*** LAKERS @ SIXERS Game Thread 12/3 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36

View previous topic :: View next topic  
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject:

Fishlakers wrote:
What happen to Kobe guarding the other teams best player and shutting him down like he did in the beginning of the season and in the olympics why can't the guy keep doing that now?!!!

Just a question anybody know the answer?

you can't do that in the nba. the calls are way to bogus. you run the risk of getting into to much foul trouble as a superstar. in addition the nba is 82 games not a few games then the playoffs like the olympics. kobe also has to play more minutes then he did when he played with bron, wade, melo, redd, etc. sure we have a sick team right now. but it aint the redeem team(at least not from a guard/perimeter perspective).
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject:

milkshakeballa wrote:
Kobe: "3rd quarter was a big defensive quarter for us. ANd we played great D in the forth. Lou WIlliams just came in and knocked down some 3's that put them over the 100 mark."

Kobe - ARE AYOU KIDDING ME??!?!?!??!?

They scored 33 pts in the 4rth....that isnt even medicoire D. YOu guys CONSISTNATLY WENT UNDERNEATH LOU WILLIMAS SCREEN....HE WAS WIDE OPEN.....ARE YOU KIDDING MEEEEE

I'm pretty sure he's not keeping score of points scored, but that quote about the 4th threw me off too.

And it wasn't you guys, it was Fisher and Farmar.
StuLantz#1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject:

koolmo23 wrote:
DrHouse wrote:
I could care less about this win. This win tells me more that this team is going to lose against BOS if they continue playing like this and if Phil continues putting these kind of lineups on the floor.

Another 100pt game by the other team. No defense, no rebounding, just awful. We out offensed our way to a win. We are soft and will lose in the Finals again if we don't change that.

agree Bynum need to be on the floor in the finals mins, Phil can be clueless some time.

Yeah, I'm trying to enjoy the moment but I don't want a meaningless Mavericks season. As of right now we won't be able to handle a team that plays like Boston in the end for the reasons you mentioned unless they dramatically improve somehow. I'm still of the opinion it's a personnel issue.

They just asked Phil about Bynum. He commented on his nice scoring line, but was upset with his rebounding and defense.
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject:

StuLantz#1 wrote:
koolmo23 wrote:
DrHouse wrote:
I could care less about this win. This win tells me more that this team is going to lose against BOS if they continue playing like this and if Phil continues putting these kind of lineups on the floor.

Another 100pt game by the other team. No defense, no rebounding, just awful. We out offensed our way to a win. We are soft and will lose in the Finals again if we don't change that.

agree Bynum need to be on the floor in the finals mins, Phil can be clueless some time.

Yeah, I'm trying to enjoy the moment but I don't want a meaningless Mavericks season. As of right now we won't be able to handle a team that plays like Boston in the end for the reasons you mentioned unless they dramatically improve somehow. I'm still of the opinion it's a personnel issue.

They just asked Phil about Bynum. He commented on his nice scoring line, but was upset with his rebounding and defense.

That explains Fisher in the game. Great logic Phil.
10scott10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject:

StuLantz#1 wrote:
koolmo23 wrote:
DrHouse wrote:

well three rebounds in 30 minutes does suck
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject:

10scott10 wrote:
StuLantz#1 wrote:
koolmo23 wrote:
DrHouse wrote:

Yeah it does. Clearly Odom was doing a much better job.

10scott10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject:

Freakout wrote:
10scott10 wrote:
StuLantz#1 wrote:
koolmo23 wrote:
DrHouse wrote:

I'm not explaining the substitution.
I'm explaining the answer
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject:

10scott10 wrote:
Freakout wrote:
10scott10 wrote:
StuLantz#1 wrote:
koolmo23 wrote:
DrHouse wrote:

I know.

I just crack up at Phil being the big hypocrite.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Redemption

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject:

48.8% field percentage allowed. Lakers still not getting it done defensively despite a great shooting night. At least Phil has something to harp on in practice before the next game against the Wiz.
KINGD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Fishlakers wrote:
What happen to Kobe guarding the other teams best player and shutting him down like he did in the beginning of the season and in the olympics why can't the guy keep doing that now?!!!

Just a question anybody know the answer?

Last I checked Andre Igaudala was the Sixers best player on the perimeter and Kobe was guarding him. Hes also guarded a bunch of stars this year.
Laker_Behemoth
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject:

15-2

Lost in the doom and gloom of our second loss in 17 games has been the compellingly stellar play of one Pau Gasol. Keep it up Pau Pau, great job so far this year.
"After watching Bryant and Cooper go at it for about 10 minutes West stood up, nodded at two team public-relations men he'd brought with him, and snapped, 'That's it, let's get out of here, I've seen enough. He's better than anyone on our team.'"
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject:

Freakout wrote:
10scott10 wrote:
Freakout wrote:
10scott10 wrote:
StuLantz#1 wrote:
koolmo23 wrote:
DrHouse wrote:

I know.

Did I miss something? Was Odom playing center tonight?
StuLantz#1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Well to be fair, the alternative to Fisher is Farmar. His defense is probably worse, unless you guys are advocating a Kobe/ARiza/Bynum/Gasol/Odom lineup (with Ariza guarding points). I guess it's worth the experiment, but I'm curious how they'd do if the opposition starts zoning or doubling everything inside.

I really liked how Bynum got aggressive on offensive, but 3 rebounds is unacceptable. I'm still trying to figure out why Bynum wouldn't let guys draw him to far from the basket back when their interior d use to work. Is everyone using a new strategy on us?
Orestes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject:

StuLantz#1 wrote:

I really liked how Bynum got aggressive on offensive, but 3 rebounds is unacceptable. I'm still trying to figure out why Bynum wouldn't let guys draw him to far from the basket back when their interior d use to work. Is everyone using a new strategy on us?

Or it could be we've switched up our D some, which it does seem like a little bit, more trapping and scrambling from our bigs than I remember prior to the Pacers game.

Or they could just be half assing it. Hard to tell yet.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Had to work late the last few days. I only saw the last minute of tonight's game; a 12-pt victory on the road. The result: not bad. Allowing 102 points: not good.

One consolation: Philly had the top rebounding margin in the NBA going into this game. The Lakers rebounding didn't look that spectacular on the surface, but the Lakers had the rebounding edge on Philly's home court and that's an impressive feat even if Bynum managed only 3.

One other consolation: I'm soooo grateful for every second of last night's game that I missed! No broken remotes, no busted TV screens, no yelling and screaming, I actually slept 6 hours, I didn't have time to get mad until I read the gory details today, and by then we had a philly cheese steak victory to ease the pain.
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject:

OregonLakerGuy wrote:
Freakout wrote:
10scott10 wrote:
Freakout wrote:
10scott10 wrote:
StuLantz#1 wrote:
koolmo23 wrote:
DrHouse wrote:

I know.

Did I miss something? Was Odom playing center tonight?

Nope but he is under the rim because teams don't use his man to set screens with and yet he still only managed 3 boards as well in 30 minutes.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject:

StuLantz#1 wrote:
Well to be fair, the alternative to Fisher is Farmar. His defense is probably worse, unless you guys are advocating a Kobe/ARiza/Bynum/Gasol/Odom lineup (with Ariza guarding points). I guess it's worth the experiment, but I'm curious how they'd do if the opposition starts zoning or doubling everything inside.

I want that experimental lineup. Might be one of the worse offensively but that lineup has potential to be the best defensively on this team. I am all for defense in spite of Phils stupid triangle offense.
Vercetti
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject:

Freakout wrote:
10scott10 wrote:
StuLantz#1 wrote:
koolmo23 wrote:
DrHouse wrote:

Vercetti
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Had to work late the last few days. I only saw the last minute of tonight's game; a 12-pt victory on the road. The result: not bad. Allowing 102 points: not good.

One consolation: Philly had the top rebounding margin in the NBA going into this game. The Lakers rebounding didn't look that spectacular on the surface, but the Lakers had the rebounding edge on Philly's home court and that's an impressive feat even if Bynum managed only 3.

One other consolation: I'm soooo grateful for every second of last night's game that I missed! No broken remotes, no busted TV screens, no yelling and screaming, I actually slept 6 hours, I didn't have time to get mad until I read the gory details today, and by then we had a philly cheese steak victory to ease the pain.

Allowing 102 is bad enough. Allowing 102 to a team that averages 94 is inexcusable.
Trajan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject:

Not what I was expecting to a defensive response to last nights loss but a win is a win. What really got me frustrated with Lakers tonight was once again, they had a big lead going into the fourth and couldn't expand it. This team still hasn't learned how to consistently put their foot on their opponents throat and keep it there.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36
Page 36 of 36
Jump to: