nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:24 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:
4:56 of the final round 5th

Wack. I'm shocked and confused

Was really surprised to see overeem do so well so long but that Rosenstryk? Has incredible punching power when he launches it.

Reem is going to have some severe CTE in the future.

I still think hes feeling the the long term effect of ngannou.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:03 pm    Post subject:

It’s glue factory time for the reem
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:04 pm    Post subject:

I really feel sorry for Struve. He was in a lose-lose situation with those multiple groin kicks
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:38 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

Was really surprised to see overeem do so well so long but that Rosenstryk? Has incredible punching power when he launches it.

Yeah he's been brutally ko'ed in 7 of his last 16. Most of those were with the lights shutting out too. I can't imagine how bad he's going to get it.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:24 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
nickuku wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

Yeah he's been brutally ko'ed in 7 of his last 16. Most of those were with the lights shutting out too. I can't imagine how bad he's going to get it.

Yeah. If you’ve held straps in strikeforce or dream, you should be out the game. Unless your first name is Gegard.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
nickuku wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

Yeah. If you’ve held straps in strikeforce or dream, you should be out the game. Unless your first name is Gegard.

How the hell does he survive. He has some amazing defense.
Awesome to see his sportsmanship. No argument with ref about losing the fight with 4 seconds left. I'm not sure I'd have kept my composure so well.

That was his longest fight in many years iirc.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:22 pm    Post subject:

And next

Covington is gonna get (bleep) brutalized

Creepiest thing to me is any fighter talking about what they're gonna do after the fight they haven't even fought yet.

No belt being put on a Trump supporter.
I think it will be over by or before middle of 3rd round
Tapout but he will be squeezed unconscious before ref pulls Usman off him.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:23 am    Post subject:

And next

Creepiest thing to me is any fighter talking about what they're gonna do after the fight they haven't even fought yet.

I think it's a 5 round decision slightly in favor of Usman. Colby's no joke in the octagon. 8 of Umaru's 9 wins in the UFC were decisions...
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:22 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
And next

I think it's a 5 round decision slightly in favor of Usman. Colby's no joke in the octagon. 8 of Umaru's 9 wins in the UFC were decisions...

Yeah I’m still torn 50/50 on this. Want Usman to win badly though. Especially since Colby said he’ll go to WWE if UFC doesn’t pay him more lol
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:24 pm    Post subject:

If you like top fights in MMA UFC Tonight is it

https://www.ufc.com/event/ufc-245

Thank you for the heads up on Colby. Hoping my observations of Usman and his team are correct.

Max Holloway is the drunken master

Amanda is a big hitter. Bombs.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Contender for card of the year!

Like everyone thought Usman bs Colby was pretty much dead even except Usman did more damage. That 5th round finish was a Thing of beauty!
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:18 pm    Post subject:

Will colby finally stfu? lol
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:11 am    Post subject:

GOT'IM! Lol.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:04 am    Post subject:

I couldn't watch any of the main card Had to sleep.

5 full rounds. Got to give Covington credit. Kid has incredible stamina and will

I assumed Usman would get some takedowns and would smother him like he did Woodley

Did they box all 5 rounds?
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:54 am    Post subject:

I’d like to see Colby fight Usman again
Great fight but I think Colby was winning more of the fight.
Colby would need to adjust his strategy a bit and I think he can win the rematch.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:39 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Colby would need to adjust his strategy a bit and I think he can win the rematch.

Just from the highlights I sensed it also. The energy difference between the two at the end was still minimal*

Were there (m)any takedowns or chokes

Why could neither dominate the other?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:52 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Just from the highlights I sensed it also. The energy difference between the two at the end was still minimal*

Not a single takedown attempt by either fighter!!

Usman was more more crisp and stronger with his strikes. Plus he actually went to the body to open up the head. Colby was more wild and attacked with haymakers and volume.

At best I think it was 2-2 going into the 5th. But I prob had Usman up 3-1. The crowd was backing Colby so there were a lot more screams when he landed. Made it seem like he was having the bigger effect. But Usman is just so calm in there. Just look at both of their faces and you can see who was more effective. Broken jaw for Colby. Ouch. His ribs were messed up too.

The best part was they were trash talking in the middle of the fight when both should have been too gassed and beat up by that point lol
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:53 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
GOT'IM! Lol.

Colby should follow through and go to the WWE now like he said. His stock will never be higher
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:44 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Not a single takedown attempt by either fighter!!

Usman was more more crisp and stronger with his strikes. Plus he actually went to the body to open up the head. Colby was more wild and attacked with haymakers and volume.

At best I think it was 2-2 going into the 5th. But I prob had Usman up 3-1. The crowd was backing Colby so there were a lot more screams when he landed. Made it seem like he was having the bigger effect. But Usman is just so calm in there. Just look at both of their faces and you can see who was more effective. Broken jaw for Colby. Ouch. His ribs were messed up too.

The best part was they were trash talking in the middle of the fight when both should have been too gassed and beat up by that point lol

Thank you very very much.
After Usman beat Woodley I watched his words and I sensed deep commitment to his integrity and commitment to his team and choosing the most pragmatic.approach to all situations

Mixed feelings on Faber fight but smart move for his own self financially

Max is a bit too risky for all this winning.
I was sure Amanda was gonna nuke someone

Last edited by ContagiousInspiration on Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
GOT'IM! Lol.

Colby should follow through and go to the WWE now like he said. His stock will never be higher

He could change sides.and be known as "The Impeacher"
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject:

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/28302877/inside-moments-leading-kamaru-usman-win-colby-covington?platform=amp

Great article here^^
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:52 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
GOT'IM! Lol.

He could change sides.and be known as "The Impeacher"

Have you guys heard any interviews with him when he's not in his act? He's completely normal. He said when he went to Brazil to fight Maia, the UFC told him he was going to be cut from the roster. That's when he did that heel promo blasting Brazil...The rest is history. 100% an act. Dude got paid for being a tool for our amusement. I can't get mad at that.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:14 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:

Really???

I caught all 3 title fights with the audio off (baby girl sleeping in my arms). What did I miss?

The Nunes fight was an abomination. All that juice and you gonna Lay & pray?? Eff that noise. HUGE disappointment.

Max/Alexander the great was chess. Fantastic fight. Volkanovski has a longer reach than you’d expect for someone his size but it was his kicks and quicks that won the day. He could get in and out before Blessed could even set at times. Masterful performance. Wonder what happens to the division now that the stranglehold has been loosened.

Colby/Usman was so interesting. Felt, technically, like watching a UFC Friday Night event. Seemed striking game is pretty rudimentary but they were very evenly matched. What was most bizarre was how both fighters made very effective adjustments but then went away from them and the fight got close again. Kamaru made a great adjustment with his distance in the third and stopped initiating the action which completely defused any Covington attack. All Colby’s strikes were just missing but Usman was still landing. And the body blows were just as effective. He quit those but finally went back to them and closed the show. Colby, on the other hand, went to kicking the lead leg and mixing in upper cuts and started changing the tide that way but mysteriously went away from both. I saw no adjustments made by either fighter to cause the tactical changes. Just not knowing what was working. Entertaining fight but off and kind of frustrating for me.

Just waiting for Tony/Khabib now.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:18 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

Really???

I caught all 3 title fights with the audio off (baby girl sleeping in my arms). What did I miss?

The Nunes fight was an abomination. All that juice and you gonna Lay & pray?? Eff that noise. HUGE disappointment.

Max/Alexander the great was chess. Fantastic fight. Volkanovski has a longer reach than you’d expect for someone his size but it was his kicks and quicks that won the day. He could get in and out before Blessed could even set at times. Masterful performance. Wonder what happens to the division now that the stranglehold has been loosened.

Colby/Usman was so interesting. Felt, technically, like watching a UFC Friday Night event. Seemed striking game is pretty rudimentary but they were very evenly matched. What was most bizarre was how both fighters made very effective adjustments but then went away from them and the fight got close again. Kamaru made a great adjustment with his distance in the third and stopped initiating the action which completely defused any Covington attack. All Colby’s strikes were just missing but Usman was still landing. And the body blows were just as effective. He quit those but finally went back to them and closed the show. Colby, on the other hand, went to kicking the lead leg and mixing in upper cuts and started changing the tide that way but mysteriously went away from both. I saw no adjustments made by either fighter to cause the tactical changes. Just not knowing what was working. Entertaining fight but off and kind of frustrating for me.

Just waiting for Tony/Khabib now.

Oh def not if you’re talking just the title fights. I should have clarified I meant from the prelims on. There were lots of good finishes and interesting fights. I was hyped lol.

I’m still shocked neither fighter attempted a takedown in the Usman/Colby main event.

And Max says he doesn’t watch film of his opponents. I didn’t believe him, but if true that’s stupid and no wonder he wasn’t prepared for Alex’s game
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:52 am    Post subject:

Frankie starched by KZ. But I think that was a predictable outcome. KZ too big and too precise with his strikes.

That’s why Conor wanted to fight Frankie too, easy win lol
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 485, 486, 487 ... 497, 498, 499  Next
Page 486 of 499
Jump to: