Official MMA thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 421, 422, 423

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 10925
Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
That was Yamasaki again??! I was wondering why they kept letting her get hit with no interference smh

I feel sorry for Anders tonight. I thought he won rounds 2,3,&4. But in Brazil theyíre gonna give machida the edge


Yep, another Yamasaki special. I'm going to dig up a torrent since I didn't catch it but over on reddit they're saying the other girl tapped earlier and par for the course, Yamasaki didn't see it.

230-3 in strikes. Dude....


Yeah! Look at this! https://twitter.com/stipemiocicufc/status/960057610325159936


That was absolutely brutal and while Yamasaki deserves to be put into a crucifix and beaten mercilessly for 5 minutes himself, what is up with her corner? Yamasaki is supposed to be incompetent but her corner is supposed to care for her and, in large part, be responsible for her.

That poor girl may never be the same.
_________________
Maginka doing work
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 15436

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
That was Yamasaki again??! I was wondering why they kept letting her get hit with no interference smh

I feel sorry for Anders tonight. I thought he won rounds 2,3,&4. But in Brazil theyíre gonna give machida the edge


Yep, another Yamasaki special. I'm going to dig up a torrent since I didn't catch it but over on reddit they're saying the other girl tapped earlier and par for the course, Yamasaki didn't see it.

230-3 in strikes. Dude....


Yeah! Look at this! https://twitter.com/stipemiocicufc/status/960057610325159936


That was absolutely brutal and while Yamasaki deserves to be put into a crucifix and beaten mercilessly for 5 minutes himself, what is up with her corner? Yamasaki is supposed to be incompetent but her corner is supposed to care for her and, in large part, be responsible for her.

That poor girl may never be the same.


Youíre absolutely right man. They should have been doing something. Can a corner throw in the towel in mma?
_________________
Blake Griffin's ankles beware....Randle is coming
The youngins are YOUNG, let them learn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 10925
Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
That was Yamasaki again??! I was wondering why they kept letting her get hit with no interference smh

I feel sorry for Anders tonight. I thought he won rounds 2,3,&4. But in Brazil theyíre gonna give machida the edge


Yep, another Yamasaki special. I'm going to dig up a torrent since I didn't catch it but over on reddit they're saying the other girl tapped earlier and par for the course, Yamasaki didn't see it.

230-3 in strikes. Dude....


Yeah! Look at this! https://twitter.com/stipemiocicufc/status/960057610325159936


That was absolutely brutal and while Yamasaki deserves to be put into a crucifix and beaten mercilessly for 5 minutes himself, what is up with her corner? Yamasaki is supposed to be incompetent but her corner is supposed to care for her and, in large part, be responsible for her.

That poor girl may never be the same.


Youíre absolutely right man. They should have been doing something. Can a corner throw in the towel in mma?


I checked the rules and there are a couple of examples of corners doing that (Diaz's corner vs. Thompson / Smolka vs. Nguyen) but I know that the Diaz fight was just about to be stopped when Nick threw it in.

It's a universal signal of surrender so I'm sure that even a thick dumbass like Yamasaki would've gotten the memo. If there were any rule against it, I'm sure the UFC would have forgone any infractions because anyone with a positive IQ saw that fight should have been stopped.
_________________
Maginka doing work
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 15436

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:33 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:


I checked the rules and there are a couple of examples of corners doing that (Diaz's corner vs. Thompson / Smolka vs. Nguyen) but I know that the Diaz fight was just about to be stopped when Nick threw it in.

It's a universal signal of surrender so I'm sure that even a thick dumbass like Yamasaki would've gotten the memo. If there were any rule against it, I'm sure the UFC would have forgone any infractions because anyone with a positive IQ saw that fight should have been stopped.


Good research GTR!
Fighters and Dana White's reaction to Yamasaki's referring after saturday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDu2wQ48BzQ

One fighter even tweeted about throwing in the towel
_________________
Blake Griffin's ankles beware....Randle is coming
The youngins are YOUNG, let them learn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 15436

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/FloydMayweather/status/959597170813845505

noooooo!!!!!
_________________
Blake Griffin's ankles beware....Randle is coming
The youngins are YOUNG, let them learn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Mar 2003
Posts: 12170

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:42 pm    Post subject:

i wanna see mcgregor vs Khabib in russia. talk about rocky 4.
_________________
Dominating every day.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 15436

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
i wanna see mcgregor vs Khabib in russia. talk about rocky 4.


Same, but it likely won't happen. at least not for a while if there's any truth to these Floyd Vs McGregor in UFC rumors. McGregor could make stupid money again for an easy fight. No way he chooses getting mauled by Khabib over that
_________________
Blake Griffin's ankles beware....Randle is coming
The youngins are YOUNG, let them learn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 15436

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject:

Rockhold vs Romero tonight!

Romero didnít make weight (took the fight on short notice) so he is ineligible to win the interim title and any fight bonuses. Heíll also have to give some of his purse to Luke too. But if he wins heíll be the #1 contender
_________________
Blake Griffin's ankles beware....Randle is coming
The youngins are YOUNG, let them learn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 15436

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Curtis razor blaydes with an impressive comeback over mark hunt! Crowd was not happy about it though 😂😂
_________________
Blake Griffin's ankles beware....Randle is coming
The youngins are YOUNG, let them learn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 15436

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:24 pm    Post subject:

my goodness the Cuban Missile just knocked Lucas into next week

Sheesh
_________________
Blake Griffin's ankles beware....Randle is coming
The youngins are YOUNG, let them learn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 23570

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Lawd have mercy...

Is it me or does Rockhold not look the same in his last few fights? He was so dynamic and athletic. He has looked plodding in his 3. Too much celebirty lifestyle in his life? Ain't easy being a model.

Whittacker handily beat this beast with a torn MCL and couldn't even be taken down by an Olympian wrestler. Man, wish it was Bobby Knuckles tonight..love that kid.
_________________
All Aboard the Paul George 2018 Train. CHOO CHOO!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 15436

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Lawd have mercy...

Is it me or does Rockhold not look the same in his last few fights? He was so dynamic and athletic. He has looked plodding in his 3. Too much celebirty lifestyle in his life? Ain't easy being a model.

Whittacker handily beat this beast with a torn MCL and couldn't even be taken down by an Olympian wrestler. Man, wish it was Bobby Knuckles tonight..love that kid.


Yeah Rockhold looks like a point fighter to me. Thatís the best way I can put it. None of his punches have any steam on them. No aggression.

Iíve always heard how good he is but never been able to see it since I started following MMA, I think heís officially on the decline
_________________
Blake Griffin's ankles beware....Randle is coming
The youngins are YOUNG, let them learn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 15436

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject:

Wow Romero said he broke his leg in round 1 😳
_________________
Blake Griffin's ankles beware....Randle is coming
The youngins are YOUNG, let them learn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 10925
Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Too much celebirty lifestyle in his life? Ain't easy being a model.


I think this is it, in very large part if not completely.

That is one exceedingly self-exalted guy. Arrogance personified. Sure pathway to being humbled. His face and reaction immediately after the fight said it all. Hopefully this makes him a better person outside the octagon because itís looking like his better days inside of it are behind.

Seems to me that this only shows that Whitaker is on a different level. Canít see a middleweight in the rankings that looks like a formidable challenge to his throne if healthy. Perhaps Darren Till goes up to face him?
_________________
Maginka doing work
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 421, 422, 423
Page 423 of 423
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB