Circuit City to Close 155 Stores. Where do you go to get your gear?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
Chewrockan wrote:
just shop at Costco if you have to walk in to buy electronics/dvds. these other chains aren't worth your time.

I did just that. I just bought a 50 inch plasma for $995 at Costco. 90 day return policy, 2 year warranty included for no additional charge. Panasonic. It's embarassingly huge. I can't wait to watch my first Laker game on it.

At this very moment, I hate you!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
BigGameYimmy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Dang Mervyns and Circuit City announcing this in the same week. I used to do business at both a long time ago...who's next?
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:52 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Circuit City files for Bankruptcy

In a press release issued this morning, the Richmond, Virginia company announced that it had filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. There had been some speculation that Circuit City would put off a filing until after the holiday season, but the company's inability to convince suppliers to ship merchandise made that impossible:

Faced with the need to secure ongoing vendor support and to ensure adequate merchandise flow to stores during the important holiday season, the company has determined that it would be in the best interest of its stakeholders to file for reorganization relief under Chapter 11. Operating under the protection of Chapter 11 will provide the company's vendors with assurances that they will be paid for merchandise the company receives post-filing so the company can be sufficiently stocked for the holiday selling season.

The stock is trading in the 12-cent per share range, down from a 52-week high of $8.24. Back in 2006, the company's stock traded as high as $30 per share. In 2000, the shares briefly traded at more than $50 per share.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject:

Wow about a year later than I expected this to happen.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: