Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 454, 455, 456 ... 497, 498, 499  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
@gregbeacham

Dana White says the 3 guys from Khabib's camp who were detained by police were released because Conor refused to press charges.

Quote:
@gregbeacham

The Nevada Athletic Commission is withholding Khabib's purse while it investigates, Dana White says.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:42 pm    Post subject:

Khabib by mauling.

What happened after was bad just like the bus incident. Khabib going after Conor’s camp and Khabibs camp jumpin in the octagon and fighting Conor.

Those of us that have been in this thread awhile knew that the bus incident would result in real consequences.

To Conor and his team this is all promotion. To Khabib it’s real life. Talking about a guy who grew up in a third world country.

Somebody could get killed in this beef. And that’s sad.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:59 pm    Post subject:

Also shocked Khabib rocked Conor with that overhand right!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:06 pm    Post subject:

I thought Khabib was better than that melee. He could face some real consequences for that. The fight went as many expected. Thought Conor defended better than expected, but outside of the third round, Khabib owned the fight. Conor needs to take a long look at himself and quit believing his own hype. He needs to fight to stay sharp or get out of the game. Khabib us exactly what he is cracked up to be, an unstoppable force of nature. He had better hope that the commission goes easy on him. Dana said that the Governor was in attendance and had to run out of the building. Not a good sign.
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:13 pm    Post subject:

Just watched the POST CONFERENCE, I thought it was interesting Tony Ferguson saying he took the Kobe Bryant approach in terms of coming back from injury and training hard to be the best he could be.

jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:16 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Khabib by mauling.

What happened after was bad just like the bus incident. Khabib going after Conor’s camp and Khabibs camp jumpin in the octagon and fighting Conor.

Those of us that have been in this thread awhile knew that the bus incident would result in real consequences.

To Conor and his team this is all promotion. To Khabib it’s real life. Talking about a guy who grew up in a third world country.

I'm from a 3rd world country and I don't have that warped sense of honor. There's a VERY un-PC take I could give on this.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:17 pm    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
Just watched the POST CONFERENCE, I thought it was interesting Tony Ferguson saying he took the Kobe Bryant approach in terms of coming back from injury and training hard to be the best he could be.

He's an OC guy. Think he lives in Garden Grove of all places.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:32 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/AhmadAlobaid/status/1048826545006108672

Here is different look at Conor in the octagon during the chaos. Looks like he tried to jump the cage to get to where Khabib was. Also near 40 seconds into the video it looks like he takes the first punch at Khabib's team. Maybe part of the reason why he didn't press charges when 3 of them attacked him.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:34 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:

Finally watched it. This night was a gargantuan loss for Conor. And nothing exemplified how bad quite like a known poor-to-average striker that Mac had relentlessly mocked, rocking him. It was like Conor was never really in this fight. He landed some shots in the third when both fighters were pretty well spent but all the snap and power that he’s famous for was gone. Scoring blows for sure but just sapped of his super natural pop. Michael Johnson hit Khabib harder. Conor did fight valiantly on the floor, although he was cheating like a New England Patriot, but that’s all he could really do: bide time.

I expect Khabib to have the book (figuratively) thrown at him. And he deserves it. He lost a ton of potential dollars and fans tonight.

Those two punk ass cowards that cold cocked Conor deserve everything they have coming.
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:58 pm    Post subject:

That's what Conor and his team get for talking (bleep). And the guy Khabib jumped at is Dillon Danis a well known BJJ guy who was talking all sorts of stuff. When you start going personal at someone's religion, family, ethnicity, country, it gets personal. And these guys from Russia don't play around.

Khabib was wrong to do what he did, and he will get rightly punished, but this is a blood sport and these guys get paid to punch people in the face for a living. He showed that he was human.

This sums up what a lot of people are saying about Conor and his team:

OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:12 am    Post subject:

Conor's smack talking is what sold the fight. I am not personally a fan of sh talk and wish it was not part of modern sports, but do you really think Khabib sitting there stoically is what made the fight a big deal? I have rooted against Conor in most of his fights, but Khabib should be thanking the guy he just mauled. I think Khabib's previous PPV best was 350,000.
Just to make my view clear. There is no excuse, no insult, no trash talking in the world that justifies leaving the cage to attack someone. It was a chump move and could cost him more than money. It certainly cost him my respect.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:30 am    Post subject:

Shameful from Khabib. Overshadows an unbelievable performance and demonstrates a lack of self control. I agree that a lot of the trash talk went too far when it became so personal and about family and religion, but still those are words, sticks and stones... Khabib had pretty much taken the whole I’m gonna do my taking in the octagon approach leading up to, he’d taken care of business, no need to do anything else other than enjoy your victory.

Is it now time to finally agree that Conor was overrated? Besides a quick win over Aldo that you could even call a lucky shot, he’s never really beaten anyone decent, unless you include a very young Holloway who is nothing like he is now.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:43 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
Khabib by mauling.

I'm from a 3rd world country and I don't have that warped sense of honor. There's a VERY un-PC take I could give on this.

Right I get that JB but you know what I mean. I’m not saying everyone from a a 3rd world country would react the same way.

If you combined the fact that Khabib comes from a place where people die everyday in very harsh conditions and his pride/familial/religious values that were attacked it was easy to see where this was headed. And it could still get much darker for all involved.

To Conor and crew it’s a game to promote a fight. To these dudes where Khabib comes from fighting is a way of life.

Was it right? Hell no. Even Khabib admitted to that after when he said his dad will smash him for it.

Sometimes when you mess with the bull you get the horns. I hope Conor knows that now or this will get uglier
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:49 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

Finally watched it. This night was a gargantuan loss for Conor. And nothing exemplified how bad quite like a known poor-to-average striker that Mac had relentlessly mocked, rocking him. It was like Conor was never really in this fight. He landed some shots in the third when both fighters were pretty well spent but all the snap and power that he’s famous for was gone. Scoring blows for sure but just sapped of his super natural pop. Michael Johnson hit Khabib harder. Conor did fight valiantly on the floor, although he was cheating like a New England Patriot, but that’s all he could really do: bide time.

I expect Khabib to have the book (figuratively) thrown at him. And he deserves it. He lost a ton of potential dollars and fans tonight.

Those two punk ass cowards that cold cocked Conor deserve everything they have coming.

Yup GtR!! I was also shocked Conor was able to make it out of the second! He was taking some bombs lol.

Where does he go from here? I’m thinking Diaz part 3 or the circus fight of him vs Silva. He won’t have to worry about wrestling in either bout and maybe he can find his groove again. I was shocked at how little movement we saw from Conor. Seemed like his game plane was to stuff the takedowns rather than evade and strike.

I would love to finally see Khabib vs Ferguson but Khabib screwed himself for awhile on that one! LOL

The Ferguson/Pettis fight was fireworks the whole 2 rounds!!

And how the hell did the black beast pull that off?!! Insanity tonight!
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:05 am    Post subject:

"I come for smash this guy"

He smashed Conor alright.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:31 am    Post subject:

Mo, I get you’re point about Conor’s true status. But, to be fair, I don’t think we’ve ever seen anyone piece up Eddie Alvarez like Conor did. Alvarez is a warrior who we’ve seen just won’t stop coming forward and landing bombs of his own until he wins or falls on his shield and Conor made him look like absolute amateur hour. So, I will say this, while Conor was overrated by some (I think people really bought into the “Mystic Mac” aura—myself included) he was simultaneously underrated by others.

Also, I do take into account the 2 year absence from the octagon, the fact that styles make fights and that he just fought a dude with a super human ground game that’s never lost a round. Furthermore, I don’t like to kick a man while he’s down. He actually did better on the ground than Barboza, RDA and Johnson. And he may have given future opponents of Khabib more to work with when game planning. Khabib was pretty drained too by round 3 and that’s why he went for the finish when he did, IMO. But I do admit that I’m getting into moral victory territory here.

Perhaps my main point is, it depends on who was doing the rating.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject:

22, that Pettis/Ferguson scrap was the stuff that makes the UFC an entertainment league like no other. I have mad respect for both fighters but Tony just jumped to a whole new plateau in the game.

He was nowhere near 100. Dude is a beast. His interview dynamics are becoming increasingly more understandable as he reveals more of himself and vulnerabilities as well as his scattered, dizzying, mental approach. He may have become my current favorite fighter. Just a stud.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject:

I'm glad Khabib won just to shut Conor up. What Khabib did after the fight was beyond stupid. One of the main disciplines you learn in martial arts is control your emotions. No justification whatsoever for what he did. I'm interested to see what the penalty's are going to be.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22, that Pettis/Ferguson scrap was the stuff that makes the UFC an entertainment league like no other. I have mad respect for both fighters but Tony just jumped to a whole new plateau in the game.

He was nowhere near 100. Dude is a beast. His interview dynamics are becoming increasingly more understandable as he reveals more of himself and vulnerabilities as well as his scattered, dizzying, mental approach. He may have become my current favorite fighter. Just a stud.

Absolutely! I was telling my friends about him who had never seen him fight before and after the fight and ensuing rambling interviews he had gained 3-4 new fans in my circle of friends lol

I wanna see Khabib/Ferguson bad now. I think Ferguson might be able to take him
misterchipmunk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Conor talked a lot of (bleep) and crossed the line multiple times before the fight.
Conor fought dirty and cheated when he was getting his face smashed during the fight.
Conor instigated the post fight brawl by sucker punching one of Khabib's guy who wasn't even looking at him(thus starting the brawl in the cage)

What Khabib did was stupid as hell but I don't like how the media and the UFC are displaying the victim card for McGregor. But Dana White is a nut hugging Conor fanboy so I expect Khabib to be suspended for 2 years and Conor regaining the title. Conor got mauled so hard that his fanboys had to resort to anything to distract that he was utter trash last night.
GoldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Moral of the story? Don’t f with Khabib
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Okay. So Conor cold cocked Khabib’s brother before he got jumped.

Just saw that. Didn’t see it last night.

What a mess.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:03 pm    Post subject:

misterchipmunk wrote:
Conor talked a lot of (bleep) and crossed the line multiple times before the fight.
Conor fought dirty and cheated when he was getting his face smashed during the fight.
Conor instigated the post fight brawl by sucker punching one of Khabib's guy who wasn't even looking at him(thus starting the brawl in the cage)

What Khabib did was stupid as hell but I don't like how the media and the UFC are displaying the victim card for McGregor. But Dana White is a nut hugging Conor fanboy so I expect Khabib to be suspended for 2 years and Conor regaining the title. Conor got mauled so hard that his fanboys had to resort to anything to distract that he was utter trash last night.
this guy get it!

you really think they'll strip him of his title though? that's a bit extreme. Whatever happened happened after the fight was concluded and Khabib won fair and square. I think a hefty fine will be in order, maybe a suspension though not 2 years. Idk about stripping the title, they'll lose fans if they do, because the truth is out there for all to see and that is conor instigated all of this.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Okay. So Conor cold cocked Khabib’s brother before he got jumped.

Just saw that. Didn’t see it last night.

What a mess.

I didn't see.
Is it on one of the mma sites?

If that is true then it could get turned against Connor as the cause of it all and he will be suspended indefinitely

Connor looked like he took a few shots of alcohol before he got into the cage.

If Connor started the after fight then I'm predicting
Khabib keeps belt
Connor keeps purse ..gets fines HUGE and he gets suspended longer than Khabib

Connor looked like (bleep) and no way could be be in champion shape snorting coke for the past two years.

Dude should just retire with all his cash and do something useful.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Here’s where I saw it (3:22 mark):

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 454, 455, 456 ... 497, 498, 499  Next
Page 455 of 499
Jump to: