THE OFFICIAL MAN-CRUSH FOR TREVOR ARIZA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bryant-Bynum Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject:

Ariza coming off the bench and Vlad starting reminds me of that 2000 team. AC Green would start the game, but Big Shot Rob would take it on from there. If Vlad didn't start, I think his confidence would be atrocious and he would not play any D at all. But him starting gives him confidence to sometimes destroy teams by himself. Ariza is man enough to not care that he doesnt start eventhough it is clear he should be a starter in this league.
Sportsmuze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:57 am    Post subject:

Ariza cant hit 3/4 spot up 3's.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject:

Defensively, I think the 2nd unit needs Ariza and adds a good balance between the starters and the bench.

It's disappointing that Vlad's defense has slipped a 'bit since the beginning of the season. He doesn't look as commited to that side of the court as much as he did early on.

Regardless, I'll take keeping the flow of the team going (while racking up W's) over inserting Trevor into the starting lineup (which, I'd prefer at some point - just not while the team is flowing and maybe not even this year).

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:24 am    Post subject:

trevor makes our bench the best in the league. this will pay huge dividends later in the season.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
iWishiWasJerryBuss
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject:

Vercetti wrote:
Mambriza?

matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject:

i thought we all agreed on Stealth?

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject:

Hustle
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject:

how about the Lean, Mean Hustle Machine?

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
BigEvil
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject:

Ghost
CrownLA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject:

MAGNUM T.A.!!!
TheLakerFeeling
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Hustle

Or H.U.S.T.L.E.R ...
B_P
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:58 am    Post subject:

Mini Cooper
JustSomeJoe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject:

ADD

The dude NEVER stops. Even at the FT line waiting for the FT to go up. Watch him... the feet keep moving. He NEVER stops.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject:

HeyMissWhatsYourName wrote:
"14-1" is the dumbest argument ever. if a team can improve (regardless of record... which btw is NOT perfect), why not improve it.

that said, ariza is not a starter in this league yet. gambles way WAY too much on D (he WILL unfortunately get exposed vs the spurs and celts), outside shooting is still a work-in-progress (tonight was testimony to that), and who knows how well he/kobe can co-exist versus other nba starters.

not to mention the previous points about vlad's outside shooting, height, and the possibility that someone like Radmanovich quickly can get lost in the shuffle... phillip understands that this guy can be the difference between 70-12 and 60-22 if his teammates ever were to figure out how to correctly use him (standstill spot up shooter, help-rebounder... NOT SOMEONE to randomly leak out after any shot). keeping him on the bench is gonna kill his confidence and ruin any sorta positive help he would bring to us.

14-1 is the dumbest argument EVER???????

Your arguments hold no water.

You say that Ariza is going to lose confidence!?!? Why, for having a more important role than ANY HE HAS HAD BEFORE while playing for the best franchise in sports?!!??? Yep, that is a real confidence destroyer! By the way, if coming off of our bench destroys his confidence, then I don't want him anyways!!!

So, Phil hasn't figured out how to use him correctly yet, but you have!!

YOU and ALL YOUR 138 POSTS ON THE LAKERGROUND FORUM!!!

Hey can I be your disciple????
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
lakerican wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:
"14-1" is the dumbest argument ever. if a team can improve (regardless of record... which btw is NOT perfect), why not improve it.

No, it's actually a sound argument. What we KNOW is that the Lakers are 14-1 with the way the current lineups/rotation is. What we DON'T KNOW is if it would get better or worse if it changes, rather it change drastically or slightly. So, the logical thing to do is to roll with what got them 14-1. So it's BEST to go with what's working and not to jeapordize it UNLESS something goes awry to where it NEEDS to be tinkered with.

As far as the "btw is NOT perfect" - Name a team that is?

A LuxuryBrown sighting. Wow!

Yeah, every now and then my chick lets me out of the dungeon for about an hour or so.

Lucky guy!!
2Cleva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject:

Playoff time Phil may go with it but for the regular season - its best to get whatever LA can out of Rad so he stays in the game.

If Ariza was gobbling up major minutes and a starting role, Vlad would be upset along with Luke and chemistry becomes a concern.

Just like the Odom finishing games takes the hurt off him not starting, Vlad starting takes the hurt off him not getting major minutes.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject:

Wino wrote:

that said, ariza is not a starter in this league yet. gambles way WAY too much on D (he WILL unfortunately get exposed vs the spurs and celts), outside shooting is still a work-in-progress (tonight was testimony to that), and who knows how well he/kobe can co-exist versus other nba starters.

not to mention the previous points about vlad's outside shooting, height, and the possibility that someone like Radmanovich quickly can get lost in the shuffle... phillip understands that this guy can be the difference between 70-12 and 60-22 if his teammates ever were to figure out how to correctly use him (standstill spot up shooter, help-rebounder... NOT SOMEONE to randomly leak out after any shot). keeping him on the bench is gonna kill his confidence and ruin any sorta positive help he would bring to us.

You say that Ariza is going to lose confidence!?!? Why, for having a more important role than ANY HE HAS HAD BEFORE while playing for the best franchise in sports?!!??? Yep, that is a real confidence destroyer! By the way, if coming off of our bench destroys his confidence, then I don't want him anyways!!!

Lmaoooo Wino!!! Best post ever! "Can I be your disciple"? hahhahahaha ...But am tired of these Ariza starting threads!!! Simple as it is, he is better off the bench, better fit for the Minute men, more energy. I think he is the kind of guy that excels after studying the game. Start him you mess with that. Of course Phil gives him some extended runs withthe starters which is probably why folks ar ecalling for him to start. I still like him off the bench!!! Man i love Ariza!!!!!
chipotleattack
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject:

The Dagger.

Every time he comes into the game he stabs the opposition with a dagger in their hearts and we go on a nice run. He's our secret weapon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Orestes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject:

matrixskillz wrote:
how about the Lean, Mean Hustle Machine?

Already have a guy with Machine as a nickname
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject:

chipotleattack wrote:
The Dagger.

Every time he comes into the game he stabs the opposition with a dagger in their hearts and we go on a nice run. He's our secret weapon.

sorry, but that's already one of kobe's 10000 nicknames

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject:

LakersMDGurl wrote:
Wino wrote:

Lmaoooo Wino!!! Best post ever! "Can I be your disciple"? hahhahahaha ...But am tired of these Ariza starting threads!!! Simple as it is, he is better off the bench, better fit for the Minute men, more energy. I think he is the kind of guy that excels after studying the game. Start him you mess with that. Of course Phil gives him some extended runs withthe starters which is probably why folks ar ecalling for him to start. I still like him off the bench!!! Man i love Ariza!!!!!

You know, when we are 14-1 I could just care less who is starting or not. Heck if Kobe had been benched the whole time, I wouldn't argue with it because it's ALL about the W's!!

How you can look at a coach who has won 9 rings, taken a team that was bottomed out and torn apart back to the top of the league and question his success is just beyond me. And that is coming from someone who flat out doesn't get the guy. I am NO PHIL FAN. But I am humble enough to know when something works, it works. It ain't about me or Phil or Kobe. It's about winning and when your team is winning, they are obviously doing something right. Well, for all the negative hype that has been thrown at the Lakers and Kobe over the past few years. Here you are: 14-1. That is flat out success, nothing can take it away, nothing can negate it. People who second guess it are either stupid are jealous and I don't give stupid jealous people much credance. They're on their own! Me, I support EVERY SINGLE MOVE the team has made since one minute before they fired Shaq! It's been a bumpy ride and a rocky road but here we are.

GO LAKERS!!
easybreeze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Ariza is to the Lakers, what nitros oxide is, to the automobile.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
lakerican wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:

No, it's actually a sound argument. What we KNOW is that the Lakers are 14-1 with the way the current lineups/rotation is. What we DON'T KNOW is if it would get better or worse if it changes, rather it change drastically or slightly. So, the logical thing to do is to roll with what got them 14-1. So it's BEST to go with what's working and not to jeapordize it UNLESS something goes awry to where it NEEDS to be tinkered with.

As far as the "btw is NOT perfect" - Name a team that is?

A LuxuryBrown sighting. Wow!

Yeah, every now and then my chick lets me out of the dungeon for about an hour or so.

Lucky guy!!

h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject:

There is also the durability factor; having Radman play 15-20 minutes helps to take the toll off of Ariza, who hasn't played a full healthy season in quite awhile. Radman needs to start for the confience, and he has performed pretty well most nights. Ariza is doing great, and he himself doesn't seem to be chomping the bit to start; neither do we hear Odom complaining about not starting. Fisher isn't whining about playing 24 minutes a game, and Kobe sits most 4th quarters, pretty much guarenting him he won't win mVP's or scoring titles: I hear no moaning.

Looks liek the current system and the 14-1 record is working just fine to me.
lakeshow21
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
Weakens the bench

agreed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 23 of 25
Jump to: