***LAKERS @ KINGS Game Thread 12/09***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerFan87
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Call me crazy, but give Luke some more time on the 2nd unit. He could keep them under control a bit more and if he got consistent playing time, he could probably rediscover his stroke. We have to change something up because what we are doing now isn't working.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Trade the bench for a starting caliber point guard.
thehotsung8701A
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject:

I'm (bleep) piss because I'm afraid we can't get more than 70 win, and dam I want that so bad. Now the Lakers don't have the best record of all the other Lakers team.

This Win was depressing because it against a team that are suppose to be blow out. The (bleep) sad Queen man. This isn't the old SAC who should have won the conference since the ref favor the Lakers, this is a bunch of run and gun noobs.

The Lakers will win the Sun and Celtic, the lakers lost because they always underestimate weak team and are too over confidence. Once they play the Celtic, it will be a different story.

Now ignore my grammar, it not even as bad as the lakers play tonight. Their loss don't deserve my rare good grammar, see now that is bad grammar and sentence structure.

Oh don't call yourself a Lakers fan if you bash the Lakers, pass the weird middle easter dude Salmon and the Hispanic thug Garcia. Damn Bobby Jackson as well since he was in our most hated enemy the SA Spurs.
UntiedShoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Who else is guessing that Theus will repeat his comment that the Laker's defense doesn't impress him?

Well, he wouldn't be wrong. The Flans, err Lakers are overrated and overhyped. There is no way you can get mediocre career defensive players to all of a sudden become good defensive team players.

Wait to see the team stats in a few weeks when the rest of the league exploits our defensive weaknesses. We're nowhere near a good defensive team.
dna.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject:

I smelled the loss coming from early on.

We can still get to where we need to be, but we sure do have a very long way to go.
Vercetti
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
trevor ariza fell waaaay back down to earth tonight. this game's a great example of why we need shooters out there; kings packed it in against us and we got nothing but bricks from trevor tonight. ouch.

He's been falling back the last few games. Still though, at least he shows effort and hustle, unlike the Odoms and the rest of the stiffs.
OnlyLoveU
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject:

We need defense!
doven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:

Yes.. I'll pray that Mitch will do a drastic move that will improve our team
AliG
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject:

tw-lakbfan wrote:
I don't understand.

For a primeter shooting team like the Kings, why would Lakers continue to play zone instead of man to man?

Lakers are too slow to play man to man.... it's embarrassing to watch player after player blowing by Kobe and get to hoop for an unchallenged layup.
rpadma12
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject:

The starters just do not show up in the 1st quarter and this cannot continue to happen. There cannot be a light switch mentality and this comes from the leaders.

They were not the aggressors and let the defense clog up the paint and then spent the rest of the game trying to free up the paint by taking a bunch of jumpshots.

and the pick and roll defense as usual was pathetic. Funneling does not work.. Bynum is going to alter some shots.. but, overall, they're not quick enough to rotate.. Vlad especially in the starting lineup is out of place. Kobe needs to cut the talk and actually play D every game. Fisher/Farmar do not have the ability. But, Kobe does. There can't be matadors at both guard positions.
n9c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan98 wrote:
I'm (bleep) piss because I'm afraid we can't get more than 70 win, and dam I want that so bad. Now the Lakers don't have the best record of all the other Lakers team.

This Win was depressing because it against a team that are suppose to be blow out. The (bleep) sad Queen man. This isn't the old SAC who should have won the conference since the ref favor the Lakers, this is a bunch of run and gun noobs.

The Lakers will win the Sun and Celtic, the lakers lost because they always underestimate weak team and are too over confidence. Once they play the Celtic, it will be a different story.

Now ignore my grammar, it not even as bad as the lakers play tonight. Their loss don't deserve my rare good grammar, see now that is bad grammar and sentence structure.

Oh don't call yourself a Lakers fan if you bash the Lakers, pass the weird middle easter dude Salmon and the Hispanic thug Garcia. Damn Bobby Jackson as well since he was in our most hated enemy the SA Spurs.

Oh right, we should all make 79-3 threads instead or your 70 pipe dream wins. None is bashing them, we're just saying what we see. And what we see is they aren't good enough to beat Boston
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject:

This is absolutely pathetic, how the F did we lose to a struggling kings team whose coach is about to get fired? How the F did that happen?
Trajan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject:

What a disgusting game that was. They certainly deserved it though with the way they've been playing in these past several games, against suck ass teams. If this embarrassing loss doesn't wake them up now and get them back on track, I don't know what will. Another 30 point blow out by Celtics on Christmas?

I wonder what their problem is. I agree though, they have cut out this trapping and doubling defense all the time. It's a stupid defensive scheme to keep going to when it's being exploited again and again. Go man to man, never leaving the shooters, congesting the paint when needed, and for God sakes, contest the freaking shot. We'll see how they respond against the Suns tomorrow.
billstein
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Who else is guessing that Theus will repeat his comment that the Laker's defense doesn't impress him?

Why shouldn't he? There defense doesn't impress anybody!

My son just mentioned what Boston fans must be thinking as they witness how soft we are. Man! They must be licking thier chops!
Vercetti
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject:

doven wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

Yes.. I'll pray that Mitch will do a drastic move that will improve our team

I'm praying he comes up with another magic wand deal for Odumb like he did last year for Kwame, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject:

billstein wrote:

My son just mentioned what Boston fans must be thinking as they witness how soft we are. Man! They must be licking thier chops!

We already know what those thoughts are, Bill. Same ones we had during the Shaq era about Dallas whenever we were told they were an up-n-comer.
revgen
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject:

I think Sky once said that "You can scheme to you're blue, junk defenders will get beat everytime."

High Screen and Roll + Jumpshooting Bigs = Lakers Kryptonite

Detroit + Indiana + Sactown either employ one or the other.

Once the jumpshooting bigs bring our big guys out of the paint, our defense sucks. Fisher, Sasha, Farmar, and Vlad are simply awful on the perimeter without our bigs backing them up. The high screen and roll also seems to be a problem for our defense since it brings our bigs out to hedge and forces our defense to scramble.

I hope Sky's original post doesn't turn out to be true, but it's looking like it. Once our bigs are gone, our defense is gone.
southgate
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:17 am    Post subject:

man stupid game last nite not happy at all another team that we wouldve waxed!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52
Page 52 of 52
Jump to: