LG Loses a Member of its Family (Flo'z tribute added to the OP)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luca Brasi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject:

RIP

he'll see his lakers hoist the trophy this year from above.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject:

Damn, I almost missed this thread.

Phil was a super nice guy. I had some nice conversations with him online over the years. Three people that I got to know on Laker forums are gone now. Very tough to comprehend. But I hope they're at peace now.

Good to see butcher, fatsam, and agi. Unfortunately, it's under these circumstances. Things were much different only a couple years ago.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
Damn. Sorry to hear this.

My prayers go out to his family.

wow. prayers going out to the family for sure.
jhego
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject:

RIP Phil
junebug
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject:

I just noticed it. really sad news. R.I.P Phil
TONE
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject:

R.I.P .
BDG
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Wow, I just heard about this and had to come over here.

My greatest condolences go out to his family & friends.

He was a great contributor to the online Lakers community and I'm sure he was a great guy in real life too.

His presence at both LG and CL will always be remembered, from posting news to moderating at both sites.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject:

I might have missed it in this thread, but if you haven't heard the tribute song by Flo'z, it's pretty amazing: LINK

No. 17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject:

R.I.P
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:07 am    Post subject:

FatSam99 wrote:

double take
Tryangles
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject:

I don't post online much but have been a member of this site for quite some time. Phil was a real stand up guy with a ton of class... He will definitely be missed, our prayers will be for him and his family. RIP Phil
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject:

Wow, I just got back from vacation and didn't see this until this morning.

I'm in shock

R.I.P., Phil!

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
cbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject:

I am in shock.

I remember Phil from the Lakertalk days. We used to spend hours "debating" our life philosophies. I put that word in quotes because with Phil, you could never get too worked up. He was such a gentle soul.

I pray the Lord comfort his family and all those that are feeling his passing now.
Alpha

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
I might have missed it in this thread, but if you haven't heard the tribute song by Flo'z, it's pretty amazing: LINK

I hope you don't mind but I'm going to add this to your initial post.
Lakers Dynasty 2000
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject:

Flo'z song was a beautiful tribute.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: LG Loses a Member of its Family (Flo'z tribute added to the OP)

Tribute song was amazing.
LGD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject:

My condolences go out to his family. Phil did so much for this site, and I'll remember every bit of it.

Rest in peace.
Alpha

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject:

^ & ^^ totally agreed... flo'z really hit this one... thanks man, your words flow from the heart.
Ares24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject:

R.I.P. Phil! You will be missed!
cbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Alpha wrote:
82410 wrote:
C M B wrote:
82410 wrote:
agi500 wrote:
butcher_24 wrote:
82410 wrote:
butcher_24 wrote:
Man, we've lost three people in the last couple of years. Jill (Call The Foul), Greg (T I) and now Phil.
Super sad news.
My condolences to all you lg guys and gals and Phil's family.

I apologize for not commenting earlier about Phil's passing. I haven't been on LG in months.

Peace, Darrin

Hey man, I hope this note finds you well. Shoot me an email when you get the chance. I have this very hollow feeling after this sad news. I went on a hike yesterday and thought a lot about Phil. I'm planning a hike to Joshua Tree in his honor. Talk soon.

Jedicon

Life is good man.
Jed, what's up? Long time no hear. PM me your email. Not sure if it's the same?
Sad to hear about Phil, really tough news.

Alpha, Jed, Butcher...man how is everyone? Phil is bringing us all together again.

I think that alone would make Phil smile.

Jed, I always had a feeling that was you. Merry Christmas and I hope all is well.

Was it the completely impartial Kobe takes?

Merry Christmas to you as well...you're still one of 3 or so must read posters on my list-(I sure hope you make some money writing in some capacity)

Dang Monty, even I knew that was Jed... you know 82410 is BZHIO in l33t... meaning Bees Heel... which translates into Jedicon...

j/p, nice to see everyone as well... as in the non-virtual world, sad that it takes something like a funeral to reaquaint good friends... although, like jed said, i think Phil is pleased that his life could do something like this... Phil was all about bringing people together ...

FatSam99 wrote:
Darrin just e-mailed me and let me know about Phil's passing. My condolences to everyone, and particularly to Phil's family. I sort of feel like apologizing for only showing up here for this, but the way Lakerstalk ended, with Jill and then Greg dying, depressed me for months and made it difficult to be online. I saw Greg very shortly before he died, and some of you know the details of his death. His son had a new baby and Greg was depressed and the whole thing just distressed me terribly.

And now Phil. I had some arguments with Phil, but we patched them up and the last few interchanges with him were good. He sent me a set of Springsteen live CDs that he'd burned himself, and I still listen to that music today -- last time a couple weekends ago. I'm very sorry to hear about his passing.

Butcher, Agi, Jedi, CMB, Nugget, Rib .... good to see you all again. I wish it weren't under these circumstances.

-- Dan

Dan, really, really good to see you... and yeah, i understand about losing Greg, Jill and now Phil... they really were like family. I just exchanged emails with Randy the other week (just seeing how he was doing). I really miss them.

Hit me up anytime, for anything... hope you and the family are doing well... the boys must be all grown up already.

Hey, it's old home week! How is everyone??

I knew Alpha was here, but not the rest.

LT was a great place back in the day. Just the right size to keep things lively yet personal enough to care.

Merry Christmas to all. Phil would be happy.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Man, sorry to hear about that. My condolences to the Allen family. May he rest in peace.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Alpha wrote:
82410 wrote:
C M B wrote:
82410 wrote:
agi500 wrote:
butcher_24 wrote:
82410 wrote:
butcher_24 wrote:
Man, we've lost three people in the last couple of years. Jill (Call The Foul), Greg (T I) and now Phil.
Super sad news.
My condolences to all you lg guys and gals and Phil's family.

I apologize for not commenting earlier about Phil's passing. I haven't been on LG in months.

Peace, Darrin

Hey man, I hope this note finds you well. Shoot me an email when you get the chance. I have this very hollow feeling after this sad news. I went on a hike yesterday and thought a lot about Phil. I'm planning a hike to Joshua Tree in his honor. Talk soon.

Jedicon

Life is good man.
Jed, what's up? Long time no hear. PM me your email. Not sure if it's the same?
Sad to hear about Phil, really tough news.

Alpha, Jed, Butcher...man how is everyone? Phil is bringing us all together again.

I think that alone would make Phil smile.

Jed, I always had a feeling that was you. Merry Christmas and I hope all is well.

Was it the completely impartial Kobe takes?

Merry Christmas to you as well...you're still one of 3 or so must read posters on my list-(I sure hope you make some money writing in some capacity)

Dang Monty, even I knew that was Jed... you know 82410 is BZHIO in l33t... meaning Bees Heel... which translates into Jedicon...

j/p, nice to see everyone as well... as in the non-virtual world, sad that it takes something like a funeral to reaquaint good friends... although, like jed said, i think Phil is pleased that his life could do something like this... Phil was all about bringing people together ...

FatSam99 wrote:
Darrin just e-mailed me and let me know about Phil's passing. My condolences to everyone, and particularly to Phil's family. I sort of feel like apologizing for only showing up here for this, but the way Lakerstalk ended, with Jill and then Greg dying, depressed me for months and made it difficult to be online. I saw Greg very shortly before he died, and some of you know the details of his death. His son had a new baby and Greg was depressed and the whole thing just distressed me terribly.

And now Phil. I had some arguments with Phil, but we patched them up and the last few interchanges with him were good. He sent me a set of Springsteen live CDs that he'd burned himself, and I still listen to that music today -- last time a couple weekends ago. I'm very sorry to hear about his passing.

Butcher, Agi, Jedi, CMB, Nugget, Rib .... good to see you all again. I wish it weren't under these circumstances.

-- Dan

Dan, really, really good to see you... and yeah, i understand about losing Greg, Jill and now Phil... they really were like family. I just exchanged emails with Randy the other week (just seeing how he was doing). I really miss them.

Hit me up anytime, for anything... hope you and the family are doing well... the boys must be all grown up already.

I too just found out about Phil's passing. Why do bad things have to happen to good people? My thoughts are with his family as well as the rest of the Laker fan comunity. I still remember how shocked I was when I found out about Greg and now this?

They are all up there with Chick, rooting for the Lakers!
Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject:

Rest In Peace.
DarthRekal
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject:

This is REALLY sad... phil touched alot of us.. all of us.. not just on LG.. but other Lakers fans too... this is horrible news and i'm saddened deeply..

i hope for all it's worth that the Allen family can find some comfort to get them through this time..

God rest your soul Phil.. we miss ya and love ya
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Phil if you can read this up there i just want to say Merry Christmas... miss ya buddy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12
Jump to: