Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 416, 417, 418 ... 497, 498, 499  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock it looks like Holm Cyborg is back on for Dec 30th.

Till Wonderboy is another fight that intrigues me but it seems wonder boy's dad won't let it happen

Wow. Shoots my dumbass down. haha.

Also, Till looks like he could fight at light heavyweight and completely walked through Cowboy. I honestly don't blame the elder Thompson for steering his son clear of him.

Till looked absolutely massive against Cowboy.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Till said his future is at middleweight and light heavyweight.

Idk how much of that is bravado but he seems like a no nonsense guy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject:

Bisping
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Bisping

Just watched it. Damn. In some senses, that’s just the sport. Dangerous af. But Mike taking the fight on such short notice, coming off a bit of a war? Just wasn’t the best plan. He obviously badly underestimated Gastelum and paid the price. All that being said, this L sure doesn’t look good on the record. I have no clue who they’ll look at for his retirement fight in England but I’m not so sure he needs another walk into the octagon.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:
Bisping

Just watched it. Damn. In some senses, that’s just the sport. Dangerous af. But Mike taking the fight on such short notice, coming off a bit of a war? Just wasn’t the best plan. He obviously badly underestimated Gastelum and paid the price. All that being said, this L sure doesn’t look good on the record. I have no clue who they’ll look at for his retirement fight in England but I’m not so sure he needs another walk into the octagon.

Couldn’t agree more. Where do we go from here with him?

The only two fights that make sense are Romero & Rockhold because of the bad blood. But now with his stock so low what do those guys have to gain by fighting him? And does he really wanna get destroyed for the 3rd time in a row and retire like that?

If he takes a no name fighter it’s not gonna sell and no one will care. He put himself on a bad spot by taking that fight
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:

The only two fights that make sense are Romero & Rockhold because of the bad blood. But now with his stock so low what do those guys have to gain by fighting him? And does he really wanna get destroyed for the 3rd time in a row and retire like that?

That's kind of what I was implying with my original post. Rockhold and Romero have nothing to gain and I think everyone knew they'd probably lay the same type of smackdown on Bisping if given the chance. Which is why Bisping went for the money fight. That was absolutely the right move. Question: does this put a little more perspective on GSP's current shine?
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject:

Bisping not taking Gastelum seriously enou and getting KOd is reminiscent of what Rockhold did with Bisping in the first place.

Shows 2 things, firstly that Bisping wasn't ever that great, and secondly that you pay a heavy price for underestimating your opponent.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

That's kind of what I was implying with my original post. Rockhold and Romero have nothing to gain and I think everyone knew they'd probably lay the same type of smackdown on Bisping if given the chance. Which is why Bisping went for the money fight. That was absolutely the right move. Question: does this put a little more perspective on GSP's current shine?

True, I didn't even think about that. How much does GSP's win really mean? People were already accusing him of handpicking Bisping before the fight because everyone knew he was the easiest champion to fight. Plus GSP has already trained with Bisping previously and dominated him. He knew he had the advantage.

Moses wrote:
Bisping not taking Gastelum seriously enou and getting KOd is reminiscent of what Rockhold did with Bisping in the first place.

Shows 2 things, firstly that Bisping wasn't ever that great, and secondly that you pay a heavy price for underestimating your opponent.

This
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject:

UFC 218 bout to be an awesome card!! I'm rooting for Francis! Overeem could beat him, but I just really like Francis' personality.

Other two main events should be fun as well! I just don't care who wins them though
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject:

The Predator is still young yet but his learning curve is astounding. Wouldn't be surprised with a win or loss.

Got to figure Max wins again. Aldo is saying all the right things about having the old fire back but I think Max is too good.

Cejudo/Pettis will be fun. But everyone in that division is playing for the 2nd spot.

Alvarez/Gaethje should be a highly skilled and technical match between to MMA artists. There'll be fireworks for sure. I just wonder how much punishment Gaethje can continue taking. Dude gets rocked at least once every time out.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
The Predator is still young yet but his learning curve is astounding. Wouldn't be surprised with a win or loss.

Got to figure Max wins again. Aldo is saying all the right things about having the old fire back but I think Max is too good.

Cejudo/Pettis will be fun. But everyone in that division is playing for the 2nd spot.

Alvarez/Gaethje should be a highly skilled and technical match between to MMA artists. There'll be fireworks for sure. I just wonder how much punishment Gaethje can continue taking. Dude gets rocked at least once every time out.

Chael said it best when he predicted the Jones/Cormier 2 fight. Something to the effect of, "when the younger guy wins the first fight, in the rematch the younger guy wins by even more". Stands to reason as the younger guy will be getting better while the old guy gets older.. I'm rooting for Max, love his style. I want Francis to win too. Guy is just a physical freak.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject:

I predict Max second round KO victory tonight, also think Francis will KO Overeem.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:

Chael said it best when he predicted the Jones/Cormier 2 fight. Something to the effect of, "when the younger guy wins the first fight, in the rematch the younger guy wins by even more". Stands to reason as the younger guy will be getting better while the old guy gets older.. I'm rooting for Max, love his style. I want Francis to win too. Guy is just a physical freak.

Yea I dig that line of thinking from Chael - now Holloway has the confidence on his side. Jose is still scary with his explosiveness, but now, Max will know he can hang in it for sure.

Excited as hell for tonight. I'm a big Ngannou fan. He was just homeless!
Gaeche Alvarez is a pretty important fight in that division too
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject:

FRANCIS NGANNOU

MY GOODNESS THE CARNAGE
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject:

That left hook man. I can’t get the image out of my head. Glad Alistair is ok. Sheesh.

We might be saying RIP Stipe pretty soon...
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject:

It’s time for Aldo to hang it up.

Idk why he insisted on standing up with Max. His hits don’t even phase the guy. You’re a black belt in BJJ, take the fight to the ground smh
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
That left hook man. I can’t get the image out of my head. Glad Alistair is ok. Sheesh.

Maybe, but Stipe is not going to be easy.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject:

OregonLakerGuy wrote:
22 wrote:

Maybe, but Stipe is not going to be easy.

Yeah Stipe is no cakewalk. But if Ngannou connects its lights out. He way more athletic than anyone in the division
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:

Idk why he insisted on standing up with Max. His hits don’t even phase the guy. You’re a black belt in BJJ, take the fight to the ground smh

That's easier siad than done. Just like Ronda when everyone was clamoring for her to do the same. If you can't shoot like a wrestler, you either do it in the clinch. How was he going to do that when Max completely dominated the distance game...it was Conor-esque? Look at a gold medalist Olympian, built like a Greek god in Yoel Romero who tried several times to take down a VASTLY smaller guy in Whittacker and Bobby Knuckle's footwork and cage control pretty much sonned him on every attempt. Whittacker accomplished that without the HUGE reach advantage Max has over Aldo. Nothing Aldo could have done to take that fight to the ground short of some freak scramble.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:

That's easier siad than done. Just like Ronda when everyone was clamoring for her to do the same. If you can't shoot like a wrestler, you either do it in the clinch. How was he going to do that when Max completely dominated the distance game...it was Conor-esque? Look at a gold medalist Olympian, built like a Greek god in Yoel Romero who tried several times to take down a VASTLY smaller guy in Whittacker and Bobby Knuckle's footwork and cage control pretty much sonned him on every attempt. Whittacker accomplished that without the HUGE reach advantage Max has over Aldo. Nothing Aldo could have done to take that fight to the ground short of some freak scramble.

It’s difficult, but he has to at least attempt setting it up. He made no attempt to do so until he was completely gassed. And he actually got him down there but couldn’t do anything with it. I still think max just outclasses him, but Aldo’s game plan is caca to me. He’s never going to beat him with just strikes.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:

It’s difficult, but he has to at least attempt setting it up. He made no attempt to do so until he was completely gassed. And he actually got him down there but couldn’t do anything with it. I still think max just outclasses him, but Aldo’s game plan is caca to me. He’s never going to beat him with just strikes.

To his credit Aldo did land a couple good leg kicks. One of them definitely moved Max. Not sure why he gave up on it.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:

To his credit Aldo did land a couple good leg kicks. One of them definitely moved Max. Not sure why he gave up on it.

My guess is he was too gassed to keep throwing them. They were starting to take effect though
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:27 am    Post subject:

Love Max, such a good fighter and so much fun to watch. That third round was carnage, Max just poured it on him, lured him into a brawl then smashed on him.

Max said "take him into deep water because I know he can't swim there, then drown him". Pretty accurate to be fair.

Moment of the night though has to be Francis with that brutal KO of Reem. No man alive could take that shot. Absolutely brutal.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
dna.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Hell yeah congrats Max! Hawaii STAND UP!!

A friend of mine talked about how he thinks Max is one dimensional and just boxes every fight... But come on he beat ALDO soundly, TWICE, and made him fight his game, where he was most comfortable. I think Max's strength is not only his stand up but his ability to control the range and make his opponent fight HIS fight. Now we will see what happens if/when he fights someone who won't fight his fight and has the ability to put Max on his back...

Ngannou - give this man a title shot! Stipe better be watching a lot of film... I love the guy but he has his hands full with this up and coming BEAST
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject:

dna. wrote:
Hell yeah congrats Max! Hawaii STAND UP!!

A friend of mine talked about how he thinks Max is one dimensional and just boxes every fight... But come on he beat ALDO soundly, TWICE, and made him fight his game, where he was most comfortable. I think Max's strength is not only his stand up but his ability to control the range and make his opponent fight HIS fight. Now we will see what happens if/when he fights someone who won't fight his fight and has the ability to put Max on his back...

Ngannou - give this man a title shot! Stipe better be watching a lot of film... I love the guy but he has his hands full with this up and coming BEAST

And that granite chin. Dude also eats punches like candy. It will be interesting to see Max face someone with similar range. He's been flirting openly with the idea of moving up but I think he's far better served staying precisely where he's at. If he gets past Edgar, he has chance to clean out the division a la Mighty only with much more fanfare.

The Predator is a scary mofo. Stipe is a game dude but even Reem caught him early, before the champ showed his mettle and fought his way back to the win. If Ngannou catches him, that's all she wrote. I'm interested to see the next guy who beats that dude.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 416, 417, 418 ... 497, 498, 499  Next
Page 417 of 499
Jump to: