Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Lakers---->
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject:

doven wrote:

I'm really excited for Drew to come back. It means LO off the bench and little less JP (he wasn't playing good lately).

I agree.

I'm not even someone who believes Drew has to get back to the level of play before he got hurt for the Lakers to win it all. Just getting him back will improve the rotations and bring stability.

That's a big key to regaining momentum.
Roger O. Thornhill
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject:

koolmo23 wrote:
Roger O. Thornhill wrote:
koolmo23 wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
koolmo23 wrote:
it a wrap HCA go to the Cavs and the MVP go to James

I can already hear ESPN masturbating to it.

lol think i skip ESPN for a few days

Why not just skip it for the rest of time?
\

ESPN do have good baseball coverage the basketball is bad i skip the basketball part

Fair enough.
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject:

looks like im going to have to skip all sports outlets until the lakers finally get a W
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
abciximab
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject:

pkflyers wrote:
looks like im going to have to skip all sports outlets until the lakers finally get a W

hopefully you won't have to wait too long
SlickVic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject:

I think this game made me notice how the Lakers give up so many open 3's. I saw quite a few Charlotte plays where a quick guard would drive in and 3-4 Lakers would swarm him leaving someone open for three. All they need to do is kick it out to him for an open 3. Pretty common bball play but it seems very potent against the Lakers since they fall for the bait a lot.
saintdee
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject:

SlickVic wrote:
I think this game made me notice how the Lakers give up so many open 3's. I saw quite a few Charlotte plays where a quick guard would drive in and 3-4 Lakers would swarm him leaving someone open for three. All they need to do is kick it out to him for an open 3. Pretty common bball play but it seems very potent against the Lakers since they fall for the bait a lot.

you just noticed? its been a problem all year.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject:

Tony Almeida wrote:
Tick wrote:
Everybody played terrible tonight. Kobe couldn't find his shot, and neither could anyone else for that matter, but we have a REAL problem now with the bench.

WE DON'T HAVE A BENCH. There I said it. That's a fact. It's not debatable anymore. This team has ZERO depth. If Kobe shoots poorly, this team doesn't have a prayer.

Kobe went 7/14 in the second half.

Much better than the first half.

Yes, the bench is still playing poorly, but the interior defense (mainly Pau) was also subpar tonight.

hopefully the second half'll be a springboard for kobe and he'll break out of the slump soon.
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:

hopefully the second half'll be a springboard for kobe and he'll break out of the slump soon.

As was mentioned around halftime, I'm not concerned with Kobe's shooting. When he shoots at a decent percent (as he did in the second half), and the team still loses by double digits to the Bobcats, there are some other issues that I would be more concerned about.

Although I have thought for some time now that the bench will snap out of it, it doesn't seem to be happening. Upside is, they can't play any worse, and if nothing else, Bynum coming back will help fix some of those issues (not all, though, e.g. Sasha/Farmar have had problems seemingly the entire year, independent of who is in the lineup).
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject:

saintdee wrote:
SlickVic wrote:

thats what im saying
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
SlickVic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject:

saintdee wrote:
SlickVic wrote:

No I noticed it before but this game made it blatantly apparent. Also there's a lot of people here who say they leave the 3 open because they don't want to leave the post open. Not only did Charlotte make lot of shots inside, what good is having 3-4 guys crowding one player if he still has no problem passing it out to the open shooter? It's a trap the Laker D falls for too many times and is practically begging the other team to go crazy beyond the 3 point line. I suppose it's not surprising a 3 pt shooting team like Orlando swept the season series with plays like this along the barrage of 3's from Posey,House,Allen in the finals.
abciximab
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject:

was just looking at the boxscore--did Odom foul out again?
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject:

^ I know fans get upset with guys helping out on the interior and leaving three point shooters, but I think it's rather obvious as to the reasoning why.

Gasol is not a defensive anchor. I definitely think he at times shows he can use his length and play good man D, but a really subpar anchor as this season has shown. And the PG defense remains an issue. Combine both of those problems and to me, it's pretty clear why the Lakers try to help out on the inside and gamble by giving up the three ball. They could certainly do a better job of getting out and contesting at times, but the strategy in general, considering the players on the team, makes sense for the most part.
SlickVic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject:

double post by mistake
k4lakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject:

Phil Jackson Post Game Interview:

-(Q: (Came in mid-question) A: Kobe couldn't hit shots, Lamar looked good on his shots, the bench didn't hit many of their shots. Maybe it was legs but I'm not willing to just say that off-hand.

-(Q: Only 6 free throws in this game and 2 of them were technicals. One tech was the first play of the game so you basically got one call for the rest of the game. Is that you guys not getting calls or not taking the ball to the hoop or a combination of both? What do you attribute that to?) A: (Long pause and a smirk) Road game.

-(Q: I'll read between the lines on that one but do you need to be more aggressive to the hoop or no?) A: The guys got to the hoop. Pau, I know got fouled going to the hoop at least two or three times, Kobe got fouled going on a fast break, Lamar went there a few times. You know, it's the way it is.

-(Q: The game tomorrow night in Milwaukee is a quick turn around and you guys have been pretty good on back-to-backs but based on what you saw tonight, you thinking you've got to play people fewer minutes, make any adjustments from the coaching end of things or will you just see how it goes?) A: We'll see how the game goes, see how we play and measure it out as we go.

-(Q: Phil, is there anything that can be done to get the 2nd unit going? They've been pretty poor especially the last two.) A: Yeah, I tried Shannon out there to start with but the pressure the Bobcats put, it was a little bit difficult for him to figure out how to get our offense functioning. So I felt that was a little bit unfair for him in those situations. They just have to play through it, they just have to find a way to start playing and the pressure's on them.

-(Q: Two games in a row that your score has been down, 76 in Atlanta and 80 tonight. Just missing shots or is there more to it than that?) A: Well, I think the idea of being aggressive is limited in some of the things that we did. We didn't play the game with the kind of vim and vigor that we like to play the game. They came out and made five turn-overs to start the 3rd quarter and we made one basket out of those sequences. It's just not precise.
SlickVic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Tony Almeida wrote:
^ I know fans get upset with guys helping out on the interior and leaving three point shooters, but I think it's rather obvious as to the reasoning why.

Gasol is not a defensive anchor. I definitely think he at times shows he can use his length and play good man D, but a really subpar anchor as this season has shown. And the PG defense remains an issue. Combine both of those problems and to me, it's pretty clear why the Lakers try to help out on the inside and gamble by giving up the three ball. They could certainly do a better job of getting out and contesting at times, but the strategy in general, considering the players on the team, makes sense for the most part.

Point taken. I can see why they gamble there but I have to hope with Bynum and Gasol crowding the paint (hopefully soon) everyone else can focus on the rest of the floor.

My main point was with the PG penetration/kickout to the open shooter. It just infuriates me to see how effortlessly they pass it out despite 3 Lakers crowding him.
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject:

SlickVic wrote:

Point taken. I can see why they gamble there but I have to hope with Bynum and Gasol crowding the paint (hopefully soon) everyone else can focus on the rest of the floor.

My main point was with the PG penetration/kickout to the open shooter. It just infuriates me to see how effortlessly they pass it out despite 3 Lakers crowding him.

Hopefully you're right. Of course, Gasol at the 4 with Bynum at the 5 leads to a different set of issues on the defensive end (related to Gasol's speed).

And I definitely see what you're saying with regards to PG penetration leading to a kickout to an open shooter. It does seem rather easy for opposing teams to do that, despite the Lakers trying to make it difficult. But, I didn't say the strategy was executed well, just that the strategy itself made sense.
k4lakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject:

Kobe Bryant Interview: (Looking VERY p.o.'d)

-(Regarding the two game losing streak) A: I think we just need to give credit to the teams that we played against. Atlanta played well and Charlotte played well.

-(Q: Kobe, the offense has been down the last two games, what do you attribute that to?) A: Just not shooting the ball well. We're getting good looks, we're just not making them.

(Q: They had a ton of points in the paint. Brian said at halftime that you guys gotta shut that down, the points in the paint. Is that penetration or more to it than that?) A: It's both. It's transition, it's penetration.

(Q: Now that you guys have fallen behind Cleveland now by 3, is it time to maybe rest some guys, maybe lower your minutes, lower Pau's minutes?) A: I don't think so. Just got to build momentum, build rhythm. You want to be playing well going into the playoffs.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Tony Almeida wrote:

I agree; PJ has made it pretty clear he'll concede the 3 with the tradeoffs we face on defense right now, he's playing the odds best he can.
Justin
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject:

lol at kobe. another horrible shooting performance, and only 2 assists....typical.
noJINX
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject:

This is very frustrating. The bench mob is not being effective. The only one who is contributing is Luke. He is creating plays, penetrating the paint, and helping Pau. Jordan - TO, bricks (the last 5 games). Sasha, giving a little Defense, that's about it. Josh has been flat.

After Phil put the starters in the 4th we caught up within 2. Then we all know what happened next.

MESSAGE TO BENCH MOB: Pull your head out and get focused and make smart passes and shots (especially you Farmar)
Justin
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject:

^message to kobe: pass the ball or drive it. derek fisher drives to the basket more than kobe....
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: FT attempts: Charlote: 22 Los Angeles: 6

im sure we can point the finger else where instead of the lakers lack of killer insinct

cough : refs : cough
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Since88 wrote:
WOW this team is in complete shambles!
We just aren't hungry and we are developing bad habits so close to the playoffs. I think Farmar has got to go. He is not developing into our future PG. Phil let it be known as soon as he let Brown come off the bench first!

I put big bucks on the Lakers to win the finals. Guess I was wrong there.

Don't be so quick to write that one off. Tonight is the fluke. The playoffs are the real deal. I think this team will be ready.
StuLantz#1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject:

The team is really hitting a low point as they close in on the playoffs. Kobe looks absolutely awful lately--I don't even want to know his shooting % for the week. I was all for resting players, and I know Garnett isn't playing, but it can get really bad really quick in terms of the homecourt battle against Boston (now that there's not even a prayer to catch Cleveland). There are still a handful of games coming up I can see us losing, especially considering our nose dive. We still have a few games up on them, it's just especially dangerous given how weak we are now.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 36 of 37
Jump to: