Salries Aside...Who Would You Rather Have? Curry or J Rose?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Rose or Curry?
Curry
59%
 59%  [ 26 ]
J Rose
40%
 40%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 44

OscarWang
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject: Salries Aside...Who Would You Rather Have? Curry or J Rose?

Salries and tax issues aside, who would you like to see in purple and gold more? Curry or Rose?
The Mike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject:

I have to go with Rose just on the fact that if we get Curry, more than Likley Mihm will be apart of that deal. Mihm averageed more rounds and blocks per game than Curry did last year in less time. To me Curry is a scorer, which is something this team is not hurting for.
"Kobe Bryant is an absolute nightmare. You can hold your breath, send for help, sacrifice a chicken, it won't matter. Kobe Bryant is coming for you. He's got the ball and he's going to score...some way, some how."
Dancing Barry
Senator888
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:44 am    Post subject:

Curry for sure. With Brown and Curry putting up points, Odom who towers over his opponents can help with the boards. Defense is REALLY important, and that's how Detriot won it's title. It's harder to find BIG men that can score then PG's. My question is whether Spree can play point guard position?
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject:

Curry and Kwame.

Let's see...

One's a undersized center.
The other's a underachieving PF.

Neither blocks shots.
Neither known for hard work.

One of them has a heart problem.
The other has a heart problem that isn't a medical condition. (hint: mentally weak)

I'll pass on Curry.
el juey
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:38 am    Post subject:

shnjb wrote:
Curry and Kwame.

Let's see...

Neither blocks shots.

The other has a heart problem that isn't a medical condition. (hint: mentally weak)

I'll pass on Curry.

Obviously you don't know basketball, Mihm suckssssss man ! Curry is way better than him
froesel
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:26 am    Post subject:

Why would we want Curry? With a bad ticker, how much would he be able to play for us.
Laker7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:37 am    Post subject:

Rose has been a locker room cancer on several teams. He is on the downhill side of his career. Curry was in a difficult situation on a team trying to replace the MJ Bulls in the hearts of fans. I would give Curry a chance.
B_P
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:44 am    Post subject:

- Getting Curry would give us a strong low-post scorer.
- But, getting Curry would mean losing Mhim.
- Getting Curry also means getting his heart problems and it means we'd be getting a sub-par rebounder who doesn't really have that tough/aggressive defensive mind-set that (hopefully) Phil is trying to instill in our squad.

- Getting Rose would give us a big, versitle offenseive-minded swingman who can play the 1, 2 or 3 and who would probably be very happy in the triangle.
- Getting Rose would also mean losing (hopefully) Medvadenko - which is no real big loss, but he is a 6-10 body who can hit the J (and we need more big bodies). Either way (getting Rose or keeping Medvadenko), we're not helping ourselves on the DEFENSIVE end.
- And, of course, Jalen has always been a bit... "surly."

There's just too much risk and not enough rebounding/defense with Curry. At least Rose has shown some fire and skill on the offensive end and has said he'd like to play for the Lakers. Plus, with Bynum, we already have our future big-man. Will he be better than Curry?? Only time will tell.

I don't know. I'm not all that thrilled with either player. To make a final decision, I guess I'd flip the script and just look at who we'd be losing - instead of who we'd be gaining. I'd rather lose Medvadenko than Mhim... so I guess I gotta go with Rose - I just wish he'd defend better.
ShadyG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject:

The premise of this topic leaves too many variables. "Salaries Aside" doesn't mean much to those not paying the salaries. "Cap/exception impact aside" gets you a little closer, but what we're really worried about is the cost in talent of these players. If you couch it more like "which would you rather take for free?" -- in other words both are magically UFA, one of the two comes for the minimum, and we have a roster spot to spare -- I take a flyer on Curry. Hell, we're in risk mode, so why not opt for the younger, bigger player with more upside?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
freshprince
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:11 am    Post subject:

i would go with rose for many reasons as stated above. would want boozer if we can still land him!!!! that is who i wanted in the first place. rose is great to help kob with ball handling a la shaw and is a good post guard in the tri...he would be a great fit and likes kob..i am all for this!!!!
WestCCa
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:28 am    Post subject:

Rose is old and he's never been a very good defender. Offensively he can make an impact, but he's more of a slasher as opposed to what we need at the point which is a three-point shooter.

Legit centers like Curry are few and far between. Take the gamble on Curry. A move like that is necessary if the Lakers are to return to glory.
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject:

el juey wrote:
shnjb wrote:
Curry and Kwame.

Let's see...

Neither blocks shots.

I'll pass on Curry.

Obviously you don't know basketball, Mihm suckssssss man ! Curry is way better than him

Obviously you don't know anything.
Otherwise, you'd have a better counterpoint than "Mihm suckssssss! You don't know anything about basketball."

Note to self: Add el juey to posters to whom I should never pay any attention.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: