PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject:

wand is a douche..

it'll be ground and pound all day long.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:09 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Looked like Sonnen took Wanderlei down pretty easily there.

Was Wandy drunk?
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:00 am    Post subject:

Looks to me like Chael realized Wand was seriously about to fight him about halfway through and almost tried to diffuse the situation, but couldn't help but throw a verbal jab or two when the opportunity presented itself.

Really dumb move by the coach who took cheap shots at Chael. Doubt he'll be working on the show after Dana has his say.

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Looked like Sonnen took Wanderlei down pretty easily there.

Was Wandy drunk?

He apparently smelled of liquor, and was wearing a mouthpiece and cup during that encounter.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject:

Jeffs wrote:
Looks to me like Chael realized Wand was seriously about to fight him about halfway through and almost tried to diffuse the situation, but couldn't help but throw a verbal jab or two when the opportunity presented itself.

Really dumb move by the coach who took cheap shots at Chael. Doubt he'll be working on the show after Dana has his say.

That's Andre Dida, and he was kicked off the show.

He apparently also had to sign some sort of probation document with the UFC to be allowed to corner guys.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Wandy is such a goontard.

Kiss my Converse.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Werdum with a crazy good performance

I think Cain beats Werdum, but it will be a tough match up for him.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Cain will win.. for sure.
dna.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject:

I was very disappointed in Browne. Just outmatched and looked like he had only one weapon - his desperate haymaker - the entire fight.

And also disappointed to see Werdum looking like the poor man's Anderson Silva in the arrogant, taunting, douchebag category. There's no place for that crap in MMA. Take that to pro wrestling. Fool needs at least a shred of humility; I hope Cain destroys him.

On a positive note, Yoel Romero just continues to impress. His athletic ability is off the charts. This guy will be ridiculously dangerous if he continues to work on his game and in the hands of the right coaching staff. Looking forward to his next fight.

And Cerrone's finish was awesome. He looked like he was on his way to a lopsided loss then that jab connected and he was smart enough (and quick enough) to go right into that submission.

For the ladies, neither of them really showed they are on Ronda's level yet. I fear she has that division locked up for the foreseeable future.
Romano338
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Disappointed in Browne too. I was expecting more from him.
I thought Werdum had a bit more experience and that would favor him, but Browned didn't perform well. No gas tank, when you're a top contender, it's more than a problem (especially when the champ is Velasquez).
Like you dnac., I don't like the taunting and all that. It was not mean or overdone like sometimes, but I don't like that.

Very happy with Miesha's win, I'm happy she won her first UFC fight. But I think she's kind of semi-old school, the way a Condit is (or others). SHe has a style that was very good like 3 years ago, but the new MMA we have now is bad for her. She's good on feet and on the ground, but will have trouble with wrestling and smothering fighters against the fence. And on the ground, it will get harder and harder because now fighters knows how to defend easily.
I also discovered she was only 27 I thought she was around 31! So maybe she has time to evolve and adjust that.

On an other subject, I watched TUF 19's first episode. I think the UFC did a good magic trick with Pendred. All of the sudden, the guy with the most hype, the bigger name, and the guy that will evidently bring more viewers, doesn't have an opponent and has a free pass to the house. Coincidence?
And that kneebar attempt on Taleb was well played and nasty.

And Wanderlei/Sonnen:
http://nsa33.casimages.com/img/2014/04/21/140421075721354057.jpg
dna.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Yeah I'm happy for Miesha and I think she's got the heart and the fire to keep improving and she really does want to beat Ronda and get that belt. That's my kind of fighter right there - I've always seen her be humble and respectful yet ambitious and hungry. As far as I'm concerned that's what MMA should be about

TUF was good, some interesting fighters, and definitely a crazy kneebar (?) attempt that I'm not even sure the ref saw happen. Surprised to see the guy get out of that one. I didn't know the guy who got a free pass was the biggest name/draw, that definitely makes things more interesting as well.

Sad to see Wanderlei these days... I still remember him as the PRIDE beast nobody wanted to see across the ring. Still, I hope he beats Chael as there are few people I would want to see lose to him. I like him as a commentator but that's about it.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Chael's team finally wins a fight.. LOL.
Romano338
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject:

dna. wrote:
I didn't know the guy who got a free pass was the biggest name/draw, that definitely makes things more interesting as well.

He was talked quite a lot about a year ago. He took advantage of the McGregor hype, being Irish, and people started, for no apparent reason, to see him as the next big thing, the guy who would change the world almost.
The UFC will soon be in Ireland, and most people wanted him so bad to be on the card.
So his hype is not really based on his fights (although his record is good) but on the fact that he is Irish and people found his name around when McGregor was trashtalking everybody and making a name for himself.

So it's all good for the UFC. We all know TUF has hard times getting viewers. With Pendred sure to be in, some "hardcore" fans will tune in because they want to see him.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject:

No one else is watching tonight??
1since71
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Bones dominated Glover.great performance
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Main event wasnt even close. Bones dominated only time he got hit was because he wanted to exchange with the guy! Other then that, easy peasy!

Phil got dominated though. shocked a little. Other dude just played it smooth. Was a fun fight.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Tons of great fights tonight. The FS1 undercard was good enough to be the main card on a regular fight night. It's too bad they only give out 3 performance bonuses because I think like 5 or 6 fights totally deserve one.

Bones won't be dethroned until he starts to lose his athleticism in a few years, or something like GSP-Serra happens.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject:

kcxiv wrote:
Main event wasnt even close. Bones dominated only time he got hit was because he wanted to exchange with the guy! Other then that, easy peasy!

Phil got dominated though. shocked a little. Other dude just played it smooth. Was a fun fight.

Phil looked like he didn't want to get hit. I know Rumble hits like a truck, but still. Phil looks like he'd be more comfortable in a professional grappling promotion.
AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Tons of great fights tonight. The FS1 undercard was good enough to be the main card on a regular fight night. It's too bad they only give out 3 performance bonuses because I think like 5 or 6 fights totally deserve one.

Bones won't be dethroned until he starts to lose his athleticism in a few years, or something like GSP-Serra happens.

Or by getting knocked the hell out by exchanging with his opponents. It only takes one good punch for that!
Romano338
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:05 am    Post subject:

I won't remember much of the main event because it basically happened the exact same way I was seeing it.

White must be happy, Davis finally lost. After months of denying him a title shot, he can finally say "see, he doesn't deserve it".
Johnson looked absolutely HUGE in there, but also calm, composed and confident. Stopped everything from Davis, which is a great achievement (even though some of those takedown attemps were more desperate than anything else).
I still think Davis has his place in the top LHWs. Getting hit isn't his thing, well it's nobody's. Rumble hits very hard, Davis is still learning striking. It's sad for him because he should have had a title shot before, but now it gives him more time to improve (and maybe adapt more to full MMA).

Rockhold finished it really quick with Boetsch. Boetsch tried to go to the ground, weird considering Rockhold is a BJJ black belt who has 50+% of his wins by subs and all his losses are by KO/TKO. That was not much of a game plan.

Great guillotine by Benavidez, after getting pushed hard by Elliott in the beginning. I didn't even think he wanted the guillotine. I thought he wanted eventually to threatened the guillotine or have a headlock, and mount to then work something else. I realized he was actually after the mounted guillotine when he didn't let go the neck.

Correia vs Duke was the same I had predicted as a result, but went the oppposite. I thought Correia would grapple and dominate that way while Duke would cause her problems on feet because of her lengh.

Castillo's KO is a beauty. Fake the takedown, launch the right, out cold.
Beal's splendid too.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject:

man.. Jones chooses to beat these guys at their own games. Dirty boxing with Glover, wrestling Chael, striking with Lyoto.

That rematch is going to epic though. Gustafson is good and a tough match up for Jones. Their styles neutralize each others.

I still feel like Jones needs to utilize the jab more. He could be using that to measure and be landing strikes instead of just extending it and accidentally poking guys in the eye.

pretty much nitpicking now.. Duncan's got it right.. though he could get Ryo Chonan'ed and get crazy submitted.. Vitor almost did it.
AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
man.. Jones chooses to beat these guys at their own games. Dirty boxing with Glover, wrestling Chael, striking with Lyoto.

That rematch is going to epic though. Gustafson is good and a tough match up for Jones. Their styles neutralize each others.

I still feel like Jones needs to utilize the jab more. He could be using that to measure and be landing strikes instead of just extending it and accidentally poking guys in the eye.

pretty much nitpicking now.. Duncan's got it right.. though he could get Ryo Chonan'ed and get crazy submitted.. Vitor almost did it.

That Gustafson fight will be good again. I really want to see him fight Daniel Cormier! Cormier is a great puncher and good wrestler. Jones will have the reach advantage but Cormier power and wrestling got me intrigued to see this match up! It's the UFC so they'll definitely fight sooner than later! If this was boxing, they might not ever fight.
Romano338
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Cormier has nothing for Jones to me. Jones will do to him what he did to Glover (and others).
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:40 pm    Post subject:

Jones has manhandled wrestlers in every matchup so far.
Romano338
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:42 pm    Post subject:

Yep.
And to put Jones against the cage, good luck. He won't let you come close, he will punish you if you do, and he is way strong enough to put your back against the cage and destroy you.

I don't see a LHW beating Jones in the UFC. It can happen, Gustafson can win a close decision, so does some others, but there is no guy I see favorite, even slightly, against Jones.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 348, 349, 350 ... 497, 498, 499  Next
Page 349 of 499
Jump to: