Blackout Areas for League Pass

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LG Neighborhood Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerry Atrick
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Blackout Areas for League Pass

I live in the Pacific North West, some sixty miles to the north west of Seattle. I was accustomed to having the Sonic games blacked out when they played in the Key Arena. Now that the Sonics are gone, I didn't expect that I would have any blackouts.

Now when I try to watch Trailblazer games, played in Portland, I get a message that those games are not available in my area. I think that the distance from Portland to Oak Harbor is about two hundred and twenty miles. I called the League Pass phone number and was told that the blackout area is dictated by the NBA and not League Pass.

My question is: is anyone else in this area being blacked out by League Pass. Has anyone complained and got the Blazer games restored. I am not a Blazer fan, but the Lakers play a couple of games up in Portland and I will not be able to watch them.

Regards, Jerry Atrick
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject:

I don't know the answer, but hello from another Washingtonian (Spokane)
Jerry Atrick
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Hello 24:

Do you have League Pass? If you do, Are you blacked out for any games, for instance Utah Jazz?

Thanks for the reply, Regards Jerry Atrick
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Don't have it this year, but don't remember any blackouts last year...
Shalashaska
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject:

I've had this problem as well.

I purchased the online league pass feature (going to school on the East Coast), but since I've been in LA for the past month, every single Lakers home game has been blocked due to "blackout" restrictions.

Just use one of the streaming links posted here - saves a lot of hassles.
Jerry Atrick
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Shalashaska:

I think that there is some kind of area (used t be a 75 mile radius) where they blacked out local games. If you live in L.A. you were probably are within that 75 mile radius. I am over two hundred miles from Portland, so I cannot understand being blacked out.

Regards, J. Atrick
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Jerry Atrick wrote:
Thanks Shalashaska:

I think that there is some kind of area (used t be a 75 mile radius) where they blacked out local games. If you live in L.A. you were probably are within that 75 mile radius. I am over two hundred miles from Portland, so I cannot understand being blacked out.

Regards, J. Atrick

I would recommend calling your provider for clarification.
Wolverine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject:

The reason that games are blacked out on league pass is that they want you to watch those games on local TV. But if you don't get Blazer games on the tube up in Oak Harbor, that's pretty messed up.
Jerry Atrick
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject:

I think that they may have Blazer games on one of the cable channels. I can't get cable where I live, that is why I have Satellite Internet. I missed the Laker game at Minnesota because it was not on League Pass. Some guy said it was on League Pass in New York. I am beginning to wonder if it is worth the $149. Thanks for your reply.

Geokal
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LG Neighborhood All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: