DA or McKie -- Who will accept first?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Will Say "I do" First?
McKie
54%
 54%  [ 59 ]
DA
31%
 31%  [ 34 ]
None
13%
 13%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 108

startrex
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:02 am    Post subject: DA or McKie -- Who will accept first?

LA reported lakers offered $2.5 to either player.
First to accept will get the job.
Who do you think will say "I do?"
startrex
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:08 am    Post subject:

I think we should thank McKie and the Sixers.
It makes the recruiting job easier. Be it Mckie or DA.
But I'd like to warn you folks, we should spare Mithch from any finger pointing if whowever says I do first does not meet the expectation (either performance wise or due to injury).

I can see some will say "Stupid M!...Should have offered Mckie or DA only!"
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:59 am    Post subject:

I voted DA will make the move first, I also think that DA brings more at this stage of their careers, but either one is okay with me considering DA's health issues.

Either player is a good fit in the Triangle, both close to the same size. DA 2 years younger, AM more sturdy...

Good move by Mitch...

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
startrex
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject:

LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
I voted DA will make the move first, I also think that DA brings more at this stage of their careers, but either one is okay with me considering DA's health issues.

Either player is a good fit in the Triangle, both close to the same size. DA 2 years younger, AM more sturdy...

Good move by Mitch...

Looks like the other half MLE will be used for a veteran big man and LLE for another PG? Or maybe the usage will depend upon the "speculation" still going on here? All is not improbable. Nobody really knows. I am just curious that why dont we just get the two of them. Will anotehr PG comes from a possible trade? Rose?

I dont know. Just speculate. But I love my thinking.
HRE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:31 am    Post subject:

I'm hoping for DA.
generic_one
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject:

I hope it's Anderson, but it'll probably be McKie because he doesn't have as many options as Derek does.
VonWafer&KobeBryantFa
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject:

DA I hope
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
startrex
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:14 am    Post subject:

generic_one wrote:
I hope it's Anderson, but it'll probably be McKie because he doesn't have as many options as Derek does.

True on his limited option. But DA lacks the attitude McKie has. DA has been shopping here and there while McKie was near a deal with Nets, as rumored, before Mitch offered $2.5m to each.

So, attitude-wise, DA has not really shown a great interest with LA. I won't be that disappointed if he does not come here. We want a player who does want to play here.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject:

Between these two? NO doubt about it! Mckie!! Both of them pay rent to a hospital but, Mckie really does bust ass on defense and, like all the Sixers that the Lakers disposed of in the first episode of the Bling Bling "have a lot of heart"

Seriously Mckie knows how to "be a role player" By that I mean he stays in his place and, works hard within it. If Jax ask him to cover a guy like white on rice he'll get it done. If jax ask him to make sure to find a comfortable spot out there and, Kobe will get it to you for the J, Mckie will get that done as well with style. His attitude and, tougness would be a huge plus...

Take the deal off the table for DA Mitch... Let his bluffin ass be a Stetson hat wearing, gator boots steppin Texan...
startrex
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
Between these two? NO doubt about it! Mckie!! Both of them pay rent to a hospital but, Mckie really does bust ass on defense and, like all the Sixers that the Lakers disposed of in the first episode of the Bling Bling "have a lot of heart"

Seriously Mckie knows how to "be a role player" By that I mean he stays in his place and, works hard within it. If Jax ask him to cover a guy like white on rice he'll get it done. If jax ask him to make sure to find a comfortable spot out there and, Kobe will get it to you for the J, Mckie will get that done as well with style. His attitude and, tougness would be a huge plus...

Take the deal off the table for DA Mitch... Let his bluffin ass be a Stetson hat wearing, gator boots steppin Texan...

I agree on McKie's work ethic and attitude by watching him playing with sixers. considering DA is always injury prone, the pluses should point to McKie. Luckily he does not have to guard Prince if he joins LA.
Serious NBA Fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject:

^^^^^ Therefore, we should get both!
Phil
Retired

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject:

I want both.
nextphenom23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject:

DA is the better player but McKie will sign because he wants to start. I think DA really doesnt care.

The Spurs will never live up to the dynasty we created
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject:

Both are injury prone. I think DA can hold up longer than Mckie, which is why I prefer DA.
startrex
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject:

Phil wrote:
I want both.

Yup, I should have provided the option!
Any way, I assume Lakers just want one of them.
McKie is leading. I don't know if those who voted for him really expected him our pg too.
SLYONE4KB
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject:

I prefer McKie because I think he has a winning attitude. I don't really get the feeling that Anderson really wants to start. I think his injuries of the past 2 years have made him gun shy and all of this talk of starting is his agent's attempt to bolster his status. I hope I am wrong and that we can get both.
dwonderful
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject:

im gonna put mckie, but who knows
aastyle87
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject:

I rather have Anderson , but i think itll be Mckie, im scared that Mckie is a little old and has maybe lost a step and that he may have trouble keeping up defensively, even though he is known as a good defender ( GP was nicknamed "the glove" and look what happened to him)...

1 thing i do like about Mckie is that he works his butt off, he has a good basketball IQ and doesnt make stupid plays.
Van-Exel26
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject:

I have a bad feeling it's going to be Mckie
twoface723
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Van-Exel26 wrote:

Me too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
SoCalRebel
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Van-Exel26 wrote:

I dunno if Mckie is such a bad thing, although I too prefer DA-- he is injury-prone. And that could leave us with Smush or Sasha as the starting PG... Both could turn into solid players but I don't want either of them starting at this point in their careers
LakerLegend
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject:

I'm definitely pulling for McKie. I don't have a good feeling about DA as a person. I remember he came to Atlanta for some charity bball game and a fan asked him why he left the Spurs and he looked at the fan, smiled and he rubbed the tips of his thumb and first two fingers to signify that he was all about the moolah. Besides, as someone else said, McKie will play defense. Remember, he played with Iverson and there is no way that Kobe is the type of ballhog that Iverson is, so not getting the ball is nothing new to him.
startrex
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject:

LakerLegend wrote:
I'm definitely pulling for McKie. I don't have a good feeling about DA as a person. I remember he came to Atlanta for some charity bball game and a fan asked him why he left the Spurs and he looked at the fan, smiled and he rubbed the tips of his thumb and first two fingers to signify that he was all about the moolah. Besides, as someone else said, McKie will play defense. Remember, he played with Iverson and there is no way that Kobe is the type of ballhog that Iverson is, so not getting the ball is nothing new to him.

I think the attitude part has not been part of Lakers' consideration. Apparently, lakers just want to get a player that can also play another position. DA and Mckie certainly are capable of playing outside their natural position. So, despite his past attittude, DA is still a decent target.

DA may decide to sign with Lakers because his chance of being a strater here is surely better than if he joins Houston where Sura certainly is their number one PG. He must have thought he was capable of playing well with the Lakers in the first year by demanding a second year as a player option in his contract (as his agent indicated).

McKie is still a question mark. Money wise, it's really not a significant difference (this also applies to DA if he signs an LLE with Houston). McKie has not really openly expressed his desire to join Lakers while rumored to have been very close to signing a deal with Nets. Consdering a better offer from LA and a "much better" fringe benefits as a Laker... I have to say that the chance of getting McKie to say "I do" first is as good as DA does it first.

I expect to have a pg by next week, regardless of who gets it first.
djb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject:

HRE wrote:
I'm hoping for DA.

Preach it, fadda.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject:

omg whos it gonna be? The suspense is killing me!

I cant wait till 07, when our options are gonna be Amare or Bosh or Yao.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: