Official MMA thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 436, 437, 438 ... 497, 498, 499  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:28 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:
Lol did y’all see dude that knocked himself out with the slam? Lol

No. Link?

Bro it’s wild

https://twitter.com/ufc/status/1002692438132047872?s=21

Dayum.

Hate to find such humor in another person’s agony but I’d be surprised if there wasn’t a “it was at this moment, he knew he effed up,” gif already up.

Last edited by Gimme_the_rock on Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:31 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
The sound of that head kick. Shinbone to the dome is basically like getting hit by a bat.

Deadly sounding stuff for sure.

Am I reaching to say Marlon looks juiced to the gills? It’s not so much his body type but that switch quick was delivered in a blink. Am I just saying this because he’s Brazilian?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:
Lol did y’all see dude that knocked himself out with the slam? Lol

No. Link?

Bro it’s wild

https://twitter.com/ufc/status/1002692438132047872?s=21

Dayum.

Hate to find such humor in another person’s agony but I’d be surprised if there wasn’t a “it was at this moment, he knew he effed up,” gif already up.

Bahahahah!! Tell me why I had that exact quote in my head?! I also felt bad for him too

@JB, Mo, GtR - yes the sound was NASTY. I can only imagine how much worse it sounded in person.

GtR o don’t think you’re crazy to think he might be juicing. That switch was so fast i didn’t even realize it was a switch until Florian said it. They I played it back in slow motion on Twitter and saw the switch. Straight up lethal.

He’s either incredibly skilled or juicing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Also, just announced today, yair rodriguez byke and booked to fight Zabit at UFC 228
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Also, just announced today, yair rodriguez byke and booked to fight Zabit at UFC 228

Well that was quick.

Seemed like a quick trigger squeeze given all the fighters that have been avoiding opponents/fights and other selective sandbagging that’s been going on.

Good and bad for Yair.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject:

I've loved watching Ben Saunders fight for quite some time, that knee to the liver was awesome.

But 4 or 5 fights ago his opponent took Ben down, only to have Ben lock him up with some sort of knee/leg choke, then Ben proceeded to split the guys' head open with dozens of vicious elbows, blood was everywhere...

UFC it's Fantastic...!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

Well that was quick.

Seemed like a quick trigger squeeze given all the fighters that have been avoiding opponents/fights and other selective sandbagging that’s been going on.

Good and bad for Yair.

Is this gonna be the first real test for Zabit?

In the Bochniak fight I thought he was obviously highly skilled but he lacked power. Don’t know if the broken hand had an effect on that.

@Unleashed - can you believe that was my first time watching Saunders fight?

I think has been a professional since the ufc began lol
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject:

https://streamable.com/nfiam

Behind the scenes of Till’s weight cut. Absolutely brutal. At one point he lost his vision.

Dude should really consider just jumping to 185
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:04 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

Well that was quick.

Good and bad for Yair.

In the Bochniak fight I thought he was obviously highly skilled but he lacked power. Don’t know if the broken hand had an effect on that.

Zabit is going to tool Yair.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:07 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

Well that was quick.

Good and bad for Yair.

Agree.

That’s what I meant by “good and bad for Yair.”

Good he gets to stay in the UFC ($) and bad that he gets to stay in the UFC (Zabit).
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

Well that was quick.

Good and bad for Yair.

Agree.

That’s what I meant by “good and bad for Yair.”

Good he gets to stay in the UFC ($) and bad that he gets to stay in the UFC (Zabit).

Yair bout to be a big time underdog in this one hahah

Dang this 145lb division has some good lanky fighters!

Ortega
Holloway
Zabit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Just trying to watch embedded and countdown, but Colby is so cringe it makes it hard man lol
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:50 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Just trying to watch embedded and countdown, but Colby is so cringe it makes it hard man lol

He better win because he absolutely stunk in the trash game from the moment he decided to pipe up that way and now he's already running out of steam. He's gone from annoying to sad/pathetic at the speed of sound. Last stop for him is getting ghosted altogether.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

He better win because he absolutely stunk in the trash game from the moment he decided to pipe up that way and now he's already running out of steam. He's gone from annoying to sad/pathetic at the speed of sound. Last stop for him is getting ghosted altogether.

Exactly, I dont see how he recovers if he loses. His character is way different than Sonnen's or McGregor's. Theirs they could lose a match and be humble and bounce back. I don't see how Colby does that
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

Exactly, I dont see how he recovers if he loses. His character is way different than Sonnen's or McGregor's. Theirs they could lose a match and be humble and bounce back. I don't see how Colby does that

It's charisma and it can't be taught. Conor/Chael talks (bleep) but the audience laughs with them and more time than naught, the opponent even acknowledges the humor in their jabs.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

It's charisma and it can't be taught. Conor/Chael talks (bleep) but the audience laughs with them and more time than naught, the opponent even acknowledges the humor in their jabs.

x1000

No charm, no wit, no presence, no originality. That shot of him at the press conference in his suit, arms wide open, facing the crowd with his fat tongue out is just unshakable because everyone keeps showing it over and over.

He's on borrowed time.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject:

Romero misses weight, weighs in at 186.0

Given two hours to lose the final pound.

Manager claims he was forced to weigh in by the commisioner 1 hour into it. Weighs 185.2 lbs

Not allowed anymore opportunities to weigh in.

Who knows what's gonna happen now. SMH UFC has got to figure out their weight cutting issue
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:

Manager claims he was forced to weigh in by the commisioner 1 hour into it. Weighs 185.2 lbs

Who knows what's gonna happen now. SMH UFC has got to figure out their weight cutting issue

I'm not understanding the bold. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, check your PM's homey.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

Here you go GtR

Quote:
Ariel Helwani

Verified account

@arielhelwani
3h3 hours ago
More
Just spoke to Yoel Romero’s manager Abraham Kawa. He said an hour into the extra 2 hours they had to cut the one pound, the exec. director of the Illinois Commission told Romero to stop the cut and weigh in.

Quote:
Ariel Helwani

Verified account

@arielhelwani
3h3 hours ago
More
They were told it was a medical call, though they said a doctor was w/ them and wasn’t stopping it, though that doctor couldn’t overrule the head the commission. It took them a while to get downstairs but they firmly believe if given the full 2 hours he would have made it.

Quote:
Ariel Helwani

Verified account

@arielhelwani
3h3 hours ago
More
In fact, he said his team believes all he needed was five more minutes. They have yet to be given an official reason as to why it was called off an hour early. As for Romero’s state, Kawa said, “I was scared for him in Australia, I wasn’t scared for him today.” They are upset.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

Here you go GtR

Quote:
Ariel Helwani

Verified account

@arielhelwani
3h3 hours ago
More
Just spoke to Yoel Romero’s manager Abraham Kawa. He said an hour into the extra 2 hours they had to cut the one pound, the exec. director of the Illinois Commission told Romero to stop the cut and weigh in.

Quote:
Ariel Helwani

Verified account

@arielhelwani
3h3 hours ago
More
They were told it was a medical call, though they said a doctor was w/ them and wasn’t stopping it, though that doctor couldn’t overrule the head the commission. It took them a while to get downstairs but they firmly believe if given the full 2 hours he would have made it.

Quote:
Ariel Helwani

Verified account

@arielhelwani
3h3 hours ago
More
In fact, he said his team believes all he needed was five more minutes. They have yet to be given an official reason as to why it was called off an hour early. As for Romero’s state, Kawa said, “I was scared for him in Australia, I wasn’t scared for him today.” They are upset.

Thank you my brotha. That was perfect.

So, I guess the bout just gets bumped to non-title-fight status?

I know we've been harping on it but this is a real problem.

I followed boxing for years and I honestly can't remember this happening at all in any big fights. Odd.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:

Thank you my brotha. That was perfect.

So, I guess the bout just gets bumped to non-title-fight status?

I know we've been harping on it but this is a real problem.

I followed boxing for years and I honestly can't remember this happening at all in any big fights. Odd.

Yup, def has to be a non-title bout now. Here's the latest:

Quote:
Ariel Helwani

Verified account

@arielhelwani
11m11 minutes ago
More
Ceremonial weigh-ins start in less than an hour, yet an official call hasn’t been made on the Whittaker-Romero fight yet, multiple sources say. Latest I heard is UFC and Romero’s camp are still going back and forth as we type.

And you're absolutely right something has to change. Why would anyone buy a PPV other than minutes before the main card starts now? Things get cancelled way too often.

And I wonder if Romero even takes the fight. He can't win the belt. So even if he won he'd have to fight Whittaker again. Then again he doesn't really have any other options unless he wants to move up to 205. This is a disater for him.

They should have just rounded down the 0.2 lol
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:59 am    Post subject:

One time missing weight and you can probably defend it. It's really a tough thing to do, but multiple instances say one of two things really. You're either making a cut that's too drastic and you shouldn't be fighting at that weight class, or you're just unprofessional.

Let down again for Romero, hopefully for the fans this fight still goes ahead, but would be the ultimate douche move if Romero now won't fight because he can't win the belt.

Also hoping for RDA to humble Covington in brutal fashion tonight.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject:

CM Punk was embarrassed tonight. UFC needs to tell him to go away.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
CM Punk was embarrassed tonight. UFC needs to tell him to go away.

One of these days he's gonna realize that he had a good thing going in the WWE.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:41 am    Post subject:

Thought the event was a bit of a let down. Covington vs RDA was so boring, I hate when all one person does is try to push the other against the fence, and for 5 rounds it becomes incredibly tedious.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 436, 437, 438 ... 497, 498, 499  Next
Page 437 of 499
Jump to: