THE OFFICIAL MAN-CRUSH FOR TREVOR ARIZA THREAD
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buddha
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Ariza = Posey

Posey was always a good defender, but good players become great under a sound defensive scheme. As someone said in another topic, good defensive schemes optimize the efforts of your players.

Ariza has always been that type of player as well, and his efforts have become more apparent now, under our new defensive system.

I disagree that he should start. While he's certainly a capable starter in terms of ability, it's our bench that really needs him. Our starters have twin towers patrolling the paint and Kobe on the perimeter. Our bench has 3 guys (Farmar, Odom, and Sasha) that like to run and not play much defense. Ariza's the stabilizer. On top of that, all his steals and deflections create earsy fast break opportunities for everyone else.

Posey last year came off the bench for 25 mpg. I think Ariza should be used the same way. If we go all the way this year, it will be in no small part to Ariza off the bench.

Last edited by Buddha on Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jacko
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Ariza is better, f posey!
spickx
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject:

Ariza is more of a ball-hawk and very good defender, but until he start hitting some big shots like Posey did Posey is still the better player.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject:

They play absolutely nothing alike. Posey is a cheap bastard, he gives you hard elbows above and below the waist. He isn't afraid to get a T. Ariza gets in the passing lanes and disrupts the ball movement. Posey was a much better clutch shooter, especially from three point land. Posey is more similar to Horry.

Last edited by JUST-MING on Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
AIRiza Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject:

08-09 Ariza = 08-09 Ariza
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

AIRiza Fan wrote:

J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

He's a game changer when he's in there. He brings so much speed and energy when he comes into the game. I agree though that right now the second unit is parts that all match with one another. That combined with Ariza being a high energy player, make him ideal as a bench guy. He provides a jump start when he comes into the game. I wouldn't put him on par with Posey, he is still unproven in big moments. But he's playing really well.
Master)v(ind
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
They play absolutely nothing alike. Posey is a cheap bastard, he gives you hard elbows above and below the waist. He isn't afraid to get a T. Ariza gets in the passing lanes and disrupts the ball movement. Posey was a much better clutch shooter, especially from three point land. Posey is more similar to Horry.

agreed, Posey isnt the kind of slasher that Ariza is, and doesnt play cheap defence
“A story about Kobe is the first time they went to be fitted for their USA uniforms and Kobe starts crying. The equipment person asks him what happened and Kobe was like, man, you don’t understand, I’ve dreamed of playing for my country."
PhiberOptik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 08-09 Ariza = 07-08 Posey

Buddha wrote:
Posey was always a good defender, but good players become great under a sound defensive scheme. As someone said in another topic, good defensive schemes optimize the efforts of your players.

Ariza has always been that type of player as well, and his efforts have become more apparent now, under our new defensive system.

I disagree that he should start. While he's certainly a capable starter in terms of ability, it's our bench that really needs him. Our starters have twin towers patrolling the paint and Kobe on the perimeter. Our bench has 3 guys (Farmar, Odom, and Sasha) that like to run and not play much defense. Ariza's the stabilizer. On top of that, all his steals and deflections create earsy fast break opportunities for everyone else.

Posey last year came off the bench for 25 mpg. I think Ariza should be used the same way. If we go all the way this year, it will be in no small part to Ariza off the bench.

This is a little bit premature. Posey does his stuff during the playoffs and championship games with Miami and Boston. Ariza is still an unproven commodity.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
SMtitan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Ariza has the hops..... Posey just plays dirty
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Ariza will dunk on you and then steal the ball and then drain a three and then steal it again and then make an and 1 layup.....

Wait a second , that is what I just did three hours ago on NBA2K9 .

Well you guys get the idea. Trev is a BEAST!!!!!!! James Posey is nothing
usa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20Dub wrote:
Ariza will dunk on you and then steal the ball and then drain a three and then steal it again and then make an and 1 layup.....

Stop trying to show off on the rookie mode come play with me...
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Without being absolutely dirty.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Ariza needs to tighten up his FT's....other than that, he is unreal.

I thought his steals and energy turned the game around tonight, along with Pau.

If he stays healthy, Walton isn't seeing the court any time soon.
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
AIRiza Fan wrote:

KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject:

usa wrote:
KingKobe20Dub wrote:

Stop trying to show off on the rookie mode come play with me...

I don't know brother or sister whatever gender you may be , I am all Hall Of Fame mode.
I am on a 30 game winning streak online.

I'm a for sure a difficult cover like Jordan Farmar's first step

I only play on the greatest gaming console ever , The Playstation 3.

PM me, if your serious on taking lessons in NBA2K9 101
lalfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject:

as much as i hate Posey, i'd pick Posey over Ariza any day. Posey is a legitimate 3 pt threat, he is very clutch and is a better one on one defender than Ariza.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Dedicate this one to Sky:

"I've always like Ariza. He's young,long,atheletic and a good defender. Those are the kind of guys the rox have been avoiding for too many yrs."

-Rockets fan, clutchfans.com
jrod88
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
AIRiza Fan wrote:

LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: 08-09 Ariza = 07-08 Posey

Buddha wrote:

Ballernation
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Ariza changed the tempo of the game tonight. We're very lucky to have a guy like him on our team. The crowd was very happy with his energy and effort defensively. Like someone said on here, if he can stay healthy. We won't see Luke Walton playing much minutes unless, Bill Walton pays Phil Jackson to do so..
OTSS
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject:

No...

Put Ariza in crunch time situations when the season is on the line....

Until then

Posey > Ariza.
phenotul
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject:

lalfan wrote:
as much as i hate Posey, i'd pick Posey over Ariza any day. Posey is a legitimate 3 pt threat, he is very clutch and is a better one on one defender than Ariza.

I thought this was sensible and echoes my opinion. I love Razor but he's nowhere near as good as Posey was last year. Time is on the Razor's side though
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject:

ariza and posey dont really compare. phil hit it on the head. while ariza is an excellent defender, he needs to become lockdown. then there would be no comparison.

and posey cant do anything close to ariza's christmas day tbag.

in case you need a reminder:

mark jackson's "merry christmas to YOU" is classic.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: 08-09 Ariza = 07-08 Posey

PhiberOptik wrote:
Buddha wrote:

This is a little bit premature. Posey does his stuff during the playoffs and championship games with Miami and Boston. Ariza is still an unproven commodity.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

And also let's see how much Ariza's good 3-point shooting sticks. He's 1 for 4 the last couple of games.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 1 of 25
Jump to: