Poll: Odom/George/Divac for Artest/Croshere/Bender
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you do this trade?
Yes
59%
 59%  [ 83 ]
No
40%
 40%  [ 57 ]
Total Votes : 140

KingKobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject:

loseyourname wrote:
I love this trade myself. Kobe, Artest, and Kwame might be the three guys in the league that have the most to prove this season. Combine them with a rejuvenated Phil and we could see a real "us against the world" team with a chip on its shoulder. Heck, even DA has something to prove, if he's signed, then we have "Jawbreaker" Wafer.

Come on, can you imagine the boos in opposing arenas when you have Kobe and Artest on the same team? That might be the most hated combo since Mahorn/Laimbeer. If Bynum/Brown really develop and all that talent clicks, we could be looking at the NBA version of the Miami Hurricanes of the late 80's. Let us not forget, either, what I think is the single most important factor in this trade: Bender expires in 2007 and Artest makes way less than Odom. We could potentially add a max free agent, realistically, to a core of Kobe/Artest/Bynum, and not have to surround them with complete minimum wage scrubs.

I agree eith you 100%. When the Lakers step on the court and every other arena in the league boo's them like no other, that's the best part of being a Laker fan. Eveyone hates the team, hates the players, hates the city. And everyone in Laker land just gives 'em the old laker arrogance as they tear their teams hearts out. Lakers are like the evil empire. Or were. Last year they were the vindicate all there enemies by sucking and not caring and Chucky Atkins. This year I want to watch Kobe and Ron suck the life out of them. I want to watch Kobe walk over a dystoyed team. I want to watch Artest make the home town hero look like a little girl. As a Laker fan that's what I want to see.

Plus since we'r going for cap space anyway, lets just go for broke. With only Kobe and Artest on the pay roll. We have enough cap space to really go crazy. Sign Amare and Hinrich easy.

Bynum (or resigned Mihm)
Amare
Artest
Kobe
Hinrich

Can you say domination? We'd trouce the heat, and with Kobe with 2 or 3 years left in his prime. And Amare's even younger. I can hear the star wars empire theme now. Hell, throw in Dirk for Amare, if that's what happened. Either way will be good for two more years, and great for three more after that.

"We're all surrounded by idiots." - Kobe Bryant
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject:

yesman wrote:

Odom is not better than Artest in the post. Odom is what, 220 or so now? Artest is 250 and much stronger.

LOL weight means nothign if you dont have the moves and odom has the moves he has them since he was in clipper land.

Quote:
Odom doesn't have any true go to move or spot, that's why he's not a very good scorer. He's not a shooter, not a slasher, and not a post player. He doesn't do any of these three things well enough to exploit a mismatch, and that's why he'll never be a 20 points a game type of guy. Hopefully he can become a great defender.

Odom does everything except defend better than ron ron. Your talking all of this move and shooting crap Odom has a better career fg% than ron better rebs,assist, and blocks. Stop getting hype over a name outside of defense he has no real big effect on a game. he doesnt create mismatches like you say either. He hardly defends SF its mostly guards. Sure we can use some defense but ill take good team defense & what Odom brings to the game offensively over what artest brings.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Oh yea yesman Odom avg 6 ast in his 3 year 2002
trpldblr
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject:

yesman, Artest is not better offensively than LO, he's just more aggresive. LO has more offensive weapons, yes, he can drive, he's a mismatch to anyone in this league, and he's a very underated postplayer. The only advantage Artest has over LO in offense is his aggresiveness, hence his higher scoring average.

It seems to me like you've never seen Odom play outside of last season. This is the guy Larry Brown surrounded with praise, and said was his best player in the olympics; for those that say he has no heart, well let me tell u he had a lot more heart than all those allstars who refused to go to the olympics, scared that they'd get blown to pieces by terrorist.

We need to stop undermining LO, and start believing in him and show him some support, he's not going anywhere anytime soon. Last season was a nightmare and nobody not even Kobe played to his potential, much less Odom who was taken out of his point forward game completely. This season will be different, and all you nay sayers will soon be Odom praisers. Lots of you will have a lot of apologizing to do, when Odom has his best season ever and takes Kwame into uncharted territories.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject:

trpldblr wrote:
yesman, Artest is not better offensively than LO, he's just more aggresive. LO has more offensive weapons, yes, he can drive, he's a mismatch to anyone in this league, and he's a very underated postplayer. The only advantage Artest has over LO in offense is his aggresiveness, hence his higher scoring average.

It seems to me like you've never seen Odom play outside of last season. This is the guy Larry Brown surrounded with praise, and said was his best player in the olympics; for those that say he has no heart, well let me tell u he had a lot more heart than all those allstars who refused to go to the olympics, scared that they'd get blown to pieces by terrorist.

We need to stop undermining LO, and start believing in him and show him some support, he's not going anywhere anytime soon. Last season was a nightmare and nobody not even Kobe played to his potential, much less Odom who was taken out of his point forward game completely. This season will be different, and all you nay sayers will soon be Odom praisers. Lots of you will have a lot of apologizing to do, when Odom has his best season ever and takes Kwame into uncharted territories.

Im cosigning this
KingKobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject:

trpldblr wrote:
The only advantage Artest has over LO in offense is his aggresiveness, hence his higher scoring average.

Don't forget Artest is also a much better shooter. And I'd say a bit more atheltic too (def stronger).

Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe wrote:
trpldblr wrote:
The only advantage Artest has over LO in offense is his aggresiveness, hence his higher scoring average.

Don't forget Artest is also a much better shooter. And I'd say a bit more atheltic too (def stronger).

base on what his .418 fg%? or Odoms .445fg%?
edward
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject:

HELL NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dont trade lamar, they can keep croshere and we'll give them slava, george, vlade and a 2nd rd pick for just artest and bender
KingKobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject:

I meant long range shooting.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject:

trpldblr wrote:

Good reasons why the Lakers should make the trade.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Some people just overhype Lamar's offense and undervalue Ron's defense. I'll take an elite defender over a versatile 16ppg scorer any day of the week. Players like Lamar help you win regular season games, but players like Ron help you win championships.

I saw someone use the argument that Lamar pushed Indiana to a 7-game series in the playoffs: (A) It was a 6 game series not 7, and (B) Wade was the biggest reason that series was so competitive. Lamar played well, but Wade took his game to another level.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: