If You Could Keep One of These Players Pt. II
Goto page 1, 2  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 24452

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:12 pm    Post subject: If You Could Keep One of These Players Pt. II

Still absolutely Lonzo Ball over BI. Those who voted for Kuzma over either were fools.
_________________
Running through the house with a pickle in my mouth
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
alleyoop
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 08 Feb 2018
Posts: 985

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: If You Could Keep One of These Players Pt. II

Shouldn't be a contest. BI by far the best performed and most consistent of the lot. Will be a multiple time All-Star and MIP this year, whereas Kuz and Lonzo will probably never get there

But of course, you have to give something to get something, glad we have AD and happy that BI and Lonzo seem to be doing okay in Nawlins
_________________
Option 1: Trade Cook for Denzel Valentine, waive Daniels, sign Darren Collison
Option 2: Trade Kuzma, Cook and Daniels for Derrick Rose and Markieff Morris, sign a buyout shooter (possibly Allen Crabbe/JR Smith/Solomon Hill)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 24452

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: If You Could Keep One of These Players Pt. II

alleyoop wrote:
Shouldn't be a contest. BI by far the best performed and most consistent of the lot. Will be a multiple time All-Star and MIP this year, whereas Kuz and Lonzo will probably never get there

But of course, you have to give something to get something, glad we have AD and happy that BI and Lonzo seem to be doing okay in Nawlins

Lonzo > BI
_________________
Running through the house with a pickle in my mouth
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 21727
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: If You Could Keep One of These Players Pt. II

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Shouldn't be a contest. BI by far the best performed and most consistent of the lot. Will be a multiple time All-Star and MIP this year, whereas Kuz and Lonzo will probably never get there

But of course, you have to give something to get something, glad we have AD and happy that BI and Lonzo seem to be doing okay in Nawlins

Lonzo > BI

Does the 39% from the field and 50% from the line factor in to your calculation?
_________________
"Turn your losses into lessons." - Mike "The Situation"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 4978

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:25 pm    Post subject:

I don’t think anyone would think Lonzo is better than BI now, wexcept the Balls. So which one are you?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 8478
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Both.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
L4L
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 28 Nov 2007
Posts: 279

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Ingram. This is a wing’s league and this is a shooter’s league; Ingram is both and Lonzo is neither. I have doubts that Lonzo ever becomes an above-average NBA shooter. Ingram already is. That level of shooting and that length can literally slot into any lineup and improve it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
trablos
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 May 2017
Posts: 2998

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:50 pm    Post subject:

L4L wrote:
Ingram. This is a wing’s league and this is a shooter’s league; Ingram is both and Lonzo is neither. I have doubts that Lonzo ever becomes an above-average NBA shooter. Ingram already is. That level of shooting and that length can literally slot into any lineup and improve it.

Lonzo is a wing and top guard defender. Ingram is still better though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
L4L
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 28 Nov 2007
Posts: 279

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:58 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:

Lonzo is a wing.


I’m not buying it. He can defend 2s and smaller 3s. Ingram has the tools to be able to hang with the new prototype wings with 7’+ wing spans.

For Ingram to reach his ceiling, needs to continue to add muscle mass which is a lot easier than what Lonzo needs to do and that is to completely revamp his shot and take nearly unprecedented leaps in efficiency.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Kobe_Is_King13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 16 Jul 2018
Posts: 159

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:06 pm    Post subject:

There really isn't any argument. Ingram is just a month older than Ball but far, far superior a player to date.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 19844
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: If You Could Keep One of These Players Pt. II

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Shouldn't be a contest. BI by far the best performed and most consistent of the lot. Will be a multiple time All-Star and MIP this year, whereas Kuz and Lonzo will probably never get there

But of course, you have to give something to get something, glad we have AD and happy that BI and Lonzo seem to be doing okay in Nawlins

Lonzo > BI


You're going to die on this hill, aren't you?
_________________
OK, no superteam, but we can still do this. Onward and upward.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Aug 2008
Posts: 12517
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:13 pm    Post subject:

BI over Lonzo any day and every day...
_________________
The move
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pjiddy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Dec 2005
Posts: 24283
Location: North Hollywood

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: If You Could Keep One of These Players Pt. II

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Still absolutely Lonzo Ball over BI. Those who voted for Kuzma over either were fools.


I always accepted Ingram had to go, but wished there was a way to keep Lonzo, who did seem to fit better with LeBron.


I would've kept future picks over Kuzma.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 34129

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: If You Could Keep One of These Players Pt. II

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Still absolutely Lonzo Ball over BI. Those who voted for Kuzma over either were fools.


Obviously
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

For us anything short of a championship is not success.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 24452

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:02 am    Post subject: Re: If You Could Keep One of These Players Pt. II

ChickenStu wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Shouldn't be a contest. BI by far the best performed and most consistent of the lot. Will be a multiple time All-Star and MIP this year, whereas Kuz and Lonzo will probably never get there

But of course, you have to give something to get something, glad we have AD and happy that BI and Lonzo seem to be doing okay in Nawlins

Lonzo > BI


You're going to die on this hill, aren't you?

Ingram having a fourth season marginally better than Ball's first season while Ball is in his third season and everyone falls all over Ingram is LG.com in a nutshell.
_________________
Running through the house with a pickle in my mouth
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 12434
Location: Somewhere watching a Laker game

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:36 am    Post subject:

BI and it ain't even close. BI has the highest ceiling out of all of our young guns.

I love the AD trade but hated giving up BI. Griffith would not pull the trigger without BI (and rightfully so).

Coaches gonna vote Tiny Dawg into the all star game this year. Next year the fans gonna vote him in as a starter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 14435

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:52 am    Post subject:

All-star vote notwithstanding, Caruso vs Josh Hart
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Posts: 10475
Location: The Other Perspective

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:29 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
BI over Lonzo any day and every day...

_________________
"Chick lived and breathed Lakers basketball…but he was also fair and objective and called every game the way it was played."
-from Chick: His Unpublished Memoirs and the Memories of Those Who Knew Him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SPO200
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 28 Jun 2018
Posts: 415

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:38 am    Post subject:

The questions is how Kuzma would perform in the current Pellicans without BI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 19844
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: If You Could Keep One of These Players Pt. II

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Shouldn't be a contest. BI by far the best performed and most consistent of the lot. Will be a multiple time All-Star and MIP this year, whereas Kuz and Lonzo will probably never get there

But of course, you have to give something to get something, glad we have AD and happy that BI and Lonzo seem to be doing okay in Nawlins

Lonzo > BI


You're going to die on this hill, aren't you?

Ingram having a fourth season marginally better than Ball's first season while Ball is in his third season and everyone falls all over Ingram is LG.com in a nutshell.


If a difference of 10.5 points in eFG% and 15.5 points in TS% is marginal to you, alrighty then.
_________________
OK, no superteam, but we can still do this. Onward and upward.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Apr 2007
Posts: 7618

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: If You Could Keep One of These Players Pt. II

ChickenStu wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Shouldn't be a contest. BI by far the best performed and most consistent of the lot. Will be a multiple time All-Star and MIP this year, whereas Kuz and Lonzo will probably never get there

But of course, you have to give something to get something, glad we have AD and happy that BI and Lonzo seem to be doing okay in Nawlins

Lonzo > BI


You're going to die on this hill, aren't you?

Ingram having a fourth season marginally better than Ball's first season while Ball is in his third season and everyone falls all over Ingram is LG.com in a nutshell.


If a difference of 10.5 points in eFG% and 15.5 points in TS% is marginal to you, alrighty then.


I don't know what all the advanced metrics look like, though the individual scoring-related ones will go to BI in a landslide. But you can't help but notice that the Pels' brief stretches of above average play this season have all coincided with Jrue going out and Zo getting big minutes. BI has been scoring well all year, both when they were floundering and now, but it seems like Zo's the one that makes that team go.

If I was them, I'd just deal Jrue to the highest bidder and let the youngins fly. Such an enviable situation, when they still have Zion in the bullpen and a bazillion picks from the AD and probable future Jrue trade.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Apr 2007
Posts: 7618

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:41 am    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
The questions is how Kuzma would perform in the current Pellicans without BI


In that offense, playing super uptempo ball with Zo who he has great chemistry with? He'd be scoring an easy 20 a game, 6-8 rebounds, and playing zero D without the pressure. But he still wouldn't be able to match what BI is doing as a #1 scorer with some playmaking chops, and at that volume/efficiency.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Mar 2017
Posts: 2531

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: If You Could Keep One of These Players Pt. II

TheBlackMamba wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Shouldn't be a contest. BI by far the best performed and most consistent of the lot. Will be a multiple time All-Star and MIP this year, whereas Kuz and Lonzo will probably never get there

But of course, you have to give something to get something, glad we have AD and happy that BI and Lonzo seem to be doing okay in Nawlins

Lonzo > BI


You're going to die on this hill, aren't you?

Ingram having a fourth season marginally better than Ball's first season while Ball is in his third season and everyone falls all over Ingram is LG.com in a nutshell.


If a difference of 10.5 points in eFG% and 15.5 points in TS% is marginal to you, alrighty then.


I don't know what all the advanced metrics look like, though the individual scoring-related ones will go to BI in a landslide. But you can't help but notice that the Pels' brief stretches of above average play this season have all coincided with Jrue going out and Zo getting big minutes. BI has been scoring well all year, both when they were floundering and now, but it seems like Zo's the one that makes that team go.

If I was them, I'd just deal Jrue to the highest bidder and let the youngins fly. Such an enviable situation, when they still have Zion in the bullpen and a bazillion picks from the AD and probable future Jrue trade.



Zo will have the biggest impact out of all our young players once he gets it going. The Pels did not started winning until Zo started making his presence felt and it will be more noticeable once Zion finally plays.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 19844
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:44 pm    Post subject:

^
For the record, my specific reply was to BVH's comment that Ingram is only playing marginally better this year than what Lonzo was doing in his rookie year.

And yes, I think the Pels should trade Holiday.
_________________
OK, no superteam, but we can still do this. Onward and upward.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
alleyoop
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 08 Feb 2018
Posts: 985

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:54 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^
For the record, my specific reply was to BVH's comment that Ingram is only playing marginally better this year than what Lonzo was doing in his rookie year.

And yes, I think the Pels should trade Holiday.

Yeah, that take’s bizarre. Sure, rookie Lonzo was a plus defender and probably the best passing version of him we saw on the Lakers, but how you could put rookie Lonzo, who was a complete liability finishing inside, from deep and from the FT line, above current BI is crazy to me
_________________
Option 1: Trade Cook for Denzel Valentine, waive Daniels, sign Darren Collison
Option 2: Trade Kuzma, Cook and Daniels for Derrick Rose and Markieff Morris, sign a buyout shooter (possibly Allen Crabbe/JR Smith/Solomon Hill)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB