Official MMA thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 467, 468, 469 ... 497, 498, 499  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:35 am    Post subject:

Quote:

“I am leaps and bounds better than Henry Cejudo,” Dillashaw said. “I greatly believe that. But unfortunately, I didn’t get a chance to prove it.”

Follow up: “And why do you think you didn’t you get that chance?”

Look, I could tell he was playing his best poker face to the best of his ability from fight week all the way up until the end but that cut just killed him. Cejudo straight pushed him down to set up the entire ending exchange. Looked like a schoolyard move.

Whatever. Just take your loss like a man.

BTW, Cowboy put it on that kid. I don’t know how many more rounds he’s got left underneath that Stetson but I think he had to burn a lot of what was left in the tank to keep up that pace and win last night. I think that would be a wise fight to make his last. If he moves up in competition, I think he’s got a lot of punishment awaiting him.

Except a fight with Conor. That way he’s very well compensated.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

“It was a great stoppage because I felt his body go limp,” Cejudo said at the event’s post-fight press conference (transcript via MMA Fighting). “You guys have to understand I weighed in at 146 pounds when I fought him. Strong, and you could see it. Every blow that he took, he was eating some hammers. Personally, I thought it was a good stoppage because he was going to take another 10, 20 hits.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/1/20/18190863/henry-cejudo-could-tell-tj-dillashaw-hurt-ufc-espn-brooklyn-title-fight-felt-body-limp

124.4 lbs Friday morning weigh-in
34 hours later and 21lbs? Does he eat asphalt?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Yeah is that possible??

Also the cowboy Conor fight is gonna sell.

Cowboy has got to find a way to get that fight to the ground. Then he’s got a chance. If Conor loses that, mystique = gone
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:03 am    Post subject:

I'm sure it's possible for Henry to balloon up after hydration and I honestly don't see any reason for him to throw out a specific number arbitrarily. But who knows?

Whatever the case, TJ was obviously depleted and Henry was absolutely jacked and boy, did it show. TJ, so full of himself, got greedy and paid the price. Just rewards and, if I'm Cejudo, I don't give him a rematch unless the price is right. But that's just me. I don't think there's any other matches out there for him so he probably goes for the rematch for TJ's strap.

Is Cowboy/Conor inked?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
I'm sure it's possible for Henry to balloon up after hydration and I honestly don't see any reason for him to throw out a specific number arbitrarily. But who knows?

Whatever the case, TJ was obviously depleted and Henry was absolutely jacked and boy, did it show. TJ, so full of himself, got greedy and paid the price. Just rewards and, if I'm Cejudo, I don't give him a rematch unless the price is right. But that's just me. I don't think there's any other matches out there for him so he probably goes for the rematch for TJ's strap.

Is Cowboy/Conor inked?

Not inked yet, but Conor tweeted him saying he earned the fight after his bout

Yeah TJ underestimated how much that weight cut would affect him and just how good cejudo is. Cejudo looked way faster
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:

Is Cowboy/Conor inked?

Yeah TJ underestimated how much that weight cut would affect him and just how good cejudo is. Cejudo looked way faster

I just watched some of the replays of Dillashaw's interviews and I must say that I'm still in disbelief over how far outside of the realm of reality TJ remained after the fight. His stubborn pride and refusal to take his L and move on is amazing. Wow.

I'm almost as amazed as MMA World urinating on their own show with voice overs. Unreal.

Conor is the fight to make if your Cowboy. Maybe Conor too. He can sport his wares and regain some momentum and then set up a match with Raging Al. I honestly would advise him to take that route if I had a say.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:05 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:

Is Cowboy/Conor inked?

I just watched some of the replays of Dillashaw's interviews and I must say that I'm still in disbelief over how far outside of the realm of reality TJ remained after the fight. His stubborn pride and refusal to take his L and move on is amazing. Wow.

I'm almost as amazed as MMA World urinating on their own show with voice overs. Unreal.

Conor is the fight to make if your Cowboy. Maybe Conor too. He can sport his wares and regain some momentum and then set up a match with Raging Al. I honestly would advise him to take that route if I had a say.

It was so bad TJ had to say on Helwani's show that "I never said I wasn't a sore loser."

agreed. It works out well for both parties

Yeah what the hell is going on with MMA World?? At one point they had the MMA Youtube market cornered. Then they ditched the intro (DRM probs), added commercials and trash voice overs, now they have some journalist. Some are speculating ESPN made them change
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:24 pm    Post subject:

12 mins.. but very nice legit breakdown of the destruction Cejudo put on TJ
and how the stoppage saved him from being flattened into the mat
What Really Happened at UFC Brooklyn (Henry Cejudo vs TJ Dillashaw)
TheWeasle
Published on Jan 20, 2019
Here, I will breakdown and analyze the quick but technical fight in
Henry Cejudo vs TJ Dillashaw. Where did TJ make his mistake?
How did Cejudo dictate the distance? Was the stoppage early?

BTW.. there is an angle on a gif that shows the ref rushing in and his knee getting in the way a bit but Cejudo snatched TJ away from it and stood him up to punch him some more
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:56 pm    Post subject:

That was a great breakdown. I like most of the weasels stuff
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:06 am    Post subject:

Damn Cejudo .. weird how this fight promotion fit my chemistry so well

loud mouth supertalent with no humility or respect for the sport goes popping off how he is going to kill the flyweight division..
and at the same time BEFORE that fight even started was talking about working on killing the champion above him...

Him and Dana both seemed to give Cejudo no respect..

Walks in trying to be all warrior like and got sent back to kindergarten to find a part of him that never grew.

**From an athletic perspective.. I noticed Cejudos hip and lower back muscles being so much stronger at their core than TJs

Big PROPS to Crowder...
Allen Crowder thinks Greg Hardy’s illegal knee was due to inexperience: ‘He just made a mistake’
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:33 am    Post subject:

Remember the Korean Zombie fight where he got knocked out with that upward elbow..

found it in a vid with many angles.. dude planned and telegraphed that elbow perfectly..
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:24 pm    Post subject:

http://www.lightstream.world/p/bellator-214-fedor-vs-bader.html
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:23 pm    Post subject:

just starting.. fwiw
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:36 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
just starting.. fwiw

lol and it ended in about 10 seconds
j-dawg
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:13 pm    Post subject:

The talent level in MMA is so vastly different than it was 15-20 years ago (Although one could argue that MMA's talent level was better about 5-10 years ago)

Fedor has had a long great career. I wonder if this is (finally) it for him.

If you look at the guys today, some may not even understand that Fedor was the greatest in his generation.But the Talent level is different. Comparing Fedor to, say, Jon Jones, is like comparing Elgin Baylor to LeBron. Sport is so much different than it once was that i don't really see it as a fair or valid comparison. Of course the 2018 guy would walk all over the 1965 guy. But its always funny when i hear people compare Fedor to today's best.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:29 pm    Post subject:

42 years old..

2003 champion

That feels like forever ago

Fedor has always been so freakn Stoic..
No posse.. Just a crazy bear

Makes me check my age.. sad a bit to see him go.. but dont become
Chuck Lidell
j-dawg
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:43 am    Post subject:

^good point.

After seeing Liddell and Fedor go down like they did, I don't see any good reason in Anderson Silva still fighting these days
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:38 am    Post subject:

Todays fighters could learn a bit about Ground and Pound from this (bleep) lol

Fedor would swing you to the ground and kick you in the face just before he mounted you.. Fight through your kicks while you're on the ground and just keep swinging wild strikes like a snake or something

Watched him duck a guys roundhouse and punch him in the side of the face before he ever spun back around..

I am sure the Honeybader and Fedor know each other because I dare any fighter to have said "You can't take me to the ground" Fedor didn't give a (bleep) who you were.. He was there to smash you into the mat

He looks like the son of George The Animal Steele
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Fedors chin is completely gone.

Getting KOd by one strike is embarrassing. I hope he calls it a career
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Chuck vs Fedor? Who else is in besides me? Y'all know you want it.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:24 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

Are walkers allowed?
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:51 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

Are walkers allowed?

I am still a bit upset to see him Gone.. and to leave like that

I know he is over the hill and surely he got a decent payday for that fight..

But will Fedor ask for a rematch so he doesn't go out like that?

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:36 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

Are walkers allowed?

I am still a bit upset to see him Gone.. and to leave like that

I know he is over the hill and surely he got a decent payday for that fight..

But will Fedor ask for a rematch so he doesn't go out like that?

Hopefully not. Dude is clearly done.

Anybody hype for tonight’s fight night?

Aldo vs Moicano at 145lb winner will be next in line to fight max for the title. Assuncao vs moraes at 135lb winner will be next in line to fight tj for the title (unless tj loses to Cejudo at 135 too)
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:27 am    Post subject:

Aldo was getting picked apart in round 1 and I thought it looked every bit like it just might be a replay of his fights with Holloway. But dude closed that gap from the moment the second round began, went to work with purpose, stunned Moicano and let his elite killer instincts do the rest. What a freaking storm of attack. And accurate af too. Super impressed.

It’s just too bad there’s not much else for him in the division and nowhere to go but laterally because he isn’t ever getting to the pinnacle besting Max.

As impossible as it sounds, I think he should try like crazy to get a rematch with McG and then call it a career. Maybe he takes on Ortega? Just not sure what’s out there for him that makes sense for $ or legacy.

Moraes has grown so much since the first fight with Assuncao and the same cant be said the other way. Strictly outclassed. I’d love to see how Marlon matches up with TJ.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:14 pm    Post subject:

^ Other guy couldn't maintain the pace. Max pours it on more and more with each round. He pretty much played pinata with Aldo's
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 467, 468, 469 ... 497, 498, 499  Next
Page 468 of 499
Jump to: