***LAKERS @ NUGGETS Game Thread 2/27 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerHabib
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject:

I always say this in these kinds of losses:

Regardless of our level of play (which was horrible), there is no excuse for officiating this horrendous.
It was ridiculous... Lakers were getting no calls inside (both ways).
Our interior D sucked, but make no mistake that whenever we tried to be aggressors in the paint, we were only met with no-calls on O and ticky-tack calls on D. "Birdman" and Nene pushed and hacked so much that, combined with our poor shooting, made me want to turn off the TV every play.

Amen to that!
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Question for all you people who are calling this the worst game you've ever seen: have you ever watched the Clippers?
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:22 pm    Post subject:

Stern wanted to show fans that one of the other top teams in the West could beat the Lakers. They were getting too good...no one would care about the Western Conference playoffs if that kept up.
drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:23 pm    Post subject:

No team was screwed tonight, but the fans sure as (bleep) were. Calling fouls every five seconds makes the game pretty (bleep) unwatchable.
RhodyRay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:04 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
drzucchini wrote:
Qsmiff wrote:
This should put an end to the STUPID "Do we need Drew" questions

It's only one game. This doesn't erase what they've accomplished @ Boston, @ Cleveland, and everything since The Big Potential went down.

No, but it showed a big team weakness. No interior defense at all, and no decent offensive post play. So those weaknesses didn't manifest themselves in one game against the Celtics and Cavs, we would be foolish to think that they would never appear in a 7-game series.

Yep and Gasol isn't gassed if he has Bynum helping him out and he is not forced to play at the center spot. I think Gasol took a beating against Shaq for the limited time he played against him last night. He looked totally spent tonight. He couldn't do JACK tonight. One loss--and for me a very predictable loss. The Nuggets TRIED to give this game to the Lakers but they just couldn't get a handle on it.
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject:

JIFISH wrote:
Question for all you people who are calling this the worst game you've ever seen: have you ever watched the Clippers?

who actually watches jv basketball?
DJ Qube
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject:

dmills wrote:
gotta agree with the op. Some of the worst officiating i've seen in a while on both teams. Denver played through it, the lakers are a rhythm team so it affected them more.

That's the thing. Denver shot like crap too. They didn't play through jack. What happened was they travelled and carried their way to ticky tack free throws on 9 out their last 10 posessions to ice the game.
Trey
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject:

shnjb wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
NO CUSES CAUSE OUR BENCH SUCKED.

cuse?

What the (bleep) is that?

Did you just come up with that word?

Who cares.. are you the spelling nazi? lol... He or I or you can shorthand and slang any word we want... this site is not our resume.. is it?
Trey
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
Stern wanted to show fans that one of the other top teams in the West could beat the Lakers. They were getting too good...no one would care about the Western Conference playoffs if that kept up.

Honest.. that thought crossed my mind while watching this game - Our record against the Nuggets was 9-0 before this game..lol.. and they truly barely beat us ...
Bballguru5000
Star Player
Star Player

Location: Born and Raised in Los Angeles, now living in Manhattan, NY.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject:

Trey wrote:
shnjb wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
NO CUSES CAUSE OUR BENCH SUCKED.

cuse?

What the (bleep) is that?

Did you just come up with that word?

Who cares.. are you the spelling nazi? lol... He or I or you can shorthand and slang any word we want... this site is not our resume.. is it?

Speak for yourself. When I want to send in a sample of my writing in hopes of interesting book publishers, I send in links to my LG posts. And I want the publishers to think I'm posting amongst literary giants.

On the serious note, spelling is not an issue, as long as it's anywhere in the ballpark and idea has come across.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:40 am    Post subject:

Bird man? He'll die befoer 30. Boook it. Don't do it mitch!
tenike1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:43 am    Post subject:

Lakers get ESPN for the 2009 Western Conference Finals. So two rounds of ESPN and ABC in a row will make the road to the championship much more difficult. I'll take the Lakers over denver in 4-2 if they get an ABC-ESPN dominated television schedule.
JJ81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:07 am    Post subject:

We were getting no calls and they were getting them all.
dmills
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:27 am    Post subject:

DJ Qube wrote:
dmills wrote:
gotta agree with the op. Some of the worst officiating i've seen in a while on both teams. Denver played through it, the lakers are a rhythm team so it affected them more.

That's the thing. Denver shot like crap too. They didn't play through jack. What happened was they travelled and carried their way to ticky tack free throws on 9 out their last 10 posessions to ice the game.
Denver played through it. Yes the lakers were the recipients of some terrible calls down the strech, yes some of the birdman's 'BLOCKS' were really goal tends, but bottom line is Denver found a way to play through it and they won. But the larger issue in my eye's is that NBA fans got screwed tonight by over zealous and inconsistent 'officiating'. Even more so then the Lakers did IMO at least.
targetman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:30 am    Post subject:

drzucchini wrote:
No team was screwed tonight, but the fans sure as (bleep) were. Calling fouls every five seconds makes the game pretty (bleep) unwatchable.

I agree with this. It drags the game out and takes any rhythm and momentum out of the game. I thought maybe it would change after the half because the reffing crew would have realized that but it was just as bad in the second. B-O-R-I-N-G
dmills
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:50 am    Post subject:

Yep. It was brutal to watch. Bad night for the NBA.
Mr. NBA Logo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:16 am    Post subject:

The losses now are better than 2 months from now. This is not the same Nuggets team from last year. No worries here.
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:28 am    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:

There are a lot of teams with 10% lower attendance records the last 3 months, that are heading for financial trouble. There is a motive for throwing hometeams a bone. I think we're going to see a lower salary cap next year instead of a higher one.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49
Page 49 of 49
Jump to: