The Blueprint, Reasonable Doubt, The Chronic, The Chronic 2001, Get Rich or Die Trying, Ready To Die, Illmatic, Life After Death, Slim Shady LP,
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  

your favorite
The Blueprint - Jay-Z
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Reasonable Doubt - Jay-Z
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
The Chronic - Dr.Dre
31%
 31%  [ 13 ]
The Chronic 2001 - Dr.Dre
12%
 12%  [ 5 ]
Get Rich or Die Trying - 50 Cent sold 12 million gotta b on every list
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Ready To Die - Biggie
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Illmatic - Nas
24%
 24%  [ 10 ]
Life After Death - Biggie
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Slim Shady LP - Eminem
14%
 14%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 41

slippy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject:

The Blueprint . . . The lyrics are up-and-down, but I loved the production and Jay's flow.

Reasonable Doubt . . . Last time Jay wrote his lyrics out. And it shows.

Chronic . . . Great production and Snoop's Slick Rick-style flow was a revelation, but the Chronic also marked the beginning of gangsta rap as suburban cartoon. I'm biased here because G-Funk ruined West Coast hip hop for me.

Chronic 2001 . . . Great 2nd act for a producer.

Get Rich or Die Trying . . . The ultimate corporate rap album. Sleek production, great choruses, and bid-budget thugploitation tales. Jay may have sold his soul, but he still had flow, lyricism, and punchlines. 50 had none of that, but he had a good backstory, a great image, and enough Reality Show diva behaviour to be the perfect Millennial Thug Celeb.

Ready To Die . . . Great. Close to Illmatic on this list.

Illmatic . . . Greatest on the list. One piece I read basically said this of Nas. He's a great lyricist, but he's not a great thinker. Illmatic created unrealistic expectations of him being both, but Nas also benefited from that perception too. So when he says "hip hop is dead", Nas couldn't follow up that with a great album about that. But because HE said it, that was enough for hip hop as well as his status.

Life After Death... Great transitional album. If only he lived to make the followup.

Slim Shady LP . . . It's still a good Midwestern horrorcore album.
TheBattleOfLosAngeles
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject:

i voted The Chronic. although i am partial to Doggystyle (even though Snoop is pretty much a joke now)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> The Best Of... All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: