Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Connor/Aldo on now.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Not surprised Luke won. After the 1st, it just seems that the momentum was all with LR and he had the game plan.

Weidman and Rondo both lose first time ever within the span of a few weeks. Not a great time for Dana.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:54 pm    Post subject:

NO (bleep) WAY. WHAT!!!
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:55 pm    Post subject:

WOW !
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:55 pm    Post subject:

LOL well I was wrong. WOW
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Well at least Dana will have the Conner McGregor hype train.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:01 pm    Post subject:

I thought Aldo took a dive at first.
akbroker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:04 pm    Post subject:

The MMA version of the Pac-Marquez KO
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Why is Dana favoring fighters? What is this amateur hour? He should be paying attention to building his sport not which fighter he is buddies with.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:11 pm    Post subject:

I don't get Aldo's game plan though. He's one of the best strikers, if not the best, and you go close to him without protecting your face? I know I'm no MMA expert and no true understanding of the sport, but that to me looked like a major mistake on Aldo's part. Isn't that what CM wanted? Come close and spar so I can knock you out with my left from stand up?
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:14 pm    Post subject:

I have had sneezes that lasted longer than that fight.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:46 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
I don't get Aldo's game plan though. He's one of the best strikers, if not the best, and you go close to him without protecting your face? I know I'm no MMA expert and no true understanding of the sport, but that to me looked like a major mistake on Aldo's part. Isn't that what CM wanted? Come close and spar so I can knock you out with my left from stand up?

He was throwing a punch as he got hit. Can't cover your face when you are cocked and mid-swing. Aldo led with his chin and got caught literally right in the middle of a right/left combo. Love MMA to death but boxer's who say MMA guys have horrible hand striking aren't wrong. Every single guy swings a cross and leads with their chin. Conor doesn't...boxing pedigree.

Can't doubt Conor. Everything he said came true. These featherweights can't hit hard enough to faze him. He walked into Aldo's shot and blasted him with his left. Timed it 100%.

Flat out, he's too big/too strong for this weight class. Two week camp Mendez thing as a knock was a joke when I heard it. Dude had a sprained MCL. I'll take a two week camp like Mendez had if my opponenent had a wrecked knee 10 times out of 10. Conor's movement was night and day compared with the Mendez fight.

No featherweight wants a piece of Conor. Lightweight is a whole different story. Some big boys up there.

Last edited by jonnybravo on Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:09 pm    Post subject:

I hope Frankie doesn't get screwed out of a title shot after this.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:24 pm    Post subject:

https://embed.gyazo.com/5f4017ccd1551383551c343666c263ce.gif

The money angle shot.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:31 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

He was throwing a punch as he got hit. Can't cover your face when you are cocked and mid-swing. Aldo led with his chin and got caught literally right in the middle of a right/left combo. Love MMA to death but boxer's who say MMA guys have horrible hand striking aren't wrong. Every single guy swings a cross and leads with their chin. Conor doesn't...boxing pedigree.

Can't doubt Conor. Everything he said came true. These featherweights can't hit hard enough to faze him. He walked into Aldo's shot and blasted him with his left. Timed it 100%.

Flat out, he's too big/too strong for this weight class. Two week camp Mendez thing as a knock was a joke when I heard it. Dude had a sprained MCL. I'll take a two week camp like Mendez had if my opponenent had a wrecked knee 10 times out of 10. Conor's movement was night and day compared with the Mendez fight.

No featherweight wants a piece of Conor. Lightweight is a whole different story. Some big boys up there.

But considering what you wrote, should have Aldo gone for the punch/boxing so early? Shouldn't he have waited or tried to lure Conor into him. I mean even Chad Mendes did more damage and Aldo's better.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:36 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

But considering what you wrote, should have Aldo gone for the punch/boxing so early? Shouldn't he have waited or tried to lure Conor into him. I mean even Chad Mendes did more damage and Aldo's better.

Conor sprained his MCL for the Mendes fight. If you have a chance to rewatch his movement in it you should compare. Conor was stuck in mud but still managed to pop him with a shot in that fight. Going beyond that, Chad is a wrestler and Aldo is primarily a standup guy. You know what they say about matchups/styles and fights. Add those components up...Maybe Conor and Chad will have a rematch, I don't know. If Conor is 100% and Chad gets his full camp, I'll tell you smart money is on Conor (bleep) murking him.

In any event can't say why Aldo lunged in so early. It's not something unsual for him though. He's done it plenty of times before and it was a non-issue. Hard to say anything about what goes through a guy's head in a fight. For Aldo, he's probably thrown that exact combo, thousands of times in sparring and previous matches and nada. It's never an issue until it becomes one.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:48 pm    Post subject:

lol Connor will be interesting as a champion... he is a colorful character
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
akbroker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:32 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
https://embed.gyazo.com/5f4017ccd1551383551c343666c263ce.gif

The money angle shot.

Definitely Double KO if Aldo aimed for the chin. That would have been surreal.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:37 am    Post subject:

Obviously Conor was in Jose's head, Jose came out aggressive which played right into Conor's hand, and that shot was beautifully timed.

Not a fan of Conor's personality, but as a fighter how could you not like what he does.

Really thought this would be a war, actually expected Aldo to be a bit to fast for him.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:54 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
I hope Frankie doesn't get screwed out of a title shot after this.

Looks like Aldo won't get an immediate rematch. Good. He doesn't deserve it. He's done nothing to promote his fights or learn English. And he got tooled convincingly by a perfect left counter hook. I used to love him when he was in the WEC but in the last few years I feel the same way about him as I did about Anderson -- overly entitled and coasting. Conor is a breath of fresh air to a weight class that needs it.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:55 am    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
Obviously Conor was in Jose's head, Jose came out aggressive which played right into Conor's hand, and that shot was beautifully timed.

Not a fan of Conor's personality, but as a fighter how could you not like what he does.

Really thought this would be a war, actually expected Aldo to be a bit to fast for him.

Aldo is known for starting agressive.. his title fight against Cub was one of my favorites.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:11 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Moses wrote:

Aldo is known for starting agressive.. his title fight against Cub was one of my favorites.

He is, but the way he did it this time was just reckless.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:37 am    Post subject:

Lots of people paid $60 bucks for 13 seconds of action.
Deathstroke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Aldo didn't respect Connor's power, accuracy, and timing on his left hand counter. You can't lead in with your chin out and hand down trying to throw a power punch vs Mcgregor. His reflexes and accuracy are too good. I feel like some of the mind games Connor played had an impact on Aldo last night because he usually likes to throw leg kicks and counter punch not attack as he did last night.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Production audio pre-fight:

https://streamable.com/yfai

Lol, I didn't want to be the first one to say it. Just for any gamblers out there, words already out that Dos Anjos is looking a little deflated these days. USADA is a (bleep).
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 374, 375, 376 ... 497, 498, 499  Next
Page 375 of 499
Jump to: