Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject:

dna. wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
shortodom wrote:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3BT1zrUnuKw

I really don't think its act. The only reason I could see it being a act is to turn Jones into the Mayweather of the UFC cause he's starting to come off as unlikeable

Lol, wow.

Thanks for that link btw

I thought the media event "scuffle" thing was suspicious until I saw that footage in that link. Had no idea how much they hate each other and how far back it goes

I was one that thought that the melee wasn't staged. It just looked all too real...at least to me it did.

Jones' fake persona really shined with that clip.

Kiss my Converse.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject:

what's up with Cormier calling Jones fake? I really didn't understand all that... then threatens to spit in his face... did Jones (bleep) his wife or something?
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
what's up with Cormier calling Jones fake? I really didn't understand all that... then threatens to spit in his face... did Jones (bleep) his wife or something?

Because he puts on an act for interviews - Many fighters say the same thing. You could see it in the death threat video. Cormier calls him fake, and Jones doesn't even try to deny it.

To be honest, I don't care personally.
dna.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject:

I see why DC says that about Jones being "fake", but I disagree. Jones has been a champ for a long time and has been through countless interviews and dealings with the press. He knows what the job entails and how to do it. I would agree more with Jones and say he's being professional rather than say it's fake. He will be professional (for the most part) and measured on camera until he gets into the octagon and he'll let his fighting speak for itself there.

Anyway, I guess we got another almost 5 months of hype to deal with before they finally settle things
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Drifts wrote:

Because he puts on an act for interviews - Many fighters say the same thing. You could see it in the death threat video. Cormier calls him fake, and Jones doesn't even try to deny it.

To be honest, I don't care personally.

I don't think I'd consider it an act... Jones, I think, is just being PC. which is the right thing to do in front of cameras... this reminds me of all those "keeping it real" clips on youtube - it always ends nasty.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject:

They caught him.
http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/11359413/fugitive-fighter-war-machine-captured-us-marshals
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject:

I really wanted Dog to catch him.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:20 pm    Post subject:

From Jones' response, seems clear to me that DC's statement is true.

It's just part of the mega-fight hype game though and any fight with Jones is a mega-fight so, welcome to the bigs DC.

DC just doesn't like it. He doesn't have to. But he can expect 5 months more of it.

IMHO, I think Jones is too skilled and too great to lose to DC.

But, in my heart, I think the DC fight presents Jones with some challenges that have his attention.

Remember in the old boxing days, it wasn't uncommon for the champion to make the challenger wait in the ring as long as possible before entering the fighting area? It's called gamesmanship, I think.

Well, that's what I see going on now.

Wouldn't be surprised to see DC have someone look at Jones' MRI results.

I'm still skeptical about Jones' beard too.

Oh well.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
They caught him.
http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/11359413/fugitive-fighter-war-machine-captured-us-marshals

What a truly disgusting human being. He is basically a weapon, with his mma training. To use that on a woman, and that too a girl friend, nuts. She better have pissed on his mamma or done something truly disgusting for one to even somewhat think about lessening the sentence he will get. Crazy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Jones is the real deal. He's just getting the same treatment LeBron gets from his haters. Not calling any of you guys haters, but jones comes across just like James, a diva, self centred, I'm bigger than all this etc. and that rubs a lot of people the wrong way.

He's the greatest in MMA by far now that Silva has seemingly hit decline and won't ever be the same with the broken leg.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
They caught him.

What a truly disgusting human being. He is basically a weapon, with his mma training. To use that on a woman, and that too a girl friend, nuts. She better have pissed on his mamma or done something truly disgusting for one to even somewhat think about lessening the sentence he will get. Crazy.

I read on some other article a dentist is doing about 70k of dental work for free because he busted up her face so bad.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
They caught him.

I read on some other article a dentist is doing about 70k of dental work for free because he busted up her face so bad.

Yeah broken nose, 18 broken bones and teeth also broken. He should be charged as if he tried to kill her and nothing less. Hope he spends many, many years in jail.

About the only good thing for Mack in this is that she will probably be able to cosmetically look even better after this, after all the plastic surgeries. Her industry practically demands it anyway. I googled her when I read that article and damn, I'm a married man, but damn (don't love all the tattoos).
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:42 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Jones is the real deal. He's just getting the same treatment LeBron gets from his haters. Not calling any of you guys haters, but jones comes across just like James, a diva, self centred, I'm bigger than all this etc. and that rubs a lot of people the wrong way.

He's the greatest in MMA by far now that Silva has seemingly hit decline and won't ever be the same with the broken leg.

Jones IS the real deal. But, yeah, you nailed it ... he is basically Lebron right now ... down to the beard and the shades.

Which naturally turns some people off.

You could see DC was actually a shocked and a little hurt by Jones turning on the promoting switch like that. Doesn't that make you dislike Jones a little?
shortodom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Jones IS the real deal. But, yeah, you nailed it ... he is basically Lebron right now ... down to the beard and the shades.

You could see DC was actually a shocked and a little hurt by Jones turning on the promoting switch like that. Doesn't that make you dislike Jones a little?

We'll see, I could see Jones winning then Cane coming down to fight Jones.
1since71
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject:

shortodom wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

We'll see, I could see Jones winning then Cane coming down to fight Jones.

Cane is not coming down to fight anyone.JJ will move up in a year or two as he naturally puts on weight.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
UFC 177 just took another major hit.

The pay-per-view card, which initially was headlined by a pair of title fights, will now feature a title challenger stepping up on 24-hour notice.

Former bantamweight champion Renan Barao, who was scheduled to face off against UFC 135-pound champion in the main event of Saturday’s card in Sacramento, Calif., was forced out of the bout after complications during his weight cut.

Joe Soto (15-2), who was set to take on Anthony Birchak on the preliminary portion of the card, will now take on Dillashaw for the bantamweight title. Combate and ESPN reported the news.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/8/29/6084577/joe-soto-replaces-renan-barao-will-fight-t-j-dillashaw-in-ufc-177
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Why even make it a title fight. If something crazy happens the UFC is in the worst possible position.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Apparently, he was dizzy when cutting weight. Jeez, come on - Man the (bleep) up!! This is a gladiator sport. You can STILL FIGHT if you don't make weight. Even if its a non-title fight, at least you don't ruin the entire event the day before.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Dana White: Renan Barao will not receive a title shot upon his return
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/8/29/6084931/mma-news-dana-white-renan-barao-will-not-receive-title-shot-ufc-177

Good. I never understood his nut-hugging of Barao anyway. The dude never drew eyeballs or made any attempt to promote fights.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Hell of a comeback fight for Cruz. Have to think he gets an immediate title shot.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Yo we got a stream fellas?
dna.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:21 pm    Post subject:

I feel like the McGregor fight was stopped too early. From what I saw

That would make multiple fights recently where Herb Dean stopped it too early. Just one example of why I'd like to see refs held more accountable for their decisions and actions

Anyway good night of fights. I like both Romero and Kennedy but knew Kennedy was more likely to lose. He went out like a warrior but man that Romero tho. He looks better every time I see him and is the beast of that weight class if not the entire UFC
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Werdum just Ko'ed Hunt.. dang.. that knee was brutal
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:29 am    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
Werdum just Ko'ed Hunt.. dang.. that knee was brutal

Yeah it was. Hunt didn't seem KO'ed though he was slapping off Werdums punches/hands when Ref stopped it but it was definitely the right time to stop it.

The one thing about this fight. One could say Werdum/Hunt only happened because they don't want JDS/Cain 4. There's no doubt in my mind that JDS is a better fighter than Werdum and Hunt.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:50 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
They caught him.

Yeah broken nose, 18 broken bones and teeth also broken. He should be charged as if he tried to kill her and nothing less. Hope he spends many, many years in jail.

About the only good thing for Mack in this is that she will probably be able to cosmetically look even better after this, after all the plastic surgeries. Her industry practically demands it anyway. I googled her when I read that article and damn, I'm a married man, but damn (don't love all the tattoos).

No, he's an ass and deserves to go to prison for a very long time, but attempted murder should absolutely not be a crime for which he is charged. When a fighter is trained in MMA and they run into someone who is less of a fighter than them, as was obviously the case here, there's virtually nothing the other person can do that could prevent being killed. If he had wanted her dead, she would have been dead in 10 seconds.

Last edited by KobeBryantCliffordBrown on Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 356, 357, 358 ... 497, 498, 499  Next
Page 357 of 499
Jump to: