sheesh
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Lawd have mercy...

Is it me or does Rockhold not look the same in his last few fights? He was so dynamic and athletic. He has looked plodding in his 3. Too much celebirty lifestyle in his life? Ain't easy being a model.

Whittacker handily beat this beast with a torn MCL and couldn't even be taken down by an Olympian wrestler. Man, wish it was Bobby Knuckles tonight..love that kid.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Lawd have mercy...

Is it me or does Rockhold not look the same in his last few fights? He was so dynamic and athletic. He has looked plodding in his 3. Too much celebirty lifestyle in his life? Ain't easy being a model.

Whittacker handily beat this beast with a torn MCL and couldn't even be taken down by an Olympian wrestler. Man, wish it was Bobby Knuckles tonight..love that kid.

Yeah Rockhold looks like a point fighter to me. That’s the best way I can put it. None of his punches have any steam on them. No aggression.

I’ve always heard how good he is but never been able to see it since I started following MMA, I think he’s officially on the decline
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject:

Wow Romero said he broke his leg in round 1 😳
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Too much celebirty lifestyle in his life? Ain't easy being a model.

I think this is it, in very large part if not completely.

That is one exceedingly self-exalted guy. Arrogance personified. Sure pathway to being humbled. His face and reaction immediately after the fight said it all. Hopefully this makes him a better person outside the octagon because it’s looking like his better days inside of it are behind.

Seems to me that this only shows that Whitaker is on a different level. Can’t see a middleweight in the rankings that looks like a formidable challenge to his throne if healthy. Perhaps Darren Till goes up to face him?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:50 am    Post subject:

What did y’all think about the ending to that Jeremy Stephens and Josh Emmett fight?!
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
What did y’all think about the ending to that Jeremy Stephens and Josh Emmett fight?!

Stephens would have won but Dominick was being such a homer saying those weren't illegal strikes. Clear elbows to the back of the head and the knee was questionable too. The first elbow, I'll grant him since Emmitt turned into it but the others...come on Dom. I know he's your boy but really? Legal?
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject:

Emmitt was beaten, no need to micro manage every little aspect of it..
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject:

bahahahah it was fun to hear DC, Cruz, and Bisping going at it after the fight LOL
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:

Stephens would have won but Dominick was being such a homer saying those weren't illegal strikes. Clear elbows to the back of the head and the knee was questionable too. The first elbow, I'll grant him since Emmitt turned into it but the others...come on Dom. I know he's your boy but really? Legal?

Just loses all credibility with that stuff. Because if it had happened the other way, he'd have been up in arms. Just silly, silly stuff.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:

Just loses all credibility with that stuff. Because if it had happened the other way, he'd have been up in arms. Just silly, silly stuff.

It's really hard for these fighters to be impartial when they're behind that analyst desk

The Kevin Lee/Tony Ferguson incident comes to mind lol
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:30 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:

The Kevin Lee/Tony Ferguson incident comes to mind lol

The height of professional journalism for sure. Funny as hell but definitely bootleg nonetheless.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Johnny Bones found guilty of PED use.

Fined 200K

Fighting License Revoked.

He can re-apply in March 2019.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:44 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:

Fined 200K

He can reapply in August I believe. The 1 year suspension is retroactive.

Need me som Jonny Bones!
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:

Fined 200K

Need me som Jonny Bones!

Thank you for the correction, brotha!

Freaking Ariel ... haha

He still has to go through USADA too but maybe that's just a formality at this point?

You think he was duped by someone in his camp holding a protein shaker?
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:

Fined 200K

Need me som Jonny Bones!

Thank you for the correction, brotha!

Freaking Ariel ... haha

He still has to go through USADA too but maybe that's just a formality at this point?

You think he was duped by someone in his camp holding a protein shaker?

I listened to the Podcast on Rogan with Jeff Novitzky (the main USADA sleuth). They brought up the fact that a lot of drugs/supplements are mixed in big vats over in China. There's a possibility that they made a batch of roids, didn't thoroughly clean the vats and mixed in say some coke. We all know how much Bones loves to party.

Novitzky of all people was saying that the fact that the steroid Jones was caught quickly leaves your system meant it made little sense that such trace amounts that were found at the weigh in while the samples taken a few days before and after passed. He literally had no benefit from it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 422, 423, 424 ... 497, 498, 499  Next
Page 423 of 499
Jump to: