***LAKERS -vs- MAVERICKS 3/15 Game Thread***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 36, 37, 38  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chewrockan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject:

this team is not good enough to think they can just turn on the switch. they need to rip out the hearts of their opponents and not let up. turn 15 point leads into 30, not allow these ridiculous runs.
sone212
Star Player
Star Player

Just another Mavericks vs. Lakers game.
NOODLESTYLE
Star Player
Star Player

A Day in the Life wrote:
WTF are we gonna do about our bench production...jesus.

Bynum.
jack13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Thank God we have Kobe!
koolmo23
Star Player
Star Player

n9necount wrote:
Now we need New York to beat Cleveland in Cleveland.

boston lost so now we need a cavs lost
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

drzucchini wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
LO didn't know how much time was on the shot clock...

What a surprise.

That wasn't the worse thing to happen in this game. In fact that little miscue paled in comparison to some others coming down that stretch so, go ahead, try and blow that out of proportion... Al least the Lakers maintained possession, not like a couple of other (bleep) ups...
jack13
Star Player
Star Player

Mark Cuban what a moron...
Megatron24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Walton almost lose this game for us him and Phil are in cahoots
Jerry Atrick
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Don't feel bad Lamar. Vujacic went in for foul shooting.

Regards, J.Atrick
Spirit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject:

jack13 wrote:
Thank God we have Kobe!

And Ariza. And Gasol.
k4lakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject:

Spirit wrote:
jack13 wrote:
Thank God we have Kobe!

And Ariza. And Gasol.

And Pau.
NOODLESTYLE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject:

k4lakers wrote:
Spirit wrote:
jack13 wrote:
Thank God we have Kobe!

And Ariza. And Gasol.

And Pau.

and Mitch Kupchak.
k4lakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Highlight of Curt Sandoval's career.
Triple-Threat-Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject:

NOODLESTYLE wrote:
A Day in the Life wrote:

Bynum.

True, but it's really our Guard/Small forward bench production. Inability to hit open shots or even make an entry pass into the post. Hopefully those idiots get out of their slump fast.
kobe_d_great
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject:

my first post and we win
NOODLESTYLE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject:

A Day in the Life wrote:
NOODLESTYLE wrote:
A Day in the Life wrote:

Bynum.

True, but it's really our Guard/Small forward bench production. Inability to hit open shots or even make an entry pass into the post. Hopefully those idiots get out of their slump fast.

Ya I hope so too, but I think Sasha also benefited a lot playing alongside Kobe which resulted in getting a lot of open shots.

I think Farmar plays better with Bynum off the bench, and with Bynum's presence off the bench perhaps that will create more shots and oppurtunities for other players.
Fishlakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Thank God they pulled it out, this would have been a terrible lost today for the Lakers!! Woosh!
Game 3 Victory in Denver . Mostly they were talking about Fisher's speech, the kind that might one day be put on T-shirts and repeated on the corner of 11th and Figueroa, words fit for a parade, his Lakers stepping into their destiny. L.A. Times 2009
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
k4lakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject:

PJ's (hoarse and congested) Interview:

-Wasn't very proud & pleased with the way we played today, but we were able to come back after that deficit we got ourselves in and win the game.

-It's a 48 minute game, it's a long game. There's going to be ebbs and tides flow like that in the ballgame that are very difficult to manage for teams all the time especially when trying to substitute and bring guys in and change the tone of the game. They caught us at the right moment and exploited us and did a good job at it.

-(Asked to compare the Lakers from the first half of the season to now) I thought we had perhaps a better instinct, when it was 15, we'd try to extend it to 25 and try to take the heart out of the team and right now I think we've kind of played around with teams at times, allowed them to stay around in games.

-We shot the ball so well in the first half, that they thought this is an invitation to shoot some more 3's... and it was, but they didn't go in and we didn't get any offensive rebounds and that provides run-out flow opportunity for your opponent and that was how we got ourselves in a hole.

-Thinks Carlisle used the zone effectively and wasn't pleased the way the 2nd Unit handled the zone...1st unit at times didn't do so well either. We kind of felt so comfortable in the game that we didn't turn up the anxiety level high enough at that point.

-(When asked about Ariza's 26 pts as a starter) It's not important, it's not about the 26 points... you guys always look at the points, but it is important to shoot the ball and put it in and Trevor had a good night tonight in the first half particularly, but his defense and his ability to change things up are the difference and that's what he did late in the ball game that made us have a chance to get the lead back.
n9c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject:

k4lakers wrote:
PJ's (hoarse and congested) Interview:

-Wasn't very proud & pleased with the way we played today, but we were able to come back after that deficit we got ourselves in and win the game.

-It's a 48 minute game, it's a long game. There's going to be ebbs and tides flow like that in the ballgame that are very difficult to manage for teams all the time especially when trying to substitute and bring guys in and change the tone of the game. They caught us at the right moment and exploited us and did a good job at it.

-(Asked to compare the Lakers from the first half of the season to now) I thought we had perhaps a better instinct, when it was 15, we'd try to extend it to 25 and try to take the heart out of the team and right now I think we've kind of played around with teams at times, allowed them to stay around in games.

-We shot the ball so well in the first half, that they thought this is an invitation to shoot some more 3's... and it was, but they didn't go in and we didn't get any offensive rebounds and that provides run-out flow opportunity for your opponent and that was how we got ourselves in a hole.

-Thinks Carlisle used the zone effectively and wasn't pleased the way the 2nd Unit handled the zone...1st unit at times didn't do so well either. We kind of felt so comfortable in the game that we didn't turn up the anxiety level high enough at that point.

-(When asked about Ariza's 26 pts as a starter) It's not important, it's not about the 26 points... you guys always look at the points, but it is important to shoot the ball and put it in and Trevor had a good night tonight in the first half particularly, but his defense and his ability to change things up are the difference and that's what he did late in the ball game that made us have a chance to get the lead back.
k4lakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Trevor Ariza Interview:

-(Q: 26 pts, career high, but lost a 15 pt lead, what happened there?) Every team makes runs. Jason Terry got real hot and he hit a lot of open shots. He seemed to find himself open a lot of times so we'll have to focus on not letting him get as many open shots as he did.

-(Q: When you guys came back you went on a 12-0 run and you scored 6 straight pts, what were you thinking?) If I have an open layup, I'm going to shoot it, if they close out, I'm going to try to go by them. They were in the zone so there was a lot of space and room to get to the basket.

-(Q: If the season ended today, this is the team that you would play in the 1st round of the playoffs, what's the greatest concern you have about the Dallas Mavericks?) They have a lot of scorers, Jason Terry coming off the bench is a big player for them. Jason Kidd controls the tempo of the game and Dirk makes big shots for them, Bass comes off the bench and does good work so there's a lot of weapons that they have.

-(Q: Re: The Lakers having a big lead despite Kobe yet to score) That goes to show that we have a pretty good team (smiles). Kobe, of course is the best player in the NBA, but in the 1st qtr he allowed us to do our thing.

(Q: How far will UCLA go in the tournament?) Final Four at the least.
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject:

I expect the Mavs to play us hard, very hard!!! In fact, every freaking team in the NBA plays the lakers hard! If we were to go to Washington today you would think its a plalyoff game, WHY because its the friggin lakers!!!
k4lakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject:

Pau Gasol Interview:

-(Q: 12 of 13 today, is that a by product of what they were giving you with that softer zone?) No, not really because I didn't get many looks against the zone, it was all in the first half pretty much. I was feeling pretty good today and I was able to attack well and finish well so I felt good out there.

-(Q: It was like 2 completely different games in the first half and second half) Obviously when you are up against an opponent and are playing comfortably and you have a nice lead, you tend to relax and not finish up games. When the substitutions came in, the level also dropped and we weren't getting it done. When the starters came off the bench, they regained the lead, took care of business and we played the type of zone that we were supposed to the whole time.

-Not good basketball recognition. We settled for jumpers and that's what they want, that's what the zone wants you to do. And I think it's a lack of playing against the zone, we haven't faced the zone really this year much at all. We don't practice it much either because players don't really play it so we didn't really feel comfortable attacking it and guys weren't aware of what they needed to do. I'm very familiar with zones, I've played zones many times, I know the ball has to go inside out, you make them collapse, and get easier shots. There needs to be penetration and we weren't doing that with some of the guys we had out there and it's unfortunate because we could have lost the game because of it (Ed note: This guy gets it!). But hopefully, we'll learn a lesson, we'll move on and we've got another one on Tuesday, we've got Philly...
k4lakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Kobe Bryant Interview:

-(Q: Forced into a lot of 3 pt shots) I don't think we were forced into it, but that we settled for them and tonight they weren't falling for us. When that happens, you need to get the ball inside, get some penetration and get some points off of your defense.

(Q: You scored 37 pts in the 1st Qtr, you hadn't even scored yet... can you talk about the balance that was going on there?) Yeah, we just moved the ball. We do a great job spacing teams out, cutting them up and we just moved the ball around and got some good looks.

-(Q: Is it too early to think about that if the season ended today, you would be playing the Mavs?) It's not too early. It's important that when we play against them that we continue to try to beat them just in case we play them in the 1st round.

(Q: When they went on their 21-2 run, how did you guys get back into it?) Well, we had to get some points off our defense, until we figured out the zone. We had to let our defense get us back into it and get some points off of that.
k4lakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject:

And finally... Andrew Bynum:

-It's coming along very well. I'm starting to run on the treadmill as of last week. The lateral movement is a little bit iffy still, like exploding through it... I'm able to do it, but it's just a little bit uncomfortable so hopefully in the next couple of weeks, those things resolve.

-Totally different injury from last year and is much farther ahead (re-hab wise). I'm already running and I can do everything forward and backwards, it's just the lateral stuff. All I can really do is keep going to rehab, keep on icing it and keep hoping that everything keeps going well.

-(Re: 15-4 record since his injury. Surprised they've had that kind of success without him?) No, this is the same team that made it to the finals last year. They're obviously a little bit better, they gel a bit better and I was expecting them to do this every game and that's what they've done.

-(Q: 5 weeks from today the playoffs begin. Do you think you'll be back in 5 weeks?) Yeah, definitely. Hopefully within 3 but if not, I'll definitely be there in 5.

-(Q: In 3 weeks, how much will it be physically and how much will it be mentally that you don't want to get hit in the knee?) Mentally, it will always be there because you had the injury but physically, it should definitely be fine because I'm already running and everything, I just need to take time for lateral movement.
mvpbenga
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject:

okay summary of players:

Kobe: picked it up in the second half, did very well.
Lamar: Hes crazy but overall pretty good
Ariza: SUPERB!
Gasol: SUPERb!
Fisher: Eh, same old, not so good, makes threes.

Now to the small three

Farmar: Poopy
Walton: CACA(poopy in french)
Vuja: HRaa(poopy in arabic)

Next

Benga: AMAZING AS ALWAYS!
Powell: Okay, hes good though.
Phil Jackson: Pretty good, some good threes in there.
Morrison: GREAT AS ALWAYS
Brown: GREAT DUNK SHANON! Half time dunk spotligght of the night!

OVERALL NOT SO GOOD BUT WE WON:D WOOO
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 37 of 38
Jump to: