Official MMA thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 412, 413, 414 ... 497, 498, 499  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
All that class he showed during his octagon interview really rings hollow now.

As fo DC who rag dolled heavyweights, must be a very sad and frustrating time to just be flat out cheated out of establishing his legacy.

UFC very close to dangerous grounds if all this continues.

He made a comment in an interview stating to the effect that he said those things in the octagon interview to show that he changed. Everything is so calculated with the guy. Look, I was a monster Bones fan from the jump but I don't know if y'all recall but way back when, a ton of people from Sherdog were calling him out as being 100% disinengenous. I never could figure it out back then why but the dude is as fake as they come.

To add to what CI stated earlier about even low level PED's...Jones was busted for Clomid/Clomiphene the last time. "Experts" said it's used solely to mask steroid use to bring T levels up to par. Let's just say I also may or may not have had some *ahem* tainted supplements and might have used Clomid and even stand alone it's a world of difference. That's freaking Clomid which is sooooooo far down the chain. Seeing his pattern of behaviour, I'm sure the Clomid was to get him back to par.

FFS his freaking brother was nailed for using PED's just last year.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Anybody noticed that all the recent bad news for the UFC has happened after it was sold?
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Anybody noticed that all the recent bad news for the UFC has happened after it was sold?

Well they put in USADA testing in order to validate themselves as a serious sport right before selling it. That's it in a nutshell. USADA came, saw and kicked ass.
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject:

Jon Jones busted for steroids...this is going to be a baaaaad week for Dana White if Mayweather KOs Conor McGregor on Saturday.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/BitaNick/status/900324005776941056

First response I seen from Jones' camp.

This is why I switched to having Woodley as my fav fighter. No out of the octagon issues
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject:

If this turns out to be true about Jones, it's probably the biggest let down in UFC history.

The sad part is the eye test would probably tell you that he could be a steroid user, the man himself comes across as disingenuous, and the track record is poor.

Sucks for the UFC, sucks for DC, and sucks for the whole redemption story of Jones.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject:

This is sort of like the death penalty

I am still giving a moment for any other tests that might help him.. I don't really want this story to be true..

but.. as JB said.. the chemical fits the MO
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject:

I've disliked Jon Jones for a while now. So, this is just music to my ears. They should've banned him for life a while ago.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject:

It's really sad cuz even with the cheating he is still the most talented MMA fighter ever. His brain is what allows him to win these fights I'm sure he'd be highly successful without the roids if he's on em
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
It's really sad cuz even with the cheating he is still the most talented MMA fighter ever. His brain is what allows him to win these fights I'm sure he'd be highly successful without the roids if he's on em

He would have been highly successful but who knows what the results of his tightest fights may have been. Remember Gustaffson was piecing up Jon on the feet in the first 2 rounds. What if Jon didn't have that extra gear to get into for the later rounds and survive? He was taking down an Olympian wrestler in Cormier in their first fight at will. Other sparring partners have described how unimaginably strong Jones is. Would he have been able to so easily take down DC without that extra oomph?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:

He would have been highly successful but who knows what the results of his tightest fights may have been. Remember Gustaffson was piecing up Jon on the feet in the first 2 rounds. What if Jon didn't have that extra gear to get into for the later rounds and survive? He was taking down an Olympian wrestler in Cormier in their first fight at will. Other sparring partners have described how unimaginably strong Jones is. Would he have been able to so easily take down DC without that extra oomph?

True true I can't deny that

Man I wish he didn't ruin his career with this stupid crap
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:

You and me both man. When I used to describe Jon Jones to people that didn't follow MMA, I used to say that if aliens came and we needed 1 chammpion to square off against one of their, I'm sending Jon Jones and I feel we were in safe hands. That's how I thought of him.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:

You and me both man. When I used to describe Jon Jones to people that didn't follow MMA, I used to say that if aliens came and we needed 1 chammpion to square off against one of their, I'm sending Jon Jones and I feel we were in safe hands. That's how I thought of him.

As long as the aliens don't care about roids we can still send him! :Lol:

That's actually a sick movie plot btw. Space Jam meets bloodsport lol
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:06 am    Post subject:

just watched Nunes v Shevchenco 1, free on youtube.. Love Chevchenko's counter right hand (although she didn't use it too much, it was amazing vs. Holm). But Shev is very susceptible to being counter punched herself, Nunes was tagging her for real. Nunes is my girl, a special talent I think. Hope she nuts-up and fights Cyborg next year (Cyborg probably isn't viewed as soooooo scary after letting the tough soccer mom last 3 rounds)

Shev will be the long reigning 125lb champ. yup. Joanna, Shev, Nunes, Cyborg. Amaaaazing females in every division.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject:

I had Bullet winning. She is irate in the post fight interview with Joe.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject:

what a crap fight.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
what a crap fight.

A Woodley special.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:22 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:

As long as the aliens don't care about roids we can still send him! :Lol:

That's actually a sick movie plot btw. Space Jam meets bloodsport lol

Jon Jones vs Brock Lesnar

6'4 205 vs 6'3 265 that's the fight every one needs to see that and GSP vs Connor.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:07 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
what a crap fight.

A Woodley special.

lol yup. And he gave his "it's because it was a rematch" excuse on the after show. I just chalk it up to all 4 fighters being way too afraid to get hit. Nunes was flinching, Shev is strictly a counter puncher - and we know Woodley and Wonderboy were both afraid to get hit.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:31 am    Post subject:

As snoozy as it was, Valentina won the fight on my scorecard. Honestly have no clue how you could find much to score for Nunes at all save for the one takedown (the first one seemed far more mutual). And even then, Shev seemed to do more effective work from underneath. Oh well.

UFC is on a very bad run.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Looking forward to dillashaw garbrandt, and Ferguson Lee now. Everything else is meh
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject:

Rockhold! my guy! frickin amazing on the ground
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Rockhold! my guy! frickin amazing on the ground

His ground and pound is the best in MMA right now imo. Once he smothers you it's a barrage of fists.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject:

That Rockhold UFC Card was one of the best all-round FREE shows, really good fights...!

I guess Rockhold will get the winner of the GSP v. Bisbing fight, and hopefully he will beat them..
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
That Rockhold UFC Card was one of the best all-round FREE shows, really good fights...!

I guess Rockhold will get the winner of the GSP v. Bisbing fight, and hopefully he will beat them..

Robert Whitaker is the interim champion. Rockhold will have to wait unless Whitaker is injured for a long time
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 412, 413, 414 ... 497, 498, 499  Next
Page 413 of 499
Jump to: