iPhone Thread! All iPhone owners come here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 82, 83, 84  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mockerfab4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject:

Woo Hoo! I'm an iPhone convert. Just bought a used 2g iPhone and jailbroke it to run off Tmobile.

I absolutely love this phone!!!! I don't even turn on my Mac anymore, because my iphone does everything, but smaller.

I can't say enough on how l love this phone.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:23 am    Post subject:

Mockerfab4 wrote:
Woo Hoo! I'm an iPhone convert. Just bought a used 2g iPhone and jailbroke it to run off Tmobile.

I absolutely love this phone!!!! I don't even turn on my Mac anymore, because my iphone does everything, but smaller.

I can't say enough on how l love this phone.

its a great phone! My favorite little toy Enjoy it!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject:

I've been a blackberry user for years. Just got the Storm and couldn't be more dissapointed.

I got so frustrated with it that I went to an ATT store and looked at the iphone & Bold.

Question: If you connect the iphone to your wifi, does it increase your reception or just give you faster browsing?

the sales rep said it only gives you faster browsing but I heard different.

And if you use Skype, will that give you better reception since you're using a voice over IP?

The answers will help me decide if I switch to ATT or go back to using my Verizon Blackberry and return the Storm.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject:

^^^ As far as I know it's only browsing. You're not using VoIP when you're on the ATT network, so there's no reason your reception would be better on wifi.

Also, I have heard fring is a good VoIP app but I haven't tried it. Apparently it lets you use your Skype account and also is SIP compatible.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Perfect Makes Practice wrote:
I've been a blackberry user for years. Just got the Storm and couldn't be more dissapointed.

You aren't the only one:

Quote:
Readers React to David Pogue’s Review of the BlackBerry Storm
I learned something last week.

In my Times print column, I reviewed the BlackBerry Storm, by far the worst product Research in Motion has ever produced. I had problems with its concept, problems with its clicky touch screen, problems with its speed, and above all, problems with bugs (which the company refused to acknowledge, even when I sent them videos of the phone acting up and even locking up).

About 100 readers wrote to say that they had bought the Storm and now regretted it. Some samples:

“I want to thank you for validating the experiences I’ve had with my new BlackBerry Storm. It has been an absolute nightmare. As soon as I return to New York, I will take advantage of Verizon’s 30-day return policy and get rid of this monstrosity.”

“I rushed out last week to try the new Storm–and was frustrated, confused and bewildered by the device. I couldn’t use the browser, and was even hard pressed to make a phone call.”

“My Storm was like something from a Stephen King novel: possessed of its own mind. Touching or selecting on the screen highlighted something totally unrelated. The lag in switching from horizontal to vertical almost made it seem that the screen was deciding its own when to shift.”

“One of my co-workers, who is almost militant in his disdain for all things Apple, couldn’t wait to get his hands on a Storm. Lo & behold, 30 minutes later, he was trying to figure out a way to get his money back.”

Article
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject:

is this the Skype download that you use for the iphone?

www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/email_chat/skype.html

I currently use Skype on my computer and I use it for my int'l calls from my cell phone. They have a $9.95 a month plan where you can call almost anywhere in the world for free and you can call from your cell.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject:

is this the Skype download that you use for the iphone?

www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/email_chat/skype.html

I currently use Skype on my computer and I use it for my int'l calls from my cell phone. They have a $9.95 a month plan where you can call almost anywhere in the world for free and you can call from your cell.

I cant access that site from here but there is a Sype application thats totally free. Go to the App store and look for "Fring". It gives you Yahoo IM, Google talk, MS Messanger and ofcourse SKPYE. You could make skype calls through it on your Iphone, works really well but only with Wifi connection.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:19 am    Post subject:

how fast do you guys get your emails? I run mine off an exchange server and I saw that the iphone can work off of that as well, but the sales guy was telling me that the BB is still better for emails.

Ultimately this is a work phone for me, so I have to make sure that I get my emails right away.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject:

how fast do you guys get your emails? I run mine off an exchange server and I saw that the iphone can work off of that as well, but the sales guy was telling me that the BB is still better for emails.

Ultimately this is a work phone for me, so I have to make sure that I get my emails right away.

with wifi its quick, with Edge it could take a while if you have big emails.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:36 am    Post subject:

^^^ It works really fast 95% of the time. There are times where the mail server tends to get hung up. For the most part I find it pretty equivalent to a BB.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject:

I use Apple's MobileMe (.mac) and it is just about instantaneous...

I've had friends sitting right next to me send me an eMail, and I normally get it with in 10 seconds or less... (I just sent my MobileMe eMail address an eMail from my work eMail (exchange) and I received it in 8 seconds; my iPhone is currently on the 3G network)...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject:

sales guy was telling me that only Tmobile has the "hot spot" feature which will allow you to connect through Wifi for better reception.

is that true? that's one of my concerns, is that we'll be able to get reception through the home router in some dead spots.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject:

Reception for voice or data? I believe the voice over wifi is only available via T-Mobile... AT&T and Sprint allow wifi for data... VZ, not so sure.. but I know for a fact the Storm and the Dare offered by VZ do not have wifi capabilities...
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject:

sales guy was telling me that only Tmobile has the "hot spot" feature which will allow you to connect through Wifi for better reception.

is that true? that's one of my concerns, is that we'll be able to get reception through the home router in some dead spots.

At&T is getting hotspots as well. I got a text a while back stating it.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject:

^^^ Already available - check out: www.att.com/attwifi
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
Reception for voice or data? I believe the voice over wifi is only available via T-Mobile... AT&T and Sprint allow wifi for data... VZ, not so sure.. but I know for a fact the Storm and the Dare offered by VZ do not have wifi capabilities...

Voice.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:

At&T is getting hotspots as well. I got a text a while back stating it.

I think that's only for Data. I'm concerned with Voice.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject:

Socks wrote:
If you have an iPhone you need to download Easy Wifi for AT&T while it is free...

Description
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
Socks wrote:
If you have an iPhone you need to download Easy Wifi for AT&T while it is free...

Description

Thanks for the heads up! I noticed there's two apps from the company... a $1.99 one called Easy Wi-Fi and a free one called Easy Wi-Fi for AT&T. I'm guessing it's the second one I want?
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
TACH wrote:
Socks wrote:

Description

Thanks for the heads up! I noticed there's two apps from the company... a $1.99 one called Easy Wi-Fi and a free one called Easy Wi-Fi for AT&T. I'm guessing it's the second one I want?

You want Easy Wi-Fi for AT&T... the difference between the two is the AT&T version is specific for AT&T whereas the other one can be used with out hot spot provides (granted you have an account with that hot spot provider)...
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject:

I went back to using my Blackberry 8830 for now. Much happier with it.
When I called Verizon to switch back to the older phone, they were telling me that they are coming out on the 15th with a fix for all the issues the Storm is having.

Honestly, I dont even care anymore. I'm returning it.

A friend of mine who deals in cell phones suggested getting an Antenna Booster. Says it takes you from one bar to four bars in low reception areas. They put it on your roof and it costs $399 for 2500 sq ft of open reception. It's $699 for 10,000 sq ft. Supposedly it works with all carriers.

Has anyone tried this?
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject:

^^^ Anyone who tells me I have to pay $399 to get my $150 phone to work properly in my house is going to get the crazy eye from me.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject:

Not if you don't have cell reception at your house and you would like to use your phone.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject:

And that's the reason I don't have VZ.... zero bars in my house. Why would you get a provider knowing you get no reception from that provider in your house?
Mockerfab4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject:

I've heard rumours the iPhone is coming to verizon? Any truth to that?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 82, 83, 84  Next
Page 2 of 84
Jump to: