Didn't Like A Few Things About Ding's Last Article
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Critical Beatdown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:56 am    Post subject: Didn't Like A Few Things About Ding's Last Article

Quote:
Champions respond to adversity by using it to come together. From the Lakers’ first defeat of the season, though, Odom walked away wholly alone.

Our biggest team player, Lamar, painted as a lone renegade. How long will this weird LO agenda from Ding go on?

Oh, and let's not miss this:

Quote:
It’s Farmar’s little-man complex emerging once Iverson bested him a couple of times.

I just think that's kind of dumb, but I toned down the original entry because I feel it kinda went over the top, and a friendlier tone keeps the focus on the actual criticism.

Last edited by Critical Beatdown on Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:56 am; edited 3 times in total
Sportsmuze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:03 am    Post subject:

Farmar is a bit hot headed...

about the only truth.
spideysense
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:08 am    Post subject:

I actually like Kevin Ding....especially when you compare him to the trash that the LA times puts out
Critical Beatdown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:10 am    Post subject:

Defend what he wrote, the guy is a first class dumb ***. "Little man complex"? Trying to paint our #1 team player as an individual renegade?

Tawdry and stupid, and I rarely break out the old school "tawdry".
MedRomLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:58 am    Post subject:

link? I never new he had an agenda, he always seemed to be on point.

4/30/14 the day the ant left the building!!!!!!
Critical Beatdown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:59 am    Post subject:

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/odom-lakers-jackson-2230152-didn-first
infidel
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:12 am    Post subject:

I like Ding. He's a good writer and gives his insight into the personalities of the team.

"I have a multi-year contract and if it doesn't work out, I could be playing golf."
Critical Beatdown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:12 am    Post subject:

The whole point I'm bringing this up is that isn't journalism, it's opinion. It Ding wants to be Op/Ed, that's cool, but the Lakers have every right to cut him out of the equation, if that's the case.

Little-man complex? How different is that from black man inferiority? How tall is Chinese man Ding?

Cut him out.
KobePauDynasty
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:14 am    Post subject:

EVerything he said was pretty much true. He didn't say lamar wasn't a team player. He just said that lamar isn't happy with his role or his minutes in this game.

ANd what he said about Farmar is definitely true.

Ding is the best LA beat writer.
Critical Beatdown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:14 am    Post subject:

OC Register is a joke of a newspaper anyway, bunch of libertarian tards with no understanding of the actual world, printing the stupidest reader op/ed submissions of all-time, repeatedly.

In that sense, Ding fits right in.
Critical Beatdown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:15 am    Post subject:

KobePauDynasty wrote:
ANd what he said about Farmar is definitely true.

Little man complex? How much you wanna bet Ding would shrink in Jordan's (uncontrolled) presence?
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:23 am    Post subject:

Critical Beatdown wrote:
OC Register is a joke of a newspaper anyway, bunch of libertarian tards with no understanding of the actual world, printing the stupidest reader op/ed submissions of all-time, repeatedly.

Wow, bitter much?

There is a bit of opinion in all sports articles, unless they are game recaps. If it's anything else, then the writer usually has some sort of opinion that he or she supports with quotes and examples. If there was no opinion, writers might as well report the news in bullet points.

I enjoy reading Ding's pieces on the Lakers. You don't have to always agree 100% with whatever he says to do that. In fact, I can't think of a single writer in any paper that I have agreed with 100% of the time.

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
Critical Beatdown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:26 am    Post subject:

Not really, if you want a bit of comedy, just read the OC Register reader submission op/eds once in awhile, classic ****.
Critical Beatdown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:28 am    Post subject:

Jeffs wrote:
There is a bit of opinion in all sports articles, unless they are game recaps. If it's anything else, then the writer usually has some sort of opinion that he or she supports with quotes and examples. If there was no opinion, writers might as well report the news in bullet points.

Putting LO aside for the moment, little man complex? How is that different from black man inferiority?
MedRomLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:39 am    Post subject:

:shrug: I don't know man didn't really seem like he was had an agenda,seems like he was talking a bit hypothetically with LO, but LO was pissed you could tell from the video.

Quote:
It’s especially a frustrated Odom losing trust in his teammates and his coach.
Like that seems like him more talking out his ass, I mean how would he know that.

Not to sure about that whole little man complex but I think Ding is refering to his cockyness. Which he shouldn't be since he couldn't handle ai, or other large PG's in the league.

But really compared to some LA times articles Ding is usually closer to the truth.

Critical Beatdown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:39 am    Post subject:

For the record, I don't want anyone to dismiss Bastiat or Hayek, just don't be stupid about it.
Critical Beatdown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:41 am    Post subject:

MedRomLaker wrote:
But really compared to some LA times articles Ding is usually closer to the truth.

The guy has always had good access, and I've appreciated his reporting at times, but I believe it's time for him to be cut off, plain and simple.

Little man's complex?
MedRomLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:30 am    Post subject:

LOL well maybe he does have a napoleon complex, I mean at times he does refuse to pass to kobe when kob's got good position. But really I don't know maybe he stated that because he has seen it 1st hand in the back or he' lambasting farmar for his lackluster play against AI. Honestly I don't know but I don't think Ding would just throw that out ther without having something to back it up. That just doesn't seem like Ding's MO.

Master)v(ind
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:50 am    Post subject:

w/e, media always hates on Lakers every chance they get, this isnt anything we dont already know
“A story about Kobe is the first time they went to be fitted for their USA uniforms and Kobe starts crying. The equipment person asks him what happened and Kobe was like, man, you don’t understand, I’ve dreamed of playing for my country."
chilake24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:33 am    Post subject:

Jeffs wrote:
Critical Beatdown wrote:

Wow, bitter much?

I enjoy reading Ding's pieces on the Lakers. You don't have to always agree 100% with whatever he says to do that. In fact, I can't think of a single writer in any paper that I have agreed with 100% of the time.

+1
infidel
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:36 am    Post subject:

LOL. This is like one man's delusional tirade against the "evil media".

Kevin Ding ROCKS! I think I'll name my first born Kevin and my second born Ding.

"I have a multi-year contract and if it doesn't work out, I could be playing golf."
KingKobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:49 am    Post subject:

Almost everything in newspapers is sensationalist garbage anyway.

Mostly just an incomplete picture painted for a mass populus that doesn't like to think for themselves. And sports writers are often worse.

The real question is why is one article this much under your skin?

"We're all surrounded by idiots." - Kobe Bryant
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:21 am    Post subject:

Critical Beatdown wrote:
Putting LO aside for the moment, little man complex? How is that different from black man inferiority?

Ummmm . . . are you okay, CB?
CHRISTYLE70
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:27 am    Post subject:

That was a good article and if you dont believe that Farmar has the little man complex then your delusional. I watched Jordan Farmar in the Mavericks game totally ignore Kobe when Kobe had it going in the 4th, and if you dont think Farmar tried to go right at Allen Iverson because A.I damn near broke his ankles then your crazy. Farmar on the next play attempted a contested forced layup that he blew. The problem with this team is they all have the Big Head syndrome they all think they are better than what they really are, Andrew Bynum and Farmar are too of the biggest culprits in this problem. During preseason Farmar said " I dont think their is anyone who can stay in front of me" What? since when did Farmar become Chris Paul or Tony Parker, Lamar Odom also thinks hes better than what he is, hes been in the league forever and hes only consistently inconsistent. The Lakers as a Team needed this loss so hopefully they realize that theyve done nothing coming in second place last year is no prize and they have to play defense to win. Ironically the first 100 point game is their first loss. At this point im starting to really second guess giving Andrew Bynum that huge contract, he didnt deserve it and every night hes proving it, hes getting a few rebounds and about 3 blocks but we could have got that from Dikembe Mutombo or an old Alonzo mourning if they were still playing, and alot of his rebounds are over the back rebounds hes not getting great position and dominating the paint. He was absolutely Dominated by Erik Dampier and punked by "KWAME FREAKIN BROWN" im glad Phil came out in the media and said that he was outplayed by Kwame. Its only one game folks so im not suggesting to panic but im hoping that these young players learn from this loss, Dfish,Kobe will be fine they are true vets but some of the other players are so immature they need to realize that you cant just show up and win, teams arent going to just LAY DOWN to the MIGHTY LAKERS.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:41 am    Post subject:

Critical Beatdown wrote:
Jeffs wrote:

Just out of curiousity CB, how tall are you?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8
Jump to: