Official MMA thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 442, 443, 444 ... 497, 498, 499  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:09 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:

No way on merit alone should DC be fighting Corey Anderson next haha. But he needs to preserve being champ champ before he fights Brock

Yeah, I'm not exactly sure what to say about that. I actually had forgotten that I even heard about it. Although, I don't know if it's been announced officially. Just the two fighters agreeing to it. Whatever the case may be, you're spot on. DC went form calling out Shogun to accepting Anderson, all while slamming the door in Gus's poor face.

This weekend's Fox card looks good.
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject:

Renzo Gracie is awesome.

https://www.facebook.com/Fightflix1/videos/1677721588993020/
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

No way on merit alone should DC be fighting Corey Anderson next haha. But he needs to preserve being champ champ before he fights Brock

Yeah, I'm not exactly sure what to say about that. I actually had forgotten that I even heard about it. Although, I don't know if it's been announced officially. Just the two fighters agreeing to it. Whatever the case may be, you're spot on. DC went form calling out Shogun to accepting Anderson, all while slamming the door in Gus's poor face.

This weekend's Fox card looks good.

True it's not booked yet.

DC better hope USADA doesn't give Bones the Silva treatment or he will have a big risk on his hands. DC vs JBJ part 3: winner gets Brock

Yes, if I'm free I'm watching the card this weekend!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:15 pm    Post subject:

ChickenBeckerman wrote:
Renzo Gracie is awesome.

Still choking muthas out.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:31 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Mike Perry fights at 170 and look how Costa looks next to him.

Yeah totally natural vascularity...nothing suspicious there...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlowkBHgKya/?hl=en&taken-by=platinummikeperry

Wow.

I need to be educated. Costa is obviously not on that Rashard Lewis or Turkoglu. Even JBJ and Anderson Silva looked like their respective prescriptions were built more for function rather than show.

So, unless it’s solely related to body type and how the pairing of the two matches up, why would Costa’s people continue this play with such an obvious give? It looks like muscle is a second away from erupting through skin. And what does this say about USADA, let alone the UFC?

There are some pretty big loopholes. For example, you can be "out of town" for a few weeks...say going on vacation. If you use a PED that can get out of your system...there you go. There is a podcast out there with Whittaker and Mark Hunt where Bobby Knuckles explained the various ways guys can still game the system.

You simply can NOT do the amount of cardio required between rolling and training stand up on a daily basis and still maintain that kind of size and vascularity. The amount of lifting to get that jacked requires a dedicated regime. No chance you're doing that natty.

For what it's worth...*ahem* I might have been given some tainted supplements in the past and no joke...after doing my lift session, I felt like I could run a marathon. Take that for what you will...
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Mike Perry fights at 170 and look how Costa looks next to him.

Yeah totally natural vascularity...nothing suspicious there...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlowkBHgKya/?hl=en&taken-by=platinummikeperry

Wow.

I need to be educated. Costa is obviously not on that Rashard Lewis or Turkoglu. Even JBJ and Anderson Silva looked like their respective prescriptions were built more for function rather than show.

So, unless it’s solely related to body type and how the pairing of the two matches up, why would Costa’s people continue this play with such an obvious give? It looks like muscle is a second away from erupting through skin. And what does this say about USADA, let alone the UFC?

There are some pretty big loopholes. For example, you can be "out of town" for a few weeks...say going on vacation. If you use a PED that can get out of your system...there you go. There is a podcast out there with Whittaker and Mark Hunt where Bobby Knuckles explained the various ways guys can still game the system.

You simply can NOT do the amount of cardio required between rolling and training stand up on a daily basis and still maintain that kind of size and vascularity. The amount of lifting to get that jacked requires a dedicated regime. No chance you're doing that natty.

For what it's worth...*ahem* I might have been given some tainted supplements in the past and no joke...after doing my lift session, I felt like I could run a marathon. Take that for what you will...

Thanks JB!

That makes complete sense. Especially with the cardio aspect in view. I take it that’s why Vitor would always gas out in the early days?

That returns me to my OG question though, why would Costa’s team take such an obvious route?

And thanks for sharing about your experience with tainted dick pills. Lol
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
ChickenBeckerman wrote:
Renzo Gracie is awesome.

Yep. Textbook Jiujitsu. Yuki Kondo is no joke either.

Best way for Renzo to retire from MMA.
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:24 am    Post subject:

that whole OneFc card was great. Gary Tonon had a good competitive match against a game opponent. Another couple of wins vs high ranked comp could set up the superfight with Ben Askren.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject:

ChickenBeckerman wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
ChickenBeckerman wrote:
Renzo Gracie is awesome.

Yep. Textbook Jiujitsu. Yuki Kondo is no joke either.

Best way for Renzo to retire from MMA.

No doubt. Was looking through his ridiculous record and the guy has been in there with quite a few UFC all-timers. Agree with you on Renzo too.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Tecia should have abandoned her takedown strategy by the 2nd round. Close the distance exchange in the close range like she did at the end of the second. Easy win for JJ
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Oh man...Jose...
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject:

That body shot saved Jose Aldo's career
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:44 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
That body shot saved Jose Aldo's career

Yeah, I thought he was in a world of trouble. Stevens hit him with some flush shots and he's got some serious KO power. Really shows what a deadly left Conor has to put him to sleep with a single kill shot.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Main event delivered as well!
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:15 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:

For sure. Really glad Dustin got the W. Alvarez cheated several times. Besides the 12-6 elbow, he grabbed the fence when Dustin was trying to sink in the choke one occasion and fish-hooked his ear to boot.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:

For sure. Really glad Dustin got the W. Alvarez cheated several times. Besides the 12-6 elbow, he grabbed the fence when Dustin was trying to sink in the choke one occasion and fish-hooked his ear to boot.

Yup! The very definition of cheaters never prosper!
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject:

Alvarez is a Dirty fighter and can’t help himself.

Found if a bit poetic that his illegal moves helped him early and cost him late and especially that Poirier got a nice legal knee on his opponent during the finishing scrum.

Anyone else seeing an increasing amount of luster falling off of Joanna? Meaning, two years ago, there’s no way she attempts to clinch a fighter (although a game one) of Torres’ stature after only one cleanly landed punch. And I thought Tecia had fallen under a bit of the intimidation factor that the former champ normally benefits from. Maybe I’m not giving Tecia enough credit but I just think she’s several notches below and still could have made a more game go of it if she would have aborted the stubborn but ineffectual clinching. Maybe that had an effect on Joanna’s motor too. All I know is I think people are sensing that, while her punches are crisp, there’s not really any TNT in either hand. Couple that with the fact that she’s been easier to engage at closer range and easier to hit and I think she may be in for some give and take wars from here on out.

Although it doesn’t really do much for the top of the division to see Jose re-emerge, I was kind of glad to see Da Fook get some humble comeuppance. He was kind of annoying me recently with his arrogance.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Right again on all counts GTR!

I think it may be time for JJ (who is becoming increasingly annoying) to move up. On the embedded vids she was talking about how she has more power at 125. I’d like to see if that’s the case. I thought the same thing that Tecia had a dumb strategy and stubbornly stuck to it. Didn’t look like JJ could really hurt her. Maybe she did just give her too much respect.

Yeah Stephens really started to toot his own horn a lot especially when T-City refused the fight.

They’re saying Aldo may move up to 155. I think he will unless someone dethrones Max.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Lightweight division is so stacked right now.

Conor, Khabib, Tony, Kevin Lee, Poirier, Alvarez. Throw in Max and Ortega when they eventually move up in weight. That's arguably the most stacked lineup of guys that are in their primes or entering it. I'm sure there are a few other monsters I'm missing too.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Don’t forget Khabibs understudy who just won last too. Could be a problem in the future
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Don’t forget Khabibs understudy who just won last too. Could be a problem in the future

Must have missed the fight..who is this?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:22 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:

Must have missed the fight..who is this?

Warning: watch this video with the sound on mute lol

He submitted Kajan Johnson the guy who’ll played the prank on Dana during the weigh ins. Khabib cornered him this fight. After the win he called out Brock Lesnar hahah
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Lightweight division is so stacked right now.

Conor, Khabib, Tony, Kevin Lee, Poirier, Alvarez. Throw in Max and Ortega when they eventually move up in weight. That's arguably the most stacked lineup of guys that are in their primes or entering it. I'm sure there are a few other monsters I'm missing too.

It really is crazy loaded. And, I think you're right. It's historically stacked. Makes all the other divisions look a little paltry to be honest. The guys looking to fight for the strap are going to be in for some brutal affairs. Good news is that we get to watch the blood bath as they all sort it out.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:10 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:

I think it may be time for JJ (who is becoming increasingly annoying) to move up.

Man, you've never been more right on a point. She is an absolute blathering and self-centered mess right now. She sounds cuckoo. I've got no medical degree but some meds may be in order soon. She just doesn't sound rational at any point. Maybe it's just manic obsessiveness over losing the belt (and especially to Rose)? All the things she mentions as motivators, look to me like they’re actually working against her. I'm starting to think she's shook. We'll see. But, either way, she's grating.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

I think it may be time for JJ (who is becoming increasingly annoying) to move up.

Man, you've never been more right on a point. She is an absolute blathering and self-centered mess right now. She sounds cuckoo. I've got no medical degree but some meds may be in order soon. She just doesn't sound rational at any point. Maybe it's just manic obsessiveness over losing the belt (and especially to Rose)? All the things she mentions as motivators, look to me like they’re actually working against her. I'm starting to think she's shook. We'll see. But, either way, she's grating.

Heard Bisping say Valentina already beat Joanna 3 times in kickboxing so she might be scared to move up. That's might be an interesting angle for the UFC to play. JJ as the underdog. I think Bullet is going to destroy nico montana in september lol
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 442, 443, 444 ... 497, 498, 499  Next
Page 443 of 499
Jump to: