***LAKERS -vs- NUGGETS 4/9 Game Thread***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 47, 48, 49  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roger O. Thornhill
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Kobe came up one point short of Chuck, and Pau came up one rebound short of putting up 20/20... terrible effort by those clowns.
ecksor
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Rocky Mountain News: Denver not buying Lakers' ownership stake

Quote:
David Thompson can pinpoint the precise moment the Lakers pretty much began to own the Nuggets.

But before we get to April 15, 1979, at McNichols Sports Arena, consider that when the Nuggets entered the NBA in 1976, maybe they didn't own the Lakers. But at least they rented them.

The Nuggets won eight of the first 12 meetings. Then they split the first two games of that April 1979 Western Conference three- game miniseries.

With 12 seconds left in the deciding Game 3, Lakers center Kareem Abdul-Jabbar hit a skyhook for a 112-111 Los Angeles lead. Going for the win, Thompson, the Nuggets guard, put up a 15-foot jumper.

"Ron Boone knocked me off- balance," Thompson said of the miss that secured the Lakers' win. "He definitely fouled me. Something like that you never forget."

Thompson said one "could say that started" Denver's longtime frustration with the Lakers, which is at 30 years and counting.

...(article continues)

Link

Who is my avatar? Kharunisia
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject:

L4L wrote:
TheOnlyMember wrote:
I can see some nuggets fans complaining of home cooking: 46-29 FTs.

No doubt about that. I'm sure the Nuggets forums are ablaze with crying and whining.

yes but this board would complain too if we were on the other end of it

the bottom line is, we have 2 bigs who score inside, and a guy off the bench who looks to slash inside. and the best player in the league too. 40+ fts every night should be a given imo.
Ko8e8ryant
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Roger O. Thornhill wrote:
Kobe came up one point short of Chuck, and Pau came up one rebound short of putting up 20/20... terrible effort by those clowns.

Send them both to the bench for Shannon Brown, he can cover both spots for them.

- Andy Warhol
dukdukgoos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Loved SB today, he showed a lot of grit and stepped up to the opportunity PJ gave him.
IheartLaKers86
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Los Angeles Lakers: Where Snappin Streaks Happens
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
L4L wrote:
TheOnlyMember wrote:
I can see some nuggets fans complaining of home cooking: 46-29 FTs.

No doubt about that. I'm sure the Nuggets forums are ablaze with crying and whining.

yes but this board would complain too if we were on the other end of it

the bottom line is, we have 2 bigs who score inside, and a guy off the bench who looks to slash inside. and the best player in the league too. 40+ fts every night should be a given imo.

Well, we weren't on recieving end of it and here I am complaining - horrible officiating. Not saying here - biased: FTA advantage we have had was because we have been going inside the whole game. Just too many whistles overall, including perimeter whistles. They let them bang inside - then started calling it, the same on the perimeter (kobe harassing Billups with no whistle, the same other way around and then - touch foul on Fish or Sasha sticking his feet out and getting 3 FTA) - just bad and inconsistent...
SlickVic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Bynum's return was better than I expected. Bring on Portland.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject:

k4lakers wrote:
LAKERS WIN!!!

63-16

Another winning streak SNAPPED.

Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject:

raffi wrote:
Now let"s get a W tomorrow.

SladeRider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject:

I was expecting 10-15 minutes from Bynum but we got 21 minutes, don't kno if it could of been more because I see he had 5 fouls aswell so he might of been pulled because of foul trouble, only managed to catch the last 2:50 of the game.
limchrc
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject:

Nice
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject:

^^I didn't expect 21 minutes the first game back either. I REALLY didn't expect to see him with 16 points, and I thought the Lakers would be more out of synch until they adjust to having him back.

Bynum passes test number 1 with flying colors. Now, on to test number 2!! Knock Pryzbilla down a few notches. Do it Drew!!!
10scott10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
^^I didn't expect 21 minutes the first game back either. I REALLY didn't expect to see him with 16 points, and I thought the Lakers would be more out of synch until they adjust to having him back.

Bynum passes test number 1 with flying colors. Now, on to test number 2!! Knock Pryzbilla down a few notches. Do it Drew!!!

don't forget about what he has to do against Oden
Lakercious08
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Was that a playoff type win or what? What a game for Bynum, first of all, played away the rust from the last three months. Kobe scored 33. Sasha is regaining his machine image. Gasol with a career night in rebounding. We are playing our best basketball, yet. With this type of play, the Lakers will run away in the Western Conference and capture the title.
Lakers Rocks!
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject:

10scott10 wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

don't forget about what he has to do against Oden

True; if Oden's having a good night he could be a load, but it was Pryz that popped off to the press after they blew the Lakers out, which would make Bynum's dumping a can of smackdown all over Pryz much more gratifying.

Regardless; most important is seeing the Lakers 64-16 and back to .800 tomorrow night!
SlickVic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Lakercious08 wrote:
Was that a playoff type win or what? What a game for Bynum, first of all, played away the rust from the last three months. Kobe scored 33. Sasha is regaining his machine image. Gasol with a career night in rebounding. We are playing our best basketball, yet. With this type of play, the Lakers will run away in the Western Conference and capture the title.

Well Sasha was only 1 for 6 from 3 so he still needs some work with his shooting. I do think he's been playing better defense the past week or so (getting more physical/forcing TO's without drawing a foul) which is a nice plus. If he can find his shot for the playoffs I expect some solid contributions from him.
SladeRider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject:

SlickVic wrote:
Lakercious08 wrote:

Well Sasha was only 1 for 6 from 3 so he still needs some work with his shooting. I do think he's been playing better defense the past week or so (getting more physical/forcing TO's without drawing a foul) which is a nice plus. If he can find his shot for the playoffs I expect some solid contributions from him.

I agree, his defense has gotten better, he played Smith as good as you can on that 3 pointer that tied the game at the half, didn't give Smith an easy shot and had a hand in his face, just luck dropped it in and don't see how anyone can moan about it.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject:

SladeRider wrote:
SlickVic wrote:
Lakercious08 wrote:

I agree, his defense has gotten better, he played Smith as good as you can on that 3 pointer that tied the game at the half, didn't give Smith an easy shot and had a hand in his face, just luck dropped it in and don't see how anyone can moan about it.

Sasha was very disruptive tonight, forcing turnovers and altering drives and passes.
dna.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

Sasha was very disruptive tonight, forcing turnovers and altering drives and passes.

+ pissing off Denver fans who then call him a girl

grimmz4764
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:08 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

What did Pryz say? I think he's a candidate for a guy who was called underrated for so long that he's now officially overrated.
tlim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Referee issues from last night.

So what's the deal with the game last night? I know the Lakers got to the line a lot, but it seemed like they should have gotten there a lot more.

Denver was able to camp in the lane for basically as long as they wanted while on defense. Andersen would just wait behind Kobe's defender, planted in the key while Kobe's back is to the basket. He's just waiting there, waiting for his move. Kobe getting the five count was much more likely that the Birdman getting called for illegal defense.

Also, that play where Kobe just whips his arms around while Chauncey had his hands on him seemed really weird. Wasn't that type of shot a foul before? That's Duncan's old move. Did they decide not call those anylonger? I notice Kobe rarely, if at all, gets those these days.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject:

THere were a lot of bad calls and no calls both ways. I did note that whenever the Lakers got a big led, they quit going to the line, but overall, it was a case of really poor consistency.
LaMesaLakerLover
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject:

Too many ticky tack calls last night. I hate watching games like that. We got the majority of the calls. Jaffe (spl?) must have an agenda with Nene...

Last edited by LaMesaLakerLover on Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
LakersForTheWin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject:

But it was lucky us cause several of our fouls wasn't called too. Several offensive fouls and 3 sec defense wasnt called.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 48 of 49
Jump to: