*** LAKERS @ NUGGETS 11/1 Game Thread ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject:

All you needed to check to know that it wasn't 2006 or 2007 was the box score at the end of the game because the Lakers won.
Lakers 4 eva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject:

edwood94 wrote:
Lakers 4 eva wrote:

I don't like the fact that he has to bail us out of a game since we're supposed to be this offensive juggernaught but hey nights like these happen when nothing goes right and you're main guy has to bail you out.

Did Gasol play like crap? He did not receive more than a pair of passes in the 2 final quarters. OK, we won, but I hate the way we did it. We can NOT rely on a single player for 12 minutes!! If , in the third game of the season, when we face our first problem, Phil tells the team "hey, guys, now, errrr, well, Kobe will shoot every shot in the last 12 minutes", then we are in serious trouble. What will we do in the playoffs? Give him the ball to solve a tied game in the last 24 minutes? I´m seriously dissapointed.

Is that Kobe's fault that Gasol not receive passes in the block in the 3rd and 4th? Let me know if it is so I can figure out what type of glasses you're wearing. If its not his fault then stop fkn whining. We won (bleep) happens sometimes.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

W! check.
Mr. Closer. check.
guitargodhoracegrant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Raptor2k wrote:
Master)v(ind wrote:
good move by Phil to take out Bynum. Bynum took over only shot in the entire game, Bynum has a been a nonfactor

Lol...he can't shoot if he doesn't get the ball to begin with.

your sig with CMB's quote is the stupidest thing i've ever seen especially the 8X8X8=24. someone apparently made a big booboo
anyone here in lakerland like the following musicians: Yngwie Malmsteen, Symphony X, Dream Theater, Angra, Vinnie Moore, Adagio, Tony MacAlpine, Steve Vai, George Bellas, Planet X, Pagan's Mind. if so, shout me a holla?!
OX1947
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Actually, that looked like every Denver team I have ever seen with a Kobe Bryant team laying the dagger towards the end.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject:

This game is just shows that even though the Lakers have a lot of talent, there will be games when everyone can't do anything and you're superstar has to try and take over.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

We won.
Master)v(ind
Star Player
Star Player

Raptor2k wrote:
Master)v(ind wrote:
good move by Phil to take out Bynum. Bynum took over only shot in the entire game, Bynum has a been a nonfactor

Lol...he can't shoot if he doesn't get the ball to begin with.

he had 20+ mins to take at least 1 other shots
“A story about Kobe is the first time they went to be fitted for their USA uniforms and Kobe starts crying. The equipment person asks him what happened and Kobe was like, man, you don’t understand, I’ve dreamed of playing for my country."
jabberjaw
Star Player
Star Player

Quote:
why is kobe taking all the shots

fuking stupid

lol fail.
koolmo23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Behemoth wrote:
Only on LG do people complain about Kobe taking over late in the game. Incredible.

unreal one of the best closer in the History of the NBA and folks complaining that he shooting.
Lakers For Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Pau Gasol 16 points and 16 boards!
edwood94
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Behemoth wrote:
Only on LG do people complain about Kobe taking over late in the game. Incredible.

Nobody has complained about that. I complain about people being naive enough to say "hey , Kobe saved us, great!" without extracting any conclusion from the fact that we don´t have any kind of confidence in a team that, 2 days ago, was one of the deepest inthe NBA. In the third game of the season!!In our first little problem!! 12 entire minutes for one single player!! Try to do that against Boston. Oh, well, we already did it. And we saw the result
Brand New
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Gasol's dunk

sick dunk on the birdman! I need someone to post in on youtube!
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject:

I never at any time during the game felt we were gonna lose. Was strange though we hardly went to Pau and Drew in the post in the 2nd half im sure thats not what Phil wanted, but we definitely picked up the defense. Rad definitely went to work on defense again.
edwood94
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject:

Lakers 4 eva wrote:
then stop fkn whining.

Thanks for the good manners. It´s been a pleasure to talk with such a polite guy.
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject:

24KaratGold wrote:
I would be disappointed if the Lakers don't break 105 points.

I am disappointed. Although the 97 points scored by the Nuggets had a lot to do with it too.
Lakers For Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject:

Lots of warnings will be issued tonight lol.
kups
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject:

GameTimeLaker wrote:
We won.

#2 Lonzo
#28 Derrick White, Jordan Bell, Deonte Burton
LongtimeLakerLover
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject:

I have LP and had to listen to the Nugget announcers. Let me tell you, all the ticky tacky fouls that got called on the Lakers were "justified" and all the calls the Lakers finally got in their favor weren't there - just "lucky." It made me want to throw up.

The game wasn't pretty but I like the fact that we were able to execute down the stretch. Keeping it close was really good and there was always a sense for me that if they kept it close we'd pull it out.

Kobe did what Kobe does but it wasn't like there weren't other contributions. Fish hit some great shots and was aggressive. I liked how they all attacked the basket pretty consistantly. I would have liked to have seen Drew way more active on the boards and in his defense, but he probably felt like if he even looked in the guys direction he'd get called for the foul. Stupid refs.

And OT but as a person who used to complain a little about Joel Myers, well I'd take him anyday over those homers. Ugh.
Laker_Behemoth
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject:

edwood94 wrote:
Laker_Behemoth wrote:

Nobody has complained about that. I complain about people being naive enough to say "hey , Kobe saved us, great!" without extracting any conclusion from the fact that we don´t have any kind of confidence in a team that, 2 days ago, was one of the deepest inthe NBA. In the third game of the season!!In our first little problem!! 12 entire minutes for one single player!! Try to do that against Boston. Oh, well, we already did it. And we saw the result

You're acting quite ridiculous it seems. No one has confidence in this team? Count me out of your little pity party.

Sasha and Jordan played bad. It happens.
Fish and Radmanovic shot poorly for much of the game. It happens.
Alot of short buckets around the rim did not go in. It happens.
Bynum had about 4 buckets get overturned by "offensive fouls." It happens.
The team as a whole gets jobbed by the refs for the entire first half. It happens.
A man named Kobe Bryant took over when everything else went bad. It happens. Often.

We had a bad game. Say it with me. A bad game. Teams have bad games from time to time; no team is consistently perfect. But when other teams have bad games, when other teams play below their normal standards of excellence, while battling referees for a good portion of the game, they lose. When the Lakers do it, we win.

Overall, we played poorly. We came out unprepared for their challenge on the defensive end and we had our main stars in foul trouble. But we had a good defensive effort (held a team that averages over 110 a game to 97), a great showing from Pau, and a monstrous effort from Kobe. We won the game. And it will not always be that hard. I promise you this.
"After watching Bryant and Cooper go at it for about 10 minutes West stood up, nodded at two team public-relations men he'd brought with him, and snapped, 'That's it, let's get out of here, I've seen enough. He's better than anyone on our team.'"

Last edited by Laker_Behemoth on Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lakers For Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Lakers, Hornets, Rockets all 3-0. Top 3 projected teams in West doing their thing.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject:

edwood94 wrote:
Laker_Behemoth wrote:

The whole team with a couple of exceptions shot poorly tonight. We had multiple players in foul trouble. We were on the road where benches don't usually perform as well as at home. Being the leader of the team means finding a way to win even when things are going against your team. Even so, Kobe waited to take over until the game was tied and we needed a spark.

Look, Kobe is the MVP best player in the game. Phil wants him to take over in those circumstances (4th quarter of a close game). Coach K with a team full of superstars wanted him to take over in the 4th quarter of the gold medal game. It's his job. And it has nothing to do with confidence in the rest of the team. Every great team needs a go-to player. This isn't some new concept invented by Kobe or "Kobe fans."
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject:

Lakers win ugly on the road. At least Phil has a chance to do some coaching and teaching until the next game and try to get the younger players back into sync. Bynum, Farmar, and Sasha looked out of sync in this game but I expect them to rebound for the next game.
edwood94
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Behemoth wrote:
[You're acting quite ridiculous / Count me out of your little pity party./We had a bad game. Say it with me. A bad game.

Seriously, guys. Some of you need to chill out. If you disagree, no problem, speak, don´t attack people who don´t think in the same way you do. I´m not a kid. I´m 33 and I´ve seen tons of basketball, I don´t need to repeat anything with you,but maybe you need to watch last season´s finals again and you´ll see my point.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 38 of 39
Jump to: