DailyNews: Shaq in L.A. again? Lakers' Jackson would be OK with that
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject:

seriously, (bleep) shaq
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Tell me how my (bleep) tastes?

You can forgive but you don't have to forget.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject:

82410 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
I'll take the drama of the 3 titles over the group hug of 0 titles.

your bitterness about losing your Shaq has clouded you to the dynasty the Lakers are building, and that started with the departure of Shaq. When this Laker team is done, those 3 titles may look small in comparison.

Sure it might. And if it does, I would be happy. But even a year and a half from now, Shaq will be a better backup center than Mihm is.

And as for your bitterness comment, why continue to show how little you know? Isn't it time to stop being wrong? I have to laugh at your ignorance every time I read a comment like that.
Lakers For Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject:

I want Kobe to have more championships than Shaq.

Shaq would not be talking nicely about Kobe and the Lakers if they weren't a championship contending team. Shaqs hoping Lakers take him back so he can ride Kobe's jock again for more titles then brag about having more rings than Duncan etc.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:08 am    Post subject:

No thanks.
MedRomLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:06 am    Post subject:

Kobe>Shaq no need for Shaq. That fool needs to retire after his contracts up, period. Don't wanna see that fool back in p&g.

4/30/14 the day the ant left the building!!!!!!
vakobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:12 am    Post subject:

This proposed blackballing of Shaq is completely ridiculous. He may not be a good fit for this team now and it may not make financial sense. But why is he public enemy number one just because he had a falling out with the front office?
Several other beloved Lakers, including Kobe and Magic Johnson, have done the same thing. And few, if any, contributing more to the Laker legacy than Shaq.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:27 am    Post subject:

It is funny to still see a few minds here trying to implant that notion of Kobe's inability to win a ring without Shaq. I don't know if they are afraid that Kobe might win more rings than Shaq because Kobe just needs 2 more rings to surpass Shaq. The first one "on his own" may come this June, tieing Shaq's and at the same time gets the monkey off his back.

It will be up to the entire Lakers organization to decide whether to take Shaq back if it is financially possible. But it certainly must go through Dr. Buss and Kobe first because they are the ones hurt most by Shaq so far.

My feeling is that when Dr Buss takes the chemistry issue and Andrew's development into account, he will likely say no.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:36 am    Post subject:

This would not happen unless Kobe was 100 % on board with it.
targetman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:29 am    Post subject:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-heisler15-2009feb15,0,6811003.column

Revising history as only he can, O'Neal has now said that their feud was a marketing ploy so many times, in so many ways, people may even believe it.

There's an old baseball joke about the ballplayer walking down the street with his girlfriend, when they run into his wife.

"Who are you going to believe," he asks his wife, "me or your eyes?"

That's like Shaq.

In Friday's media session, O'Neal, croaking like Don Corleone after waking up with a cold but determined to keep going, noted that he and Kobe are "still talked about to this day, and I haven't played with him for four or five years, so my marketing worked."

The two are now good friends, who stay in touch, text messaging back and forth.

"We talk a lot," said O'Neal. "All the time . . . 'Good game. How you doing? How's the kids?' Simple stuff."

Or not. Bryant looked surprised to hear they talk all the time.

"Um yeah," Kobe said, tentatively, "we talked over the summer."

And texting back and forth?

"Yeah, we've texted before. I'm evasive on that subject. I don't want to get into it. We have a good relationship, though."

Several Shaq questions later, Bryant shut it down. "It wasn't a fun time for me," he said, "so I'm not about to revisit it."

This was Kobe on his best behavior, in front of the cameras. Wednesday in Salt Lake City, a local writer asked the standard question about playing with O'Neal and Bryant exclaimed, "Are you kidding me?" narrowing his eyes, like Clint Eastwood, or Kobe, before apologizing and answering.

So, it's safe to conclude Bryant has hard feelings.

He's entitled to them. When O'Neal left the Lakers, he took advantage of his position, at the height of his popularity, on a good team in Miami where he would win his fourth title, to belittle Bryant at every opportunity.
Arizona
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject:

shortodom wrote:
http://www.nba.com/video/channels/allstar/2009/02/14/nba_2009014_shaq_kobe_intv.nba/index.html
Damn that was awkward as hell. You could tell Kobe DID NOT want to be there. Shaq is so full of bull (bleep) it's coming out his ears. If Shaq came back to the Lakers, I'd quit watching them until he left. I can't stand that ass.

“You’ve got to play with pride and guts.” -LO
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject:

vakobe wrote:
This proposed blackballing of Shaq is completely ridiculous. He may not be a good fit for this team now and it may not make financial sense. But why is he public enemy number one just because he had a falling out with the front office?
Several other beloved Lakers, including Kobe and Magic Johnson, have done the same thing. And few, if any, contributing more to the Laker legacy than Shaq.

he trashed everyone associated with the lakers as soon as he got traded to the heat, and NOW he acts like he loves them

we see right through his schemes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
GLBronze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject:

I'm just laughing out loud at this thread, hysterically.
dmills
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject:

I for one am counting down the days until after the 20th. Please lakers let the past be the past. We have a great young team that can make a nice run for years to come. Please don't ruin it.
dyNastY-
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:35 am    Post subject:

Lakers 4 eva wrote:
JJ81 wrote:
Lets get him in the summer after we've won the championship.

That would mean Bynum has Shaq and Kareem both teaching him!

What the hell can Shaq teach Bynum? You can't teach 350 lbs and freakishly agile.

Puhleeeze.

Shaq had great footwork, perfect drop-step, awesome spinmoves and fakes to get free, good handles for a guy his size, good passing skills and he could anchor the defence with his intimidation and shotblocking.

It's not like he was all-out jump&run player.

Shaquille could pass on his demeanor of destroying everyone, to Bynum. Ruthless attitude.

PS. I'd take Shaquille back here, but only once his contract runs out. There is simply no cap-space and financial possibility for it as things are now.
JJH35
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:35 am    Post subject:

when you think of it an all it'd be kinda cool, but really looking into it, it's not worth it..

the glory days are over with that team, lets start some new ones with THIS team.

shaq would probably accept his bench role (which is where he should be) for a couple weeks then start complaining about getting touches and that the offense should go through him

and like someone previously mentioned...if they won with shaq, kobe would once again get limited credit for it and they'd think it's because of shaq.

shaq is the only reason that phoenix is remotely competitive right now, he's having a solid year, but the pieces don't fit in LA anymore.

Is he trying to turn into John Salley and squeeze on the bench for more rings.

Play as long as you want Shaqtus but you ain't gonna be swiping rings in LA on your last call
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:56 am    Post subject:

LakerEric wrote:
jaylen wrote:
wouldn't work these are Kobe's soldiers, he's molded them created a certain work ethic and demeanor, Kobe wouldn't appreciate Shaq's joking when the team needs to be focused.

EXACTLY

+1

Another bad decision from Phil...

I'm so glad Phil is NOT the Laker GM....

If Phil had been the GM through the years the Lakers would NOT HAVE Kobe or Bynum in a Laker uniform.... Remember Phil wanted to trade Kobe for Marion early in Kobe's career and publicly alluded to support for trading Bynum during the Kobe outburst and I would add that you could probably add Cook, Rider, Mckee and a bunch of other players that Phil had some influence as far as picks or acquisitions that were basically bad calls...

Phil maybe a good coach but he very often makes very ODD if not BAD decisions...

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
targetman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject:

GLBronze wrote:
I'm just laughing out loud at this thread, hysterically.

wow, you're easily amused
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:38 am    Post subject:

Legacy wrote:
Win a title first.

Let his contract run out.

Then sign him for the vet min.

This could be a good thing. I have come to dislike Shaq because of Shaq himself. I'm sure I am not the only one. But I can't help but feel a void somewhere. Somewhere between all the trash talking, and the consecutive championships. A part of me wants (for him) to mend his relationship with everyone in Laker land. That way we can embrace him with all our other great players. Hate him or not, he belongs up in our rafters. I don't want any hard feelings to taint our sacred jerseys every time I look up there.

But like I said....

Win a title, then we can talk turkey.

Add a public apology by Shaq where he actually takes responsibility for his immaturity and lack of respect for the organization, and I'm SOLD. None of this "Nothing happened, it was all the media's fault" BS.

Back then, Shaq was an unprofessional, egotistical, selfish punk. At that same time, Kobe was an arrogant, stubborn jerk -- but at least he practiced his tail off, worked like a maniac to maintain his conditioning and stamina, and fought through injuries without demanding media sympathy.

Let's get the current Laker squad a title, THEN we can worry about bringing the Big Prodigal Son home.

MIM
Statcat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:38 am    Post subject:

What the hell did you expect Phil to say? This whole thing is a Shaq/media concoction and some posters here are falling for it.

If the lakers were a 6/7 seed in the west Shaq would not even consider coming back.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject:

dyNastY- wrote:
Lakers 4 eva wrote:
JJ81 wrote:
Lets get him in the summer after we've won the championship.

That would mean Bynum has Shaq and Kareem both teaching him!

What the hell can Shaq teach Bynum? You can't teach 350 lbs and freakishly agile.

Puhleeeze.

Shaq had great footwork, perfect drop-step, awesome spinmoves and fakes to get free, good handles for a guy his size, good passing skills and he could anchor the defence with his intimidation and shotblocking.

It's not like he was all-out jump&run player.

Shaquille could pass on his demeanor of destroying everyone, to Bynum. Ruthless attitude.

PS. I'd take Shaquille back here, but only once his contract runs out. There is simply no cap-space and financial possibility for it as things are now.

the one most important thing he could teach Andrew is how to pass out of the post which Shaq is great at doing. THis is one part of the game that Andrew still has NO clue about.
Laker7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Not with his current salary and attitude (I am still the greatest!). We do not need it right now.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Phil probably won't even be the head coach when Shaq is available to come to the Lakers.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Phil probably won't even be the head coach when Shaq is available to come to the Lakers.

If we start winning titles I dont see Phil quitting.... He could milk this for a while!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject:

There is still a part of me that thinks that once Phil passes Red, he is gone. Face it, with today's CBA, it is doubtful that another coach could ever pass Phil's mark in titles.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7
Jump to: