Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 399, 400, 401 ... 497, 498, 499  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:23 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Yea I'm all aboard the Nunes train. She's a beast, coming into her own like you said. If her conditioning is improved, she'll efff Valentina up.(Even though Valentina is an amazing counter puncher). She shut Holmes down in a crazy way.

Cowboy was at a concert the night before the fight. lmao. His head movement is sub par, Masvidal attacked and Cowboy was froze.

I think the rematch has a chance to be a war. Valentina has a great chin. She's a bit of an oak stump and has very good endurance. Rewatched the first match up last night and, after fighting off a serious and prolonged guillotine attempt, she really took over by the third, she was able to land quite a few effective knees. If the new grounded fighter rule were in place then, she wins that fight. But we'll see this time around. If she can get into those championship rounds, maybe she has a chance to win by attrition.

So Cowboy allegedly didn't watch film or game plan and was out the night before? Sounds about right.

I can definitely seeing it being a war... but I just think Amanda is improved.. I'm leaning towards her lighting Valentina up.
I still think Valentina would win the championship rounds though....

I'm not even trying to underestimate Valentina, she's amazing.

I think Andrade vs. JJ could be a very close fight. Andrade is a bull coming forward, and she showed cardio last night. Maybe she even takes JJ down.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
really crappy fight card tonight...!

That's why it was on FS1 for free .
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject:

no love for the zombie? after 3 years.. comes back and KOs a top 10 fighteR?
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

I can definitely seeing it being a war... but I just think Amanda is improved.. I'm leaning towards her lighting Valentina up.

I think Andrade vs. JJ could be a very close fight. Andrade is a bull coming forward, and she showed cardio last night. Maybe she even takes JJ down.

I completely agree with you regarding Nunes's improvement. She looks pretty damn beastly. But one thing I'm trying to keep in mind, to temper those thoughts, is that she just showed out against Rousey who was tailor made for Amanda in every possible way: stylistically, mentally, strategically. If Valentina can withstand, the cardio is going to be her best chance. We'll see. Definitely a fight to watch.

Andrade is a bulldog, no doubt. She's going to be eating a healthy dose of JJ strikes just to get somewhere near putting the champ in danger. Then again, Karolina was able to give JJ a full workday by just being able to take a beating. If she had even decent striking, it would have been an even tougher fight. So maybe Andrade can really make JJ stretch. Another interesting matchup.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
no love for the zombie? after 3 years.. comes back and KOs a top 10 fighteR?

Very impressive return. His pace and temperament were surprising. Didn't press and, agree with DC, after he got belted, he really woke up and kicked it into gear. He's going to be bringing some more interest into the division.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

I completely agree with you regarding Nunes's improvement. She looks pretty damn beastly. But one thing I'm trying to keep in mind, to temper those thoughts, is that she just showed out against Rousey who was tailor made for Amanda in every possible way: stylistically, mentally, strategically. If Valentina can withstand, the cardio is going to be her best chance. We'll see. Definitely a fight to watch.

Andrade is a bulldog, no doubt. She's going to be eating a healthy dose of JJ strikes just to get somewhere near putting the champ in danger. Then again, Karolina was able to give JJ a full workday by just being able to take a beating. If she had even decent striking, it would have been an even tougher fight. So maybe Andrade can really make JJ stretch. Another interesting matchup.

WE BACK TONIGHT my friend. Typing this during Glover's fight, he just got wobbled - he can't handle our blacksplosiveness.

Holly has been looking thick and sexy so I'm rooting for her win tonight.

Bunch of good fights coming up this year, not so many tonight - but some entertainment...
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:53 pm    Post subject:

^ Bogus championship fight. That chick clocked Holly TWICE after the bell rung. Should have been given a warning after the first. Point taken after the 2nd.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:31 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
^ Bogus championship fight. That chick clocked Holly TWICE after the bell rung. Should have been given a warning after the first. Point taken after the 2nd.

no doubt about it. Sucks! Feel for Holly. Booty popping out of her shorts and all.
I do feel like the other chick is probably the slightly better fighter......but she cheated.. Striking after the bell. The 2nd time she did it - I think she was pissed because Holly made slight contact on an 'illegal kick to a downed fighter'. Point should have been taken away from the chick regardless. Fight would have been a draw.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Cheap shots for sure. Which is why GDR is now taking to social media to state the case that she's not a dirty fighter and calling for a rematch against Holm.

I like Holly a lot but it's obvious she just doesn't have much pop. She's a little like Cerrone in that she uses her punches primarily to set up her kicks. She does that charge thing with a two to three punch combo where she really has no intention of landing, she's just getting close enough to deliver a leg strike. She was just getting countered the first two rounds. She adjusted well but just didn't have enough to make GDR really respect her. It's a tough spot for her to be in.

That card was pretty sad and Dana even admitted it. I don't know what they were thinking with that thing.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:07 am    Post subject:

Yea Holly has been really disappointing 2 fights in a row imo. She just looks like she isn't an effective boxer.
GDR was counter punching the crap out of her in the first two rounds, landing hard shots. Shevshenko did the same.
Still think Holly deserved a draw or the W.

Card was an abomination. GTR, Dana was crazy for that card, absolutely.

209 is gunna be crazyyy though
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Yea Holly has been really disappointing 2 fights in a row imo. She just looks like she isn't an effective boxer.
GDR was counter punching the crap out of her in the first two rounds, landing hard shots. Shevshenko did the same.

She looked good against Tate and was winning the fight until she got caught slipping and got choked. GDR was just going for the homerun punch which was annoying as f***, GDR didn't really do anything else. Personally, I thought Holly easily won the fight.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

She looked good against Tate and was winning the fight until she got caught slipping and got choked. GDR was just going for the homerun punch which was annoying as f***, GDR didn't really do anything else. Personally, I thought Holly easily won the fight.

Yea but Tate is a walking target with no head-movement. I love Tate but kinda feel bad that Holly lost that one and it started her spiral downward

Do you wana see the Holm GDR rematch?
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Yea but Tate is a walking target with no head-movement. I love Tate but kinda feel bad that Holly lost that one and it started her spiral downward

It's a dead division. Only other 2 girls on the horizon that'll fight at 145 is Cyborg (roided to the gills) and Megan Anderson.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

It's a dead division. Only other 2 girls on the horizon that'll fight at 145 is Cyborg (roided to the gills) and Megan Anderson.

it's ridiculous. And Dana doesn't even speak confidently that they'll keep it around. He's just like "we'll see", when the question of keeping it is kind of alluded to.

And then GDR has a messed up hand and may need time off. This is horrible
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject:

EDIT: Double Post

Last edited by Gimme_the_rock on Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

I think Megan Anderson would help the new division during its infancy. There would still only be a few fighters early but all of them would be strikers so there is at least potential for some entertaining fights to be had. I also think that the division will evolve with time. Women's MMA is really gaining traction both in audience and participant appeal. But they just shouldn't schedule any PPV's around it until after the weight class takes stronger shape.

Holm getting caught at the end of her fight with Tate was a really bad blow for her. Would have been cool to see her go against Nunes instead of Meisha, even though I think she still loses her belt. She's just appears to be more of a bridge fighter between Rousey/Tate and Nunes/Shevchenko eras. And even if she does get a rematch with GDR, who (as you pointed out) is really going to care to see it? It would definitely be an undercard and might even be the headliner on a free Fox Night.

As it sits currently, GDR would rather get surgery than face Roidberg and I can't say I blame her. Borg was the primary motivation behind the UFC starting the new women's division after Justino almost killed herself making 135 (she looked like Ozzy Ozborne at the last weigh in of her last fight). And then she got popped again. But I think it'll take some patience to let things play out for the division so I think they should just stay the course. Having it and removing it so quickly would just be a bad look, IMO because eventually, the fighters will catch up.
dna.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject:

GSP is officially back! I really hope he doesn't bite off more than he can chew and return only to immediately get his ass kicked in a title fight like Ronda... Maybe he should have a fight or two before fighting for the strap?

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/georges-st-pierre-inks-new-deal-to-return-to-the-ufc-021717
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject:

Sat. night Feb 18 ob Spike, Bellator has:

Fedor vs. Mitrione

Not sure what Fedor has left, but back in the day, he was awesome...!

POSTPONED DUE TO MITRIONE HAVING KIDNEY STONES!

Last edited by unleasHell on Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Browne v Black Beast is going to be a good one! And Hendrix v Lombard. I'm in
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Browne v Black Beast is going to be a good one! And Hendrix v Lombard. I'm in

And free to boot! Got to wipe the stink of 208 away.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Wow the Black BEAST! Man late stoppage. Yamasaki is (bleep) a horrible ref...those last few shots were ridiculous.
Free_Kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Yamasaki WTF?!
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Free_Kobe wrote:
Yamasaki what the heck?!

He's the absolute worse. Someone is eventually going to suffer permanent brain damage. He's ALWAYS so damn slow to stop fights. It wasn't even a quick flurry, Lewis was loading up on those bombs at the end.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Wow, the side view of those bombs. Travis' head was bouncing off the mat. Nasty.
Free_Kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject:

It was so bad I couldn't even watch the replay! I just don't get how you can't tell if someone isn't "intelligently defending" themselves.

Last edited by Free_Kobe on Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 399, 400, 401 ... 497, 498, 499  Next
Page 400 of 499
Jump to: